Status
Not open for further replies.

house mouse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
BFE
I got a new LP grand this week and I'm curious if I'll need a different rebuild kit with these new connectors than the ones I have for my older grands. Especially since that pin that connects to the tube is much longer than my older grands. Not to mention the addition of the adjustable 510. Are the rebuild kits on the REO site usable for the new connectors, or old connectors, or both?

Edit: I'm also curious if it 's going to be a bit different process in rebuilding one now.

Last edited:

house mouse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
BFE
The current rebuild kit would be for the older 510s, only things useable in it for the new 510 would be the spring, firing pin and tube. The center pin and gaskets would not be usable.

Until Rob gets a new kit setup a spring or two should cover you.

Thanks! That's what I thought but I wasn't 100% sure. Now I'll just have to wait patiently for someone to video a rebuild of one with the new connector. :)

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
Excellent news on adding the positive contacts. Do the old 510 and new 510 have the same diameter. In other words will the same contact work on both?
Yes the contact hole is the same but the insulator needs to be opened up a little if your going to use one you bought before the new 510

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread