Status
Not open for further replies.

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
A request for information about the quality controls that Liberty Flights has in place to verify the nicotine levels of their e-liquids has been sent to Liberty Flights. As a consumer I need to be assured that adequate controls are in place to verify nicotine levels of the product I purchase. Example: If I order an e-liquid at 24mg. strength, that is what the e-liquid should be and batch testing should verify that level prior to shipping the e-liquid.

Having been a customer for over a year, I have enjoyed my purchases, but recent concerns about quality controls of a certain nicotine base not testing at the reported strength (not at Liberty Flights), I felt that more information was needed from the vendors that I purchase from. I want assurance that adequate quality controls are in place so I do not have to wonder if my e-liquid is 36 mg. when I purchased 24 mg.

Liberty Flights has several "lines" of e-liquids now from various manufacturers. There should be validation that the nicotine strength is varifiable and consistant.

At this point I have not received any reply concerning the request for information...hopefully a response will be forthcoming soon.

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
Thanks for the reply Abe....It is a manufacture issue but there should be safeguards IMO to assure that a vendor (such as LF ) is actually getting a quality product from the manufacturer. As they say "trust but verify". Does LF verify that ALL lines of juice sold in the USA have consistant nic levels?

Thanks

Last edited:

Abe

Unregistered Supplier
Jun 1, 2009
UK / US
www.liberty-flights.co.uk
I would be surprised if all ranges/strengths and sizes are tested. It might be something we look at it. The best place for it to be done is at source; you only test one nic base then. The DV stuff is bolted down pretty tight before it even gets to us, you will need to read about that. The original range I know less about (DV is not that many miles away from me). You have the right to ask these questions as a customer; I do think its the manufacturers who need to tighten up on this and it can't hurt for us all to work on this.

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
Exactly why I ask the questions Abe....Quality Controls need to be in place. By raising awareness about this issue, it brings it home to all of us that something may need to happend at the manufacturer and vendor level to assure tighter controls. I believe the "supply chain" has an obligation to the consumer to have proper controls and safeguards.

Thanks for you replies.

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Retired, I can't (and will not) speak for LF, Abe knows best, but I can share my own experience with DV eliquids. I posted it earlier in the Houston thread.

"My favorite brand of unflavored is Platinum Ice from Decadent Vapours. It's only 54 mg, which I like, and it's been very consistent, in my experience. It's clear, clean, never yellows or develops any off taste or smell, and is easy to work with. Besides, TW site provides very clear instructions (written and videos) on how to use, mix, and handle their products. I wish every vendor would do the same. Yes, Platinum Ice is more expensive than other brands and they don't sell 100 mg nic, and some people have had problems with TW as a vendor, but I trust Nick from DV and I have faith in his products."

I've been using Nick O'Teens Platinum Ice, his aqueous glycerine, PG, flavorings and pre-mixed ejuices for over a year now. They are all of the highest quality available, IMO.

That said, anybody can make a mistake... But if you do some research, ask questions, and are willing to pay a little extra for quality products, you can't go wrong. If you stick to ECF-approved suppliers you should be OK. Especially now! ;)

I haven't heard of any problems with Chinese eliquids either. I believe LF carries Hangsen ejuices in addition to the Decadent Vapours line. I've used DeKang and Hangsen eliquids in the past and they were all spot on, strengthwise. I know because I can't vape anything above 18 mg without getting a terrible headaches. :facepalm:

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
Katya, Nick put up a post in another thread I started and it was a very well written post...with that said, the only thing I am saying is that Proper Quality Controls are necessary to protect not only the vapers but also the "supply chain" companies. As vaping is still evolving, this is the next step in the process. The BE issue (whether valid or not) highlighted the need for verifiable controls and processes to protect all of us in vapoer land. I to have my favorite vendors (LF is one), and I want to have confidence that they have QC procedures. That is not too much to ask. It will become the norm very shortly, an IMO those vendors without QC may just fade away..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread