Not open for further replies.

Necrotic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
Lawrenceville, GA
AndriaD:15495775 said:
I got my Infinite Magma (its called The Lava now) for like $23 at Mt Baker Vapor. It was rad for flavor til I got my $12 Tobeco Derringer from Elev8Vape. The Derringer lays it to waste in both flavor and clouds, but its kinda tough to build for a first rda..

I was looking at the Derringer today after I read where someone else said the Derringer was great for flavor, but the airflow seems like it would be really open -- can it be adjusted to a fairly tight draw? I've gotten used to using the smallest hole on the Magma, just one, and I'm happy with that; can the Derringer do that tight of a draw?

Andria

The outer cap can be moved to cover the holes and restrict airflow.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I haven't really tried yet but you can close off two of the three airholes. The Derringer hits 'smoother' than the Magma to me and I just lung hit it wide open haha. When I throw my kayfun 4s back on for work, I gotta remember I can't hit those like that.

Hmmm... 'smooth' is never what I'm looking for; I want TH that nearly grabs me by the throat. :D I think I'll need to read a lot more about the Derringer, to see if I can determine anything about the airflow, if it can be closed tightly enough to suit me. Really don't want 'wide open' at all, not even close -- even the single smallest hole on the Magma took a bit of getting-used-to. But I love the small size of the Derringer, so I'm going to keep looking for more info about closing off the airflow. If I put that on my Fallen Angel, that would be a terrific stealth mod. :D

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
The outer cap can be moved to cover the holes and restrict airflow.

The airflow can be adjusted from 100% open, down to 0% , in both single and dual coil mode.

Sounds like excellent news to me; I might consider the Derringer for my next RDA, instead of the Veritas -- though I'm dying to try the single-vertical build I've seen for the Veritas.

Andria

Hmmm... 'smooth' is never what I'm looking for; I want TH that nearly grabs me by the throat. :D I think I'll need to read a lot more about the Derringer, to see if I can determine anything about the airflow, if it can be closed tightly enough to suit me. Really don't want 'wide open' at all, not even close -- even the single smallest hole on the Magma took a bit of getting-used-to. But I love the small size of the Derringer, so I'm going to keep looking for more info about closing off the airflow. If I put that on my Fallen Angel, that would be a terrific stealth mod. :D

Andria

The Derringer AF can be adjusted from 100% to 0%. In both dual and single coil mode. Can't get any more adjustable than that.

EDIT- just saw you just replied to my earlier post.

They are both excellent attys from what I've heard. I absolutely LOVE my Derringer.

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com

Andria
Oh no I didn't mean smooth as in no TH. TH is a big part of my vape haha. My Magma was always a little "harsh" to me, I don't know quite how to explain it, maybe its the heat, not sure. The Derringer rocks though, I just have to drip more often. ;)

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Oh no I didn't mean smooth as in no TH. TH is a big part of my vape haha. My Magma was always a little "harsh" to me, I don't know quite how to explain it, maybe its the heat, not sure. The Derringer rocks though, I just have to drip more often. ;)

Yeah, I did notice the heat on the Magma; I just started using my "swivel" driptip; it puts more distance between the coil and my mouth, and because of the angle, none of that spitting nonsense bothers my lips.

I ordered a Veritas (clone) last night. Got a good price ($18.99), then this morning I was browsing around 101vape.. and saw the same clone for $14.99.. almost had a heart attack... then I noticed the "out of stock" and felt loads better. :D

Andria

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
I order from AC about once a week or so. I have 2 more derringers coming in today. I have spent close to $500 with them now lol. Just waiting in a few things to restock this week to order more.
The only issue we had was with the B1 Bomber atty, the insulator burned out and they replaced it with a different atty of my choice and refunded the difference :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread