RDA RDA Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
Push for the Aeolus v2. The poster who recommended the Sapor is wrong. I've owned two sapor's (both brand new; one was a replacement unit), and I've melted both insulators. They're not made well at all. The Aeolus was on my short list of my next rda for a while, but I ended up buying my buddy's Kennedy 24. The royal hunter is another good option, but I still suggest the Aeolus v2. Syntheticloud is quality stuff.

sig-cmt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2015
HoustΩn, TX
I don't see much on ECF mentioned about the Twisted Messes rda or the 13 Heavens and 9 Hells RDA. Any opinions on these two ?
13 Heavens 9 Hells RDA is probably going to be my next RDA. Just wish it were 24mm and came with the silver cap instead of the copper one.
I was also considering the Aeolus 2 Pro but I can imagine all the spitting that must happen with such a short height.

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
I don't see much on ECF mentioned about the Twisted Messes RDA or the 13 Heavens and 9 Hells RDA. Any opinions on these two ?
I have a Twisted Messes atty. it's a great atty, but I find myself using it for my larger builds because of the post hole size & because I don't have to worry about the coils shorting out on the afc.
13 Heavens 9 Hells RDA is probably going to be my next RDA. Just wish it were 24mm and came with the silver cap instead of the copper one.
I was also considering the Aeolus 2 Pro but I can imagine all the spitting that must happen with such a short height.
If ya want a 24mm silver rda get a Kennedy 24! It's become my daily carry, and it has not leaked on me at all surprisingly. When the Aeolus v2 is coiled & wicked properly without over dripping the spit back is not bad. If it's a concern, look into the Vector because it comes stock with a screen in the drip tip.

TheJester

Jan 26, 2015
Delaware
Push for the Aeolus v2. The poster who recommended the Sapor is wrong. I've owned two sapor's (both brand new; one was a replacement unit), and I've melted both insulators. They're not made well at all...

I got my Sapor Today. I really like it. I don't know how you melted the insulator, must be vaping very hot. I use temp control and the insulator is on the bottom of the post. The only insulator I've melted was in a hobo clone because the insulator was right next to the post holes.

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
I got my Sapor Today. I really like it. I don't know how you melted the insulator, must be vaping very hot. I use temp control and the insulator is on the bottom of the post. The only insulator I've melted was in a hobo clone because the insulator was right next to the post holes.
I was vaping a .15 ohm build on a single battery mech the first time, then a .25 ohm on a parallel mech. Both builds were medium hot, with ramp up time. The first Sapor I encountered the problem in 5 days. The second it gave out on me on an ipv4 at 75w. The second one I played it safe with a 24gKA1/38gN80 Clapton parallel to a single strand of 24g N80. 3mm bit. It was a fault in the atty. no wonder they're going for so cheap now.

Last edited:

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
Maybe. Perhaps the next iteration of The Kennedy 24. I only wish the deck had offset airflow tubes to avoid having to pull coils over center. Love the size though.
It's not hard to build on, I thought centering was going to be an issue for me but I've had no problems fitting fused Claptons centered and dual coils through the center post.
image.jpeg

Edit: above coil is a one strand 24g & one strand 26g fused with 40g all N80

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread