Not open for further replies.

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
I listen to NPR almost daily. I like their style of reporting in that they don't just give you news sound bites but make an effort to go out and at least try to get all sides when they can. At the end of their stories, I always find myself even more interested in the topic than I ever thought I would be.

I know a lot of you will view them as having a liberal bias. I listen a lot and I can say I never really hear any such thing. I'm a moderate republican by the way.

Here is what I'm wondering. How can we, as a group of vapers, get our voice heard? I've emailed NPR with the idea to do a story on e-cigs and the vaping industry. I'd love to see people from say...CASAA interviewed, people maybe like PBusuardo who have a lot of technical knowledge, and maybe that doctor out in Boston could speak to the medical angle. Siegel I think is his name?

I'd also like to see a report done by one of the major news programs say like 60 minutes or 20/20 or Dateline. But only if it's fair to our side. I'd like someone to talk to the FDA and speak to these concerns.

Does anyone have an idea of how or what the process might be to get this started? I figure emailing is a small step but I'm wondering if there isn't some way to try and get CASAA or maybe a group of vendors to approach them.

Time is growing short on these regulations. Public opinion can sway things. What can be done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread