Puresmoker Penstyle, 901, & E-Cigar Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
More or less a newbie here, a brief history of my e-cig experience so far:

I had been a light/ultra-light smoker on and off for years, but over the last year started smoking semi heavily (10-15 analogs a day - heavy for me), and had the usual problems: wife hated (I mean HATED) me smoking, couldn't hardly walk 6 stairs without losing my breath, smelled like an ashtray, etc.

I didn't really want to quit, though. The thing is, I just like the ACT of smoking. The feel of the cigarette in your hand, rolling it around in your fingers, the first puff, flicking away the ...., etc. I just liked it too much to want to quit.

But I'm married. So I have to do what my wife says. So I tried cold turkey, which worked for about 6 hours, and then I started Googling.

The first site I stumbled upon was SmokingEverywhere.com. Looked like the perfect solution, a cigarette that's not a cigarette. So I plunked down $150 or so for a starter kit & a bunch of carts & got it in the mail a few days later.

My first impression: wow, this is just like smoking! It was awesome; no smell, no having to roll the window down in the car, etc. Just great.

Then the batteries died in 2 days (no kidding, I charged them for 12 hours each & still dead), & emailed the company to see about getting replacements. After several inquiries, they did finally respond & agreed to replace them, but wanted the dead ones back 1st, at my expense. Not a problem, but i'm pretty lazy, so I put them back in the box & put it on a shelf where it sat for 2 months or so & I just went back to analogs.

Did some more googling & found this site (great site by the way), discovered smoking everwhere is not the best cigarette type & waaay overpriced, & found puresmoker.com.

Quick shill on PureSmoker.com - they are the bomb! Great service, fast delivery, awesome price. Can't beat it.

So anyway, got my first e-cig from them (901) & some coffee flavored juice & an extra atomizer. Ever since I opened the box & took my first puff, it's been fantastic.

So, my mild OCD kicked in & I have since ordered the e-cigar and the penstyle, plus a variety of juices, extra batteries & atomizers, so I'm pretty much stocked (& am pretty sure I've put down a down payment for Steve at PureSmoker to go on a cruise).

Brief history over, now on to the reviews:

901: I purchased the matte black one. This thing is pretty awesome. Good vapor, awesome throat/lung hit. I also got the USB pass-thru battery which makes the 901 my main e-cig when I'm at home on the computer (which is most of the day). Cons: if you over-top the cart, you will get juice in your mouth, so you have to be careful of that, and you have to top off OFTEN, I think a cart for me lasts 2 cigarettes, so always have a bottle of juice on hand. Other than that, its great. I would give it a 8 out of 10

Penstyle: Just got this one yesterday, & like the 901, it's also pretty awesome. Just a little longer than the 901 & battery life seems to be a little longer as well. Throat/lung hit are about the same as the 901, maybe a tad less, but not enough to really knock it. The draw is far better than the 901, very much like a cigarette (or inhaling in general). Cons: the only one I've found so far is the same as the 901 in that you tend to get the "juice-mouth" if you over-top it or suck too hard, but it does not happen near as often or as bad as the 901. I'd give this one an 8 out of 10 as well.

E-cigar: Now this is e-smoking for me! PLUMES of vapor, super-super-super easy draw, long battery life, huge cart so topping off is not as needed as the 901 or Penstyle. The throat hit is a little less potent than the other 2 e-cigs, but is there nonetheless. The vapor is cooler than what you get on the 901 or Penstyle, which I attribute to the vapor having to go through so much more e-liquid (due to the size of the cart) before it hits your mouth. You can inhale just like a cigarette (which I do), or you can puff like a cigar (which I sometimes do) & the flavor & vapor volume are the same. Did I mention the PLUMES of vapor? Cons: 1. This thing is VERY sensitive to dropping (like I already broke one when it rolled off my end table in the living room), so durability is an issue, but as long as you don't drop it, it's fine. 2. No USB yet. If they ever make a USB adapter for this thing, I don't think I'll ever leave my recliner. So this baby gets a 9 out of 10.

So there's my review. I would recommend any of the 3 e-cigs, but if I had to pick one, it would be the e-cigar. I would DEFINITELY recommend getting your e-cig stuff from PureSmoker.com, if not for the service or the speed, definitely the price.

I'll do some reviews of the juices I've vaped later. I'm awaiting my pina colada juice from PureSmoker, should be here tomorrow, then I'll let you folks know what I think about all of them.

Hope this helps any newbies like me. Happy vaping.

UkUsa

ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2008
Smalltown Iowa, USA
But I'm married. So I have to do what my wife says.

Ain't that the truth :D.

I haven't done any business with puresmoker yet but will do in the future. i want to get one of the pass through usb thingys.
I'm waiting on my JC sampler pack to arrive, hopefully that'll be today.
Then next paycheck (wed) will be some spare atomizers and maybe a spare batt. Should be stocked for a while then.

I do have to try some of that cash cola tho, that stuuf has some good reviews.

I only have the 901 but so far it's been good. Totally agree on the carts lasting about 2 cigs before needing topping off.

I can certainly see me buying some other esmoking device in the near future too. I just want to see where i am with this in a month or two. That'll decide what my next one will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread