ProVape/Provarinati collaboration - Help pick a new design!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
ProVape has decided to make a new endcap design or custom Provarinati wrap for the Provarinati to use and display. Some of the proceeds will go to a charity or cause that the Provarinati collectively pick.

Here's the thing, they want us collectively choose the design. Most of you know that the Provarinati as a group use several logos, catch phrases and symbols. They asked me to spearhead this effort, which will consist of me counting votes and listening to suggestions and providing the final approved artwork. Since this forum doesn't seem to have poll options for the thread, it's going to done in a little more informal manner, and I'll let the thread run until most of us (or even all of us) have posted in it.

Here are a few excerpts from the email David sent me:

I wanted to reach out and see if the group [Provarinati] was open to ProVape doing a special edition end cap...The other option is we could have a custom wrap created and let the group vote on the design...It's a little harder right now for us to put the design onto the tube, with all the projects in the works, but we wanted to try for a special cap...
David also wants to
...make a charitable donation on behalf of ProVarinati, a percentage of every sale goes to a charity that the group votes on. Wounded Warriors, CASAA or any charity really. We're not looking to get rich off the logo/name and it's more of a project for you all :)...
Why are they doing it?
...If ProVape can show our appreciation to the ProVarinati group with a special edition collector's cap and support a great charity, then that gives us a warm and fuzzy feeling.
We are honored to be your choice in vaporizer and we appreciate all of you.

My thoughts on this are as follows:
We, the Provarinati, have several designs that we use, and we can use as many or few as we want on the endcap. (With EddardinWinter's permission to use the Eye of Providence logo), I would like to see an endcap with the "Provarinati" logo wrapped around the bottom of the circle, with "Lumen Sees Totus" at the top, and the "Eye of Providence" logo in the center, with the vent hole coming through the pupil of the eye.

Other options include just having the word "Provarinati," or just having the Eye of Providence logo, or even a reference to the charity...
It's all up to you. I'm not a fan of wraps, as they are a bit less permanent (if far more colorful) than an end cap, but if you would rather have that instead, post your thoughts in this thread.

My role at the end of all this is to provide ProVape with high quality artwork that they can use for the design. I'm not getting anything out of this other than an opportunity to buy one of these end caps or wraps as well. This is a project for the Provarinati, by the Provarinati.

Please share your thoughts on the design and what charity/cause you think should be the recipient of the donation made on behalf of the Provarinati.

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Durham, North Carolina, United States
: O I think I just wet my pants........

1) a custom end cap would be cooler than a custom wrap if we could only choose one

2) I like simple designs, so I would personally lean towards smth that's more like a symbol/icon/alphabet, although having the "provarinati" would be sick too

3) kinda irrelevant, but can we not have the tear drops/dimple design around the edges of the end cap haha

Burping out loud using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Awesomeness!!!

I TOTALLY agree with your thoughts - I love the idea of a custom endcap with "the eye" - and while everyone's got an end cap, not even close to everyone wants to wrap their 'Vari...

SUPER concept, with benefit to everyone - buyer, seller, charity...

Like2_zps733d4d50.jpg

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
I'm not a fan of wraps either but they are fairly cheap to make and there are those that use them. I'd be more interested in the end cap. For sure I would like the Provarinati name on there and some logo, possibly the eye but which eye?

PoM - can you draw up some rough sketches and then we can pick them apart?

Fir3b1rd

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
- I'm gonna second the endcap!
I tried a wrap and after a few days it irritated me to the point of just taking it off. The edges were pealing and I'm sure I am not the only one that's had that issue with similar items.
- totally dig the idea of having the "eye of providence" symbol on it
- immediate thought on charities or causes to support would be either Wounded Warrior Project, CASAA or some other organization that has our back against the FDA.
-Wounded Warrior Project is trying to get all terrain track wheelchairs to our wounded and paralyzed veterans. Those chairs are in excess of 10 thousand dollars. Giving someone the ability to hunt, fish or go to the beach with their children hits home to me.
If they want an "apolitical" recipient a breast cancer research fund. So long as it is a reputable resource.

Last edited:

amanda211

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2013
BFE, USofA
I love the eye concept, with provarinati circling it. My charity is different though. I would vote for Wounded Warrior Project. The military is near and dear to my heart, and WWP is one of the best at making sure the money goes to the soldiers and not overhead. Shoot, let's do a cap for CASAA, with 'nati design, and a cap with kneeling soldier for WWP. Win win for everyone!

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
ProVape has decided to make a new endcap design or custom Provarinati wrap for the Provarinati to use and display. Some of the proceeds will go to a charity or cause that the Provarinati collectively pick.

Here's the thing, they want us collectively choose the design. Most of you know that the Provarinati as a group use several logos, catch phrases and symbols. They asked me to spearhead this effort, which will consist of me counting votes and listening to suggestions and providing the final approved artwork. Since this forum doesn't seem to have poll options for the thread, it's going to done in a little more informal manner, and I'll let the thread run until most of us (or even all of us) have posted in it.

David also wants to

Why are they doing it?

We, the Provarinati, have several designs that we use, and we can use as many or few as we want on the endcap. (With EddardinWinter's permission to use the Eye of Providence logo), I would like to see an endcap with the "Provarinati" logo wrapped around the bottom of the circle, with "Lumen Sees Totus" at the top, and the "Eye of Providence" logo in the center, with the vent hole coming through the pupil of the eye.

Other options include just having the word "Provarinati," or just having the Eye of Providence logo, or even a reference to the charity...
It's all up to you. I'm not a fan of wraps, as they are a bit less permanent (if far more colorful) than an end cap, but if you would rather have that instead, post your thoughts in this thread.

My role at the end of all this is to provide ProVape with high quality artwork that they can use for the design. I'm not getting anything out of this other than an opportunity to buy one of these end caps or wraps as well. This is a project for the Provarinati, by the Provarinati.

Please share your thoughts on the design and what charity/cause you think should be the recipient of the donation made on behalf of the Provarinati.

Cool! Cool! Re: The sigils, the Eye of Providence is the first one we used, which has a lot of detail and probably would be a pain to reproduce. The second one is the Eye of Horus (some people say Rah), which if we went with the sigil would be easier to work with.

RebelGolfer72

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Great seeing ProVape listening to our requests.
I think a ProVarinati special edition would rock! Red and black hybrid with the eye of Ra in the fire button...instead of ProVari engraved in the side, let it say ProVarinati And put "Lumen Sees Totus" on the end cap with the pyramid and eye over the vent hole

I know that was dreaming big, but the end cap/ wrap sounds like a more feasible solution

I'm preferential to the end cap. - The eye of ra/ pyramid in center, words "ProVarinati - "Lumen Sees Totus" written on end in a circle

Could the proceeds be split between both charities mentioned?

I'm in, though...count on me sending some $$ when it happens

KY_Rob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2013
Kentucky
I'm not crazy about the "official" before Provarinati. I do like Lumen Sees Totus but only if it fits.

I think lumen sees totus for sure, along with the "all seeing eye". The word Provarinati is implied, and in this particular sense more verb that noun. Gotta go for the symbology me thinks ;)

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN

David also wants to

Why are they doing it?

What an absolutely wonderful idea and collaboration. I would definitely be interested in the cap. Not so much a wrap. I would like to see Provarinati on the cap. I like the idea of the eye.

I will watch this thread to see what other ideas come up. There are a lot of creative Provarinati and I am interested in seeing the ideas of others. I will be fine with whatever charity the group feels is appropriate. Here is our chance to do something special.

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
I'm not a fan of wraps either but they are fairly cheap to make and there are those that use them. I'd be more interested in the end cap. For sure I would like the Provarinati name on there and some logo, possibly the eye but which eye?

PoM - can you draw up some rough sketches and then we can pick them apart?
This is a very rough sketch/mockup (ignore the lopsided "u"). I've already noticed some issues. The "Provarinati" and "lumen sees totus" need to switch places to maximize the space available. Otherwise, the eye will have to be smaller than it needs to be.
endcap_zps675d8295.gif

Reactions: schismz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread