Questions from a new Vaporer(hmmmm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PFunk4

Jan 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Hello All,

Glad to be here. I just started vaping about a month ago and I chose to go with the eGo-c starter kit for a beginners device after seeing PBusardos review on YouTube. Initially I was very happy with the device and now i seem to get inconsistant hits, lack of flavor, and horrid burnt tases that feels like it is singing mymthroat. I am left with wanting to find something that will satisfy me a bit more as far as vapor flavor and throat hit, as well as consistency. I was hoping you guys could give me some advice on what may be a good step to take from here. Thank you in advance for your responses!

Shawn

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
Hello All,

Glad to be here. I just started vaping about a month ago and I chose to go with the eGo-c starter kit for a beginners device after seeing PBusardos review on YouTube. Initially I was very happy with the device and now i seem to get inconsistant hits, lack of flavor, and horrid burnt tases that feels like it is singing mymthroat. I am left with wanting to find something that will satisfy me a bit more as far as vapor flavor and throat hit, as well as consistency. I was hoping you guys could give me some advice on what may be a good step to take from here. Thank you in advance for your responses!

Shawn

Is that who's doing the ego-c reviews? Gee, he ought to come here and answer some questions then.

I would get either some boge 2.0 cartomizers or smoktek 1.7 cartomizers. Both can be purchased at Crystal Clear Vaping. You'd get a much better, more consistant vape with cartomizers.

VapeMeStoopid

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2012
USUK
I was using the cartridges with the filler, went to dripping and am now hooked with Carto's. We use and SG2 carto from switch2-ecigs.com (UK Seller) and prefer them over anything else.

Look up some vids on how to clean your atty. If youre getting that burnt taste, something could be in your atty, or it's ready to go out. They don't last forever :)

PFunk4

Jan 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Thank you to all who have replied thus far. I appreciate the advice. Just ordered some of the smoketech cartomizers and am willing to take all advice and recommendations. Geeez, probably spent $600 my first month on different juices and vendors just to find what I like, I figure maybe this will be a less costly way of trying things if I know what other expierianced people have been enjoying. Thanks again

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
I agree. Most people who start on atomizers of any kind experience the same thing. Atomizers are real nice when new but then they start to suck. And no amount or kind of cleaning I ever tried did anything but delay the inevitable suckiness.

Cartomizers are what most end up using for everyday vaping. And I recommend a plain 510 atomizer and drip tip for testing juices and vaping occasional juices at home. Cartomizers have limited lives and a bit of a learning curve but you will enjoy having your favorite flavors totally separate from each other, and love having your ecig be like brand new every time you start a fresh cartomizer.

Last edited:

PFunk4

Jan 31, 2012
New Hampshire
So it seems as though ECF is just going to fuel my out of control shopping addiction a tad more so I figure I will just accept it. Placed a few things on order after recommendations and would love some more while I am waiting for that stuff to come in, I get anxious. So far I ordered:
Smoketech 1.7
1.25 dual coil
Emdcc 1.5
Kgo starter kit
Buzz pro mod
Few drip tips
Boge LR 2.0

Any other suggestions for someone taking his second baby sep into the vaping world?

dearme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2011
Colorado
Did you order lots of sample packs of eliquid? Also a run to Walmart or a pharmacy to pick up some VG to have on hand to doctor any liquids you don't like. It's usually by the rubbing alcohol in the pharmacy area, usually it's Humco brand, USP, 6 oz. for about 3.00. Also a small bottle of PG might also be handy for doctoring juice. You can usually order it from your juice vendor. It's not expensive. I'm in favor of being prepared for unexpected emergencies.........LOL

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
You might be using a thicker juice that doesn't wick well with the Ego-C system. The wick in the eGo-C needs thinner juice to produce good juice feed. Try some 100% PG or 70pg/30vg. In the meantime, try standing your eGo-C on the battery end with the atomizer facing up to help the juice feed better.

You can also pull a couple of times without pressing the battery button after vaping to create a little vacuum on the tank. That will help it to feed some more juice. Some people do a couple of dry pulls before pressing the button to pre-feed some juice to the wick.

TheSneakerHoarder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2012
DFW
Is that who's doing the ego-c reviews? Gee, he ought to come here and answer some questions then.

I would get either some boge 2.0 cartomizers or smoktek 1.7 cartomizers. Both can be purchased at Crystal Clear Vaping. You'd get a much better, more consistant vape with cartomizers.

This_is_what_I_did_for_the_wifey's_set-up.

Works_awesome.

daddysmurf

Verified Member
Jan 29, 2012
North Carolina
I've got some ego's, as well as a 5v passthrough, and just switched to a vv mod. Give up on the ego for a permanent solution; it will leave you wanting soon, if not already. As far as the nastiness, it's the atty. What I've found is the real low resistance atty's give a sharp feel in the back of the throat, and make the flavors all taste poor. Boge 2.0's and io6's make me smile.

PFunk4

Jan 31, 2012
New Hampshire
You might be using a thicker juice that doesn't wick well with the Ego-C system. The wick in the eGo-C needs thinner juice to produce good juice feed. Try some 100% PG or 70pg/30vg. In the meantime, try standing your eGo-C on the battery end with the atomizer facing up to help the juice feed better.

You can also pull a couple of times without pressing the battery button after vaping to create a little vacuum on the tank. That will help it to feed some more juice. Some people do a couple of dry pulls before pressing the button to pre-feed some juice to the wick.

Thanks Dave, I have tried all,of these methods except a 100% pg. all,the juices I have tried thus far are 70/30. And they did work fine at first. I am not upset with the company just didn't pan out for me. It was a place to start but now am ready to dive in deeper. At least I have the batteries.

PFunk4

Jan 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Well, I think your set as far as equipment. I see you got the Buzz Pro too? Excellent :) you will have a blast. But remember more juice, you will start going throughout it with the VV :) You just don't want to get yourself in a pinch.

I don't think juice will be an issue. Lol

I have close to 75 bottles I believe. And I am very excited about the buzz pro for my house vaping. It won't be something I truck around with me I don't think unless I truly fall in love. I am open to juice recommendations as well, I order,new ones 3 -4 times weekly because,it keeps me feeling like its Christmas time. Then when I find one I like from vendors,I usually drop big orders as well as buy a big bottle of the kind I liked.

PFunk4

Jan 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Did you order lots of sample packs of eliquid? Also a run to Walmart or a pharmacy to pick up some VG to have on hand to doctor any liquids you don't like. It's usually by the rubbing alcohol in the pharmacy area, usually it's Humco brand, USP, 6 oz. for about 3.00. Also a small bottle of PG might also be handy for doctoring juice. You can usually order it from your juice vendor. It's not expensive. I'm in favor of being prepared for unexpected emergencies.........LOL

Not,sure I would no how to doctor ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread