Ready to add a Vamo to my cart!

Status
Not open for further replies.

madesorgo

May 16, 2013
Lago Vista, TX
Well lately I purchased an eGo twist and a few Cisco 306 1.5 ohm attys to do some dripping. I can't lie I am the type of person who loves a hobby that is more technical and requires some electrical knowledge. I've been searching and reading about different APV's and I pretty much come to the conclusion the Vamo is an almost must have to have in my future collection. What I want from my vaping experience is:

1. Have a device that is VV and potentially VW.
2. Use RBA's and RDA's to build my own coils with steel or ceramic wicks.
3. Be able to replace batteries easily and be able to find such batteries locally.
4. Have a good solid backup device I can always rely on.

Now my biggest concern was reading in the description for the Vamo was that they stated it will not want to work with anything less than 1.2ohms. This is not really a big deal for me as I do not expect to run anything under 1.5. I do have good multimeter and will be able to see how many ohms I will be running. I also plan on ordering one of these:

RSST Rebuildable Atomizer
AGI Dripping & Tank Rebuildable Atomizer
IGO-L Rebuildable Stainless Steel Dripping Atomizer
Mini RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - Stainless

I figured the above RBA/RDA's are good for my beginning trials with rebuilding. Eventually I would like to get into something like a ZAP with a ProVari but that requires a bit of saving. Now why I really posted: is it worth to have the Vamo as a backup device even when you are thinking of purchasing a ProVari or use the money wait a little bit and purchase the ProVari? I really like the idea of the Vamo, having more than one button is a big plus. Also the build quality reviews seem like it's very reliable. At the same time for $25 more I can get into a Zmax. Cost is always something I will consider as I do have things to pay for such as a car, a school loan in addition to paying my current education in cash, my mortgage, and lifestyle ha. Something like a ProVari would take a few months so I could get the nerve to purchase. So considering all of my rambling I was looking at VV650 VAMO V2 (body only) eGo APV - VaporBreak for the Vamo, this for the battery AW High Drain Rechargeable Batteries | Best 18650 Batteries, and would appreciate any suggestions for the charger (I was considering this http://www.avidvaper.com/products/U...-Voltage-Li%2dIon-LifePO4--Multi-Charger.html or this http://www.discountvapers.com/efest-luc-multifunction-digital-charger/). Also would the Vamo work with protected batteries and would the battery link I posted be a protected battery? As always suggestions and comments are always welcome. I really want to have a good backup VV mod, something like a ProVari as well (it is just so darn pretty) and a mechanical to try out coils under 1.0ohms. Would you consider this a good purchase for me?

Last edited:

SilverCloud

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2013
Central Fl. USA.
Hi!

I own a few high priced mods but let me tell you... A Vamo is hard to beat for the price. I consider it my "workhorse" mod and it's never let me down. And I've had it for over three months. Never had any problems with it at all. I own a Poldiac UMA, a few Super-T devices, 2 GUS mods, and still my Vamo gets used every day. I think you'll really like it! :toast: An A+ in my book.

Bri

xbassman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
Tulsa, OK. USA
Ur best option:

The Vamo-SS @ $27.99 HERE.
The Batteries @ $9.53 (Pack of two) HERE.
The Charger @ $19.35 HERE.
The Genesis Style Atomizer @ $11.26 HERE.

All Free Shipping Worldwide.

Definitely order the stainless model!
Fasttech is a good vendor if ordering direct from China. (Took 14 days to Oklahoma)

madesorgo

May 16, 2013
Lago Vista, TX
Awesome thank you so much for the links. What is the difference in protected and non-protected batteries really anyways? I didn't search that yet.

Edit: Alright I think I found my answer where the AW IMR batteries are chemically balanced where other batteries may need a protection circuit. So if I used an AW battery it would be safe.

Last edited:

xbassman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
Tulsa, OK. USA
Awesome thank you so much for the links. What is the difference in protected and non-protected batteries really anyways? I didn't search that yet.

Edit: Alright I think I found my answer where the AW IMR batteries are chemically balanced where other batteries may need a protection circuit. So if I used an AW battery it would be safe.

The non- protected batteries like the AW's you were looking at and the Panasonics qorax linked to are "high drain" batteries and don't require protection. (that is the type you need for a Vamo) The vamo has protection built into the onboard electronics.
That said.... not all unprotected batteries are high drain or safe for that matter.

I would use the links qorax provided, they are equal or better choices than your links.
If a did style RBA isn't what you're looking for, there are plenty of choices stateside, many close to you.

vernhall

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
United States
Got my Vamos from VaporBreak -- great price and solid service! Have found the Vamo to be rock-solid and have no desire to spend more money for something that's mainly a status symbol... Also picked up a couple of their DID Genesis RBAs that are great once you get them built right which I found not to be that hard at all... DID REPAIRABLE GENESIS STYLE ATOMIZER Also went with their batteries and charger -- one set bought stand-alone and two sets bought as part of their Vamo kit...

masguapoakosayo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
los angeles
Ur best option:

The Vamo-SS @ $27.99 HERE.
The Batteries @ $9.53 (Pack of two) HERE.
The Charger @ $19.35 HERE.
The Genesis Style Atomizer @ $11.26 HERE.

All Free Shipping Worldwide.

Don't forget the coupon code "CPASTE13SPRING" to get prices listed. For a little over 68 bucks shipped, that's a great deal!

madesorgo

May 16, 2013
Lago Vista, TX
Man you guys are seriously awesome I'm really liking how helpful this forum is and how eager y'all are to help another vaper out. I went ahead and purchased from FastTech. I don't mind shipping times, gives me more time to play with my dripping. I told my good friend about this as he wanted to quit cigarettes too and needless to say I grabbed two vamos but grabbed a mini vivi nova for him as he wants to keep it simple.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Man you guys are seriously awesome I'm really liking how helpful this forum is and how eager y'all are to help another vaper out. I went ahead and purchased from FastTech. I don't mind shipping times, gives me more time to play with my dripping. I told my good friend about this as he wanted to quit cigarettes too and needless to say I grabbed two vamos but grabbed a mini vivi nova for him as he wants to keep it simple.

Not the Vivi, a Carto-Tank keeps it further simple. At $2.90 THIS is better. And comes in a myriad of colors, sizes & qty options (lesser price).

madesorgo

May 16, 2013
Lago Vista, TX
You won't regret it madesorgo.....

Here's a vendor down there in TX (Ft. Worth) that is a good place for wick and wire, RBA's etc.....

Vaporizers, Ecigs and Accessories

That's perfect. It will probably get here in a day with standard shipping. Heck my sister lives right near there can have her pick some up for me when she comes and visits lol.

xbassman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
Tulsa, OK. USA
That's perfect. It will probably get here in a day with standard shipping. Heck my sister lives right near there can have her pick some up for me when she comes and visits lol.

No store pickup.....
Lance is a one man Internet business...
That's why he has low prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread