Provari battery issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

steven445

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2012
Ohio
The battery seems to move around a bit when I press the button but the circuit board looks fine.
I notice the light blinks like 3-5 times when inserting the battery.
The end cap squeaks when I put it on.
I hope maybe just an iso bath will solve all the problems.
I just got my other Provari back in the mail that got fixed so I don't want another one having problems lol.

Leithan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2013
Fort Irwin
Don't know about batt moving, for the first few days when mine was new I would get a feeling like something shifted, I think it was just the switch breaking in. It stopped after a few days and never started again. Mine always blinks a few times after putting the bat in. The cap will squeak, cleaning with Iso will make most of it go away, a tiny dab of vasolene will make it disappear entirely. I read some good articles on cold welding or galling of metals, basically the oxide layer gets worn off in the threads and then causes the friction making it squeak. Noalox and similar products are meant to clean and prevent this. I live in a very hot and dusty area so I just stick to vasolene

steven445

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2012
Ohio
Don't know about batt moving, for the first few days when mine was new I would get a feeling like something shifted, I think it was just the switch breaking in. It stopped after a few days and never started again. Mine always blinks a few times after putting the bat in. The cap will squeak, cleaning with Iso will make most of it go away, a tiny dab of vasolene will make it disappear entirely. I read some good articles on cold welding or galling of metals, basically the oxide layer gets worn off in the threads and then causes the friction making it squeak. Noalox and similar products are meant to clean and prevent this. I live in a very hot and dusty area so I just stick to vasolene

Thanks!
I need to try cleaning it with the iso.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread