question about dilution proportions

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDinNM

Jun 9, 2014
capitan, nm usa
I buy my juice, but, I have a friend who asked me this question.

She started out with 36mg juices, she was a VERY heavy smoker at the time she began the process of quitting. As she moved along decreasing her nicotine, she bought juices with less and less nicotine. The other day she was going through some what she called 'old bottles of juice' and she found quite a few 30ml bottles of 36mg menthol juice that were full. She wondered if she could dilute these down to where she is now, she is at 12mg. The PG/VG ratio of these are 70PG/30VG.

So, what can she do to use these and still have good flavor? I am guessing that diluting these to 12mg would also decrease the flavor. My first thought was that she could get some VG and PG and mix them at that ratio she uses, then add 1 part of the 36mg to two parts of the VG/PG, but what about the flavor? Under the assumption that she would be diluting the flavor, could she then just get a bottle of menthol flavoring and add a drop until she reaches the flavor level she desires? Or, even just make a bottle of menthol flavoring from crystals and add that to increase her flavoring?

I have not looked into making juices, I guess I may be on the right track here, but thought I'd ask the 'experts' here to make sure I am in the right mindset of how this juice making stuff would work?

Any thoughts/help would be greatly appreciated, thanks for your responses in advance.

CD

amolson

Verified Member
Jun 9, 2014
Reno, NV, USA
Since she has to go so far and from what you say here, it's just a generic sort of menthol, I'd say do a batch of killer-juice menthol and use that to dilute it. Otherwise it's going to get a touch expensive.

Although from what I've heard, nicotine has about a 12 month shelf life in an opened container, so it may not be good anymore either.

Myself, I'd probably just toss it if it's old and move on. If it's not that old (less than 6 months) I'd use it the way I'd use 36 mg base for DIY. Figure out a flavor that would go well with menthol and use it that way.

amolson

Verified Member
Jun 9, 2014
Reno, NV, USA
Glad I could help. And that's a great way to start DIY. If it doesn't work, eh, well, not out a whole lot. I'd say check out the DIY forum and some YouTube. Basic flavoring like this isn't very difficult. There are also some calculators and whatnot so you can get an idea how much of what goes where.

It seems to be very similar to baking if either of you have done that. Just follow the instructions carefully and if you're blending with 0, it's not like you can really mess it up that badly unless you try mixing all different kinds of flavors together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread