Pure VG Sour Taste?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikewill45

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2012
North Carolina
I also wanted to mention that after getting the sour taste I took of the 100% VG and mixed it with PG to bring it to about 50/50 which is my usual mix. I let it set for several days but still don't get the flavor I use to and it still has a slight sour taste to it. This is a new batch of nic juice and the first time I got it in a base of VG rather than PG. I get my nic juice from RTS and have always been more than satisfied before but I have to wonder if it's something about this batch.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I'd like to thank Danny and Wings for their input. I'll give that a shot. It was good to hear Wings that you've done this with 100% and got a slightly sweet taste. In fact I have some from my mix last week that is 100% VG with no flavoring that I'll try when I get home.

I have done this and still do this when I suffer from taste bud burn out and the result has always been a sweeter flavorless taste. Also don't be afraid to put a little on your finger and taste. It will have a very thick sweet syrupy taste.

Gonzi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Marietta, GA, USA
Yup, sounds like either a bad batch of your nic concentrate or some contaminated VG. I've never gotten any definable flavor from VG, and definetly never sour, just thick, smooth and very mildly sweet. If not vaporized right, like with slopy coils or low power, it sometimes can leave a residue feeling on the tong, but nothing sour, at least in my experience.

LoveVanilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2013
Texas
I bought some VG from amazon USP Kosher Food Grade and after 2 weeks it smells bad. Anyone notice theirs smelling bad?

Not what I'd want or expect. Personally I would quickly trash and buy from a known good source; our lungs are naturally and significantly less protective than our stomachs. You can buy some from Wally till your order arrives. Take care!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread