Question about clones on Classified

Status
Not open for further replies.

SingedVapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2014
Valdosta, Georgia, United States
So I have read the Classified rules but I am still a bit confused. Let me put my situation and see if someone can give me some insight :) basically I am wanting to post for the first time on the classifieds and set up a trade. I want to trade off all of my collection of mods and attys, for (Edited). The only problem is my collection are mostly (Edited). I read the rules on clones but I am confused as to how this works. If someone could just explain a little further I would be grateful. Also I am wanting to throw in a few bottles of DIY juice and searched the rules and found nothing about that. All I'm doing is try to figure out an even deal and as I have no experience I don't wanna get in trouble or look like an idiot. Thank you :)

Last edited by a moderator:

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Perhaps this will help you :

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-guidelines-updated-often-without-notice.html
16. Counterfeit products will not be allowed to be sold on ECF, no matter if the item is described as such or not (see definitions below). Items being sold should never be misrepresented, for example listing a counterfeit product as the authentic product. Members found knowingly misrepresenting a cloned device as authentic WILL lose their Verified Member status and may risk being banned from ECF. Ads found listing a counterfeit product will be closed and member advised of violation.

Unacceptable
Counterfeit - Counterfeits will basically be an exact replica or a very similar copy of the original and not so much tied to the shape as it is more the markings. The shape would come into play if there are unique characteristics of the device shape. This can include grooves, cutouts, coloring, or trademarks in specific locations.

Acceptable
Clone - Can be similar in size, shape(unless shape is unique) and even design but will not contain the same markings or colors. As long as the device can be distinguished as different from the original, not just by the word clone, it will be considered a clone. Just by declaring a device a clone in it's title or description will not necessarily make it a clone. The clone device should be absent of all characteristics contained in the original, to include grooves, cutouts, coloring, shape if unique, and/or trademarks.

**As long as the device can be distinguished as different from the original, not just by the word clone, it will be considered a clone.

And j0ker's Blog :
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/member-classifieds-swaps/366198-classifieds-blog.html

and :
Classified Suggestions & Questions
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo.../272922-classified-suggestions-questions.html

(back reading from the end will be better to catch the recent info on this)

(I removed the items you listed in your post :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread