Question--Joye 510 PCC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering about the PCC that came with my Joye 510. When storing a battery in it, the lid only closes when it's fully seated in the charging dock. Now I remember with the Blu charging pack if you left the batt screwed in, it'd drain the pack. Is that the case with this? I'd really like to just be able to leave the batt in the PCC when I'm out and about, without having to worry about the PCC losing its charge. Anyone got any light they can shed on this for me? Thanks in advance!

Vapour~Girl

Apr 13, 2010
UK
i could be wrong with what you are actually asking here, but i think it is a drip charge thing- one of the lights on the charger goes on when it is charging the battery, but when the battery has full charge it goes off and the pcc doesnt drain. the other light on it will be red when you plug the unit in to charge (you can do this with a battery in there) and goes green when it is fully charged. i carry the cable thing around with me and have a cigarette lighter adaptor for in the car just in case the pcc needs it. (which it shouldnt but i panic a little about the idea of not being able to charge batteries!)

i love the pcc, but i would be happier if there was an extra hole there for already charged batteries so i dont have my "emergency" battery rattling around in my bag!

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
The battery like any battery will slowly loose its charge over time. Once the 510 battery drops low enough the charge circuit of the PCC will decide it should charge the 510 battery. Once it is full it'll stop. So yes over time the whole unit will end up discharged. But that's talking over weeks and weeks not days. If you charge your PCC on Monday and put a fully charged 510 battery in it then on Friday you'll find a fully charged 510 battery and an almost fully charged charged PCC. If you're talking about putting the battery in the PCC and taking it out 3 hours later I doubt the PCC battery would even get involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread