Recipes for Dummies - Deja Vu

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Yes I am doing this again. The first Recipes for Dummies thread lasted six years and nearly 1000 posts before it finally died out about a year ago. Over 200 recipes were posted, and here is a link to the most basic 150 or so ;

The Most Basic "Recipes for Dummies"

So Let's Try This Again ! Looking for the most basic e-liquid recipes for newcomers and people with active lifestyles. I would ask that anyone who posts here PLEASE limit your posts to recipes that contain four or fewer flavors, and no decimal points. Again, this is for your most basic recipes to share with newcomers and people who lead active lives. And hopefully we can help someone find their next great vaping experience !
It would be helpful, but not necessary, if you specify MTL or DTL recipe.
Here are a few favorites I developed over the course of the previous thread :

BUTTER MEL
Butterscotch (FW) 5%
Caramel (TFA) 3%
Vanilla Bean Gelato (TFA) 2%
EM (TFA) 1%

BLADE RUNNER
Shisha Vanilla (INW) 8%
Creme de Menthe (TFA) 2%

HONEY NUT TOBACCO
555 DK Tobacco (TFA) 5%
Honey (TFA) 2%

DEVIL'S FOOD CAKE
Yellow Cake (FW) 5%
Double Chocolate Clear (TFA) 4%
Caramel (TFA) 3%
DX Bavarian Cream (TFA) 3%

Here is a link to the original thread ;

Recipes for Dummies

And here are is a partial Glossary of Vendor references ;

CAP - Capella Flavors
CF - Chef's Flavors
CNV - Chemnovatic
FA Flavour Art
FLV - Flavorah
FS - Flavor Shack
FW Flavor West
HA - Hangsen
INW - Inawera Flavors
JF - Jungle Flavors
LOR - Loranns Flavors
MF - Medicine Flower
MB - Molin Berry Flavors
OOO - One On One Flavors
OS - One Stop Flavors
PUR - Purilum
SF - Seedman Flavors
SSA - Sobuckys Super Aromas
TFA - The Flavor Apprentice
VSO
VTA - Vape Train Australia
WF - Wonder Flavors

Last edited by a moderator:

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
thanks @PapawBrett for rejuvenating this thread.
I wish I could recall from whom I got this mix, to thank him/her since I really like it. It's a mixture similar to the old Halo Tribeca. (Probably lower the Soho to 7% and up the Meringue to 3%, but it's good as is).

Soho Meringue
FA Soho 10%
FA Meringue 2%
stevia 1%

I suspect the originator of this used a different sweetener, but I like the more natural stevia.

P.S. I'm still enjoying the NETs you were kind enough to send a couple of years ago. How long do you think the extracts will last before they lose it?

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
thanks @PapawBrett for rejuvenating this thread.
I wish I could recall from whom I got this mix, to thank him/her since I really like it. It's a mixture similar to the old Halo Tribeca. (Probably lower the Soho to 7% and up the Meringue to 3%, but it's good as is).

Soho Meringue
FA Soho 10%
FA Meringue 2%
stevia 1%

I suspect the originator of this used a different sweetener, but I like the more natural stevia.

P.S. I'm still enjoying the NETs you were kind enough to send a couple of years ago. How long do you think the extracts will last before they lose it?

Yea, those mailing regs kinda suck.
I don't refrigerate my NET extracts, and some of the 'top note' flavors tend to fade after six months to a year. The straight tobacco blends last a while. I usually make new extracts every year, and toss the previous ones.
I really haven't tried keeping them for any length of time....

• Informative
Reactions: rosesense

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Glad to see this type of thread revived but would encourage adding the newer flavor houses like SSA (Sobuckys Super Aromas), VSO, and another older one gaining in popularity MF (Medicine Flower). Since all my recipes have decimals I will refrain from posting.

I can no longer edit the O.P.
Maybe @classwife could help...

Reactions: Letitia

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida

gloopdegurp

DIY Hack
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2022
Pennsylvania, USA
Poppy's Milk V1.0
Cream Fresh (FA) • 1%
Dragonfruit (TPA) • 1%
Juicy Strawberry (FA) • 2%
Vienna Cream (FA) • 2%

I was going for something along the lines of Vapetasia's Milk Of The Poppy here. While this did not hit that mark, it turned out pretty good.

I'm leaving the version number in the name as I am still working on this profile but thought this was a nice simple recipe to share.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Wondering how @PapawBrett is doing?

Busy. Mamaw is into her second round of chemotherapy, taking the pills this time. Which means I am cooking, cleaning, doing laundry in addition to lawn maintenance, car maintenance, home repairs, and occasionally spending the cooler part of the morning in my garden.
My younger brother has spent the last two months in an extended care bed with tubes in his throat and stomach after a pretty serious brain-bleed stroke. So I spend most evenings on the phone calling nurses, Human Resource Managers, his ex-wife (amicable separation) and his current live-in, all of whom are 2700 miles away in Portland Oregon. If Mama was better, I'd be out there.
Natasha and I are doing fine. I am still vaping, in fact, I need to mix up some Brigadier Alamo Black and Home & Hearth Midtown Chestnut this afternoon as I am running low.
I hope everyone else has had a less eventful summer.
Have a Safe and Blessed Day.

Last edited:

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Busy. Mamaw is into her second round of chemotherapy, taking the pills this time. Which means I am cooking, cleaning, doing laundry in addition to lawn maintenance, car maintenance, home repairs, and occasionally spending the cooler part of the morning in my garden.
    My younger brother has spent the last two months in an extended care bed with tubes in his throat and stomach after a pretty serious brain-bleed stroke. So I spend most evenings on the phone calling nurses, Human Resource Managers, his ex-wife (amicable separation) and his current live-in, all of whom are 2700 miles away in Portland Oregon. If Mama was better, I'd be out there.
    Natasha and I are doing fine. I am still vaping, in fact, I need to mix up some Brigadier Alamo Black and Home & Hearth Midtown Chestnut this afternoon as I am running low.
    I hope everyone else has had a less eventful summer.
    Have a Safe and Blessed Day.
    Good to hear from you and I hope things get better soon. Best wishes to mamaw and your brother.

Users who are viewing this thread