What does PG and VG taste like on its own?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicco

Feb 4, 2014
Malmo, Sweden
I want to mix my own liquids, but my taste buds are constantly changing (just a month without analogues). So, I educate myself one question at a time. Yes, there is quick tutorials, but since I'm thorough and time are at hand, let's do it bit by bit.

First question: In your personal experience:
What does PG and VG taste like on its own? (Even water have a taste)
Acidity, sour or more basic? (Few if any have neutral PH)
Does this differ between manufacturers?

This is important, since this is the base of the taste you want to build.
For example pure tobacco smoke is basic, but if you add paper it becomes sour, as in cigarettes.

Hope you find this is more interesting than boring! ;-)

we2rcool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Iowa, IA, USA
PG has a 'base' taste that many people (inluding us) describe as stale or musty. We can tell 'by taste' if there's even 20% PG in juices...and we don't like the way it affects the flavor at all.

To us, VG is basically flavorless, with just a wee-tiny-tinge of sweetness. It's very neutral and very pleasant to us.

we2rcool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Iowa, IA, USA
And...

Oh YES, the quality, taste and affect on the juices varies between suppliers...sometimes SUBSTANTIALLY. We switched from one source of USP VG to another USP VG - and we didn't taste/vape test it (or test it's affect on our juices). We then made 3000ml of various juices...and all had to be thrown out. The VG lessened the flavor and made the juices "flat".

So test everything and keep good notes...especially if you change sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread