Help me make choose a APV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tibby

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2012
Oakley, Ca.
I need to choose between 2 devices as a primary backup and work device. I have narrowed it down to a Segelei Zmax V2 in stainless steel or a chrome Vamo V2. I have heard good things about each device with huge love for the Vamo. I understand they are similar and I kind of like the look of the Zmax and the fact it is SS. The Zmax is only $18 more than the Vamo in chrome. I like the fact that the Vamo can use different battery configurations and I have settled on where I am purchasing from so the Zmax telescope is out. I have heard a bunch of different issues with the sigelei Zmax breaking in certain ways and alot of praise about the durrability of the Vamo. I own a Provari and feel the 1 button option kinda gets on my nerves alot and the Vamo has multiple buttons. I am leaning towards the Vamo but want some feed back. I mostly use carto and carto tanks but dabble in clearos at this point. The Zmax is $55 shipped and the chrome Vamo is $36.50 shipped. Please chime in.

White Rabbit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Tibby,

If you already have a ProVari, you obviously have the best. One day I may pull the trigger on a ProVari, but I just do not like the current finish, I prefer SS polished with no groves etc. Anyway, just one other comment. Tanks on the Vamo are problematical because the top is absolutely flat. When you install a tank securely, it will not draw (the air is cut off) unless the tank has air slots in the base, or you modify the Vamo by drilling a hole into the Drip Well (which I did successfully). The SS Vamo is a tank, scratches will polish out, and for a mod, less than $50, it is a great value. Happy Easter and Happy Vaping.

Wabbit

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
I need to choose between 2 devices as a primary backup and work device. I have narrowed it down to a Segelei Zmax V2 in stainless steel or a chrome Vamo V2. I have heard good things about each device with huge love for the Vamo. I understand they are similar and I kind of like the look of the Zmax and the fact it is SS. The Zmax is only $18 more than the Vamo in chrome. I like the fact that the Vamo can use different battery configurations and I have settled on where I am purchasing from so the Zmax telescope is out. I have heard a bunch of different issues with the Sigelei Zmax breaking in certain ways and alot of praise about the durrability of the Vamo. I own a Provari and feel the 1 button option kinda gets on my nerves alot and the Vamo has multiple buttons. I am leaning towards the Vamo but want some feed back. I mostly use carto and carto tanks but dabble in clearos at this point. The Zmax is $55 shipped and the chrome Vamo is $36.50 shipped. Please chime in.

Maybe you should look in these spots for some answers... I think you will find that they all pretty much have their own quirks... I think I read somewhere they all share the same SmokTech board inside each of them...

Variable Voltage APV Discussion
VAMO
Smoktech "Max" VV devices
eVic

DietSalem

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Indiana
Tibby,

If you already have a ProVari, you obviously have the best. One day I may pull the trigger on a ProVari, but I just do not like the current finish, I prefer SS polished with no groves etc. Anyway, just one other comment. Tanks on the Vamo are problematical because the top is absolutely flat. When you install a tank securely, it will not draw (the air is cut off) unless the tank has air slots in the base, or you modify the Vamo by drilling a hole into the Drip Well (which I did successfully). The SS Vamo is a tank, scratches will polish out, and for a mod, less than $50, it is a great value. Happy Easter and Happy Vaping.

Wabbit

Get out of here.

Ignore this user and their koolaid sipping. How can you know the provari is the best if you don't even own one? As a provari owner, it's not even the best mod that I OWN. Get back on topic and help the OP.

OP, when it comes down to it, both of the devices you named will function nearly identically as far as output and capabilities. They're both equally good with one another. No one device stands out. I have used both but only own one of the two you mention and I am satisfied with my own purchase and do not wish I had the other because they are equally good.

When it comes down to it, pick which one you like more. Aesthetics are important too, keep that in mind. If it were possible, I'd say go to a local vapemeet. SOMEONE in your local area will have at least one of them, and someone will probably have the other. Ask them to bring them so you can test them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread