Received broken DOTAIO

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoPluto

Jul 21, 2019
I'd try it with the dry burn protection off, no harm in trying.

The reason I say this is the one I had never once fired with dry burn protection on using any of the 6 .3Ω mesh heads I tried.

The nautilus & triton mini heads work well in it if you have the adapter.

BTW, dotmod doesn't specifically state the .3 mesh heads are ss316.

Very helpful. I did try that. Also, the box that I received does say ss316 for the .3 mesh. Weird that it seems to be inconsistent. Either way, I got in touch with the OEM and they sent me out a new one today with a return shipping label for the old unit. I am very pleased once again with the customer service!

Reactions: madstabber

NoPluto

Jul 21, 2019
Welcome to the friendly bunch :)

Job for the warranty there. I don't think it means that they shouldn't be bought because lots of people seem to like them....just a one off for you. Sorry about that....it's a pain I know :)

Thank you!

Yup. Warranty took care of it immediately. Just had to wait for that dreadful weekend to be over and the warehouse to open up haha

NoPluto

Jul 21, 2019
I had this issue with both dotmod .3 coils and aspire 1.8 ns, both times I had cranked the coil in as hard as possible. When the metal disc above the bottom threading and o ring makes contact with the top of the airflow ring, (I'm guessing here) this causes a short or changes the patch of current, causing the chip to read this as either a coil or battery problem.
So dont fully tighten the coils, back one off a half or quarter turn and let me know what happens, it's easy to over do this and take the coil too far out which will cause it to fail to fire as well, the dot aio seems picky about this.

This right here gave me hope! Lol. I tried, it didn’t work, and also I tried literally backing off one thread at a time. They sent me out a new unit! But thank you so much for the help. Love ECF already!

NoPluto

Jul 21, 2019
Hi NoPluto. Welcome to the ECF

It sounds like the Mod is Not making contact with the "Tank". Is there a Possibility that the Mod's center post is somehow stuck in a Down Position?

Thanks zoiDman!

That was the first thing that I thought. Nope, it’s a beautifully spring loaded little piece. I think I finally got my turn at being unlucky. One time in over 6 years, not too shabby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread