Random thoughts for the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasT

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
East Texas
Hey brother T - Ab done run off with your 4 wheeler again! I seen it!

View attachment 28505

Well Ab had better be getting my 4 wheeler back here. I use that thing nearly every day! And what's he going to do with it in Chycawgo? He'll get his little bitty .... and shaved head run over up there in that big city. And if he rides that thing around up there with his Napoleon suit on and that hat on sideways and those elevator socks there's no telling what kind of an institution they'll lock him up in.

And I doubt if Dr. Pammy makes house calls to Chycawgo. I know I don't.

I just hope their Fire Department does crotch fires.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Well Ab had better be getting my 4 wheeler back here. I use that thing nearly every day! And what's he going to do with it in Chycawgo? He'll get his little bitty .... and shaved head run over up there in that big city. And if he rides that thing around up there with his Napoleon suit on and that hat on sideways and those elevator socks there's no telling what kind of an institution they'll lock him up in.

T, you are so in for it when Ab gets back! I hope that I am lucky enough to get a front row seat!

TexasT

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
East Texas
Anyone here old enough to remember that computers were useful before the internet?
(A random thought)

Now that there's a good random thought. I'll bet they were useful before all these people got on the internet with all this stuff we talk about on here. Its all Ab's fault. He's guilty by absenteeism - he's not on here to defend himself!

TexasT

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
East Texas
That reminds me of one of the conversations I had with David one time. We were discussing our Commodore computers. Ah, those were the days.

T, have you ever harassed people via punch cards? HA!

No LD, that's one thing I don't think I've ever done. But I DO remember the Commodore computers and things like DOS. But even back then things changed quickly, spreadsheets with built in algorithms and I clearly remember the first graphics program I'd ever seen then the internet. It was definitely some interesting times.

VanderVape

Moved On
Nov 17, 2010
Wyoming

From what I heard regarding crotch fires the fire department first points and laughs, then pulls the pin on the extinguisher and fires. Thank god that they only use the extinguisher because otherwise I have heard about peoples crotches getting blown off by the fire hose.

T, you are so in for it when Ab gets back! I hope that I am lucky enough to get a front row seat!

I have popcorn. :)

That reminds me of one of the conversations I had with David one time. We were discussing our Commodore computers. Ah, those were the days.

T, have you ever harassed people via punch cards? HA!

Oh my gawd I feel old. I remember those computers and playing games on them. I hated having to write out the coding to get into it and get it running a program. You guys remember the floppy's?

LordDavon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Florida
www.discountvapers.com
Oh my gawd I feel old. I remember those computers and playing games on them. I hated having to write out the coding to get into it and get it running a program. You guys remember the floppy's?

Floppys. HA! My first drive was a cassette drive. Those took forever to load! I think my first floppy drive was a 1541 for the commodore. I used a paper punch to make my disks double sided.

As for the games, they were great. Wasn't much in those days for graphics so, games had much better imagination and creativity. Games are rated in hours of game play now-a-days. Back then, you could play a game for months and never finish!

VanderVape

Moved On
Nov 17, 2010
Wyoming
Yeah the games were great and took forever to beat, that is if you could. I loved playing Joust, but the faster it got the more I screwed up. lol

Oh and do you all remember how loud they would be when they were loading the disks? Good times I tell ya. lol
What is sad is that being in the computer era, and coming from when the first computers came out (remember how we sat there impatiently waiting for it to load?) Now I sit here daily gripping at my Droid 2 phone because it freezes up or it won't load fast enough. I do believe that we are all spoiled. lol

VanderVape

Moved On
Nov 17, 2010
Wyoming
OMG! I had a Commodore 64 and then UPGRADED to a 128! Those floppies were HUGE! LOL I remember having a great big modem box and I would dial into a bulletin board - that was really cool back then - I can't believe how much technology has advanced - yeah - I'm old too!

It cracks me up at how we use to think that they were just soo cool and back them all we had was black background with green writing.

Nixsdaddy

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Bessemer City, NC
OMG! I had a Commodore 64 and then UPGRADED to a 128! Those floppies were HUGE! LOL I remember having a great big modem box and I would dial into a bulletin board - that was really cool back then - I can't believe how much technology has advanced - yeah - I'm old too!

My first computer was the Commodore Vic-20 with tape drive. Then I got a C64 with a C1670 Modem (1200 baud) and play on the BBS's all day. Until I started my own BBS. Those were the days.

Norry

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
Hanging out in CA for now
Bringing back lots of computer memories. My first Air Force assignment in Germany was at a place called Kindsbach. We used teletype "point-to-point" systems that used "ticker-tape" as well as the old "punch-card" systems. I also worked on the switchboard for a time. It was the old system of lights on a big board. A button would light up and you'd answer it with one cord, then use another cord to connect the call wherever it needed to go with an old style rotary phone dial.

This was in the early 80's so technology has definitely advanced by leaps and bounds in the last 30 years......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread