Proud new eVic owner!! Any tips/advice for 1st time use??

Status
Not open for further replies.

M_DuBb716

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2013
Hey guys! As of about 2 hours ago, I am a proud new owner of the eVic kit!! Upgraded to the world of APV's/mods/V-Wattage this morning, after my (2nd) Vision Spinner broke last night.. I've been eying up the eVic for a few months now and figured now would be a good time to purchase.

I'm really enjoying it so far.. Seems like probably one of the 'smartest' batteries on the market, if not the most intelligent (hell, intelligent is in it's name!)
.. Got a real good deal on it too! I'm lucky to have a lot of 'vape-shops' in my area (I can name 8 of them off the top of my head within 10 miles) - the best price I saw for the kit was $104 online, and I planned to buy it there. But I found a local vape-store that is selling the eVic kit for the same price of $104, so i went and grabbed it!!

The only other customer that was in the store at the time also had an eVic and decided to give me a quick run-through of the shortcuts and such right after I bought it, which was excellent!!
:p
I'm really glad I bought the kit locally, didn't have to wait for it in the mail and got a quick tutorial!! The guy showed me how to easily switch between VW and VV (and MVW/MVV) without having to go to the menu, and how to change what's displayed on the screen easily by holding the dial left or right.

Now my question is - do you guys have any good tips or advice for a first time eVic user??
I haven't plugged it into my computer or charged it yet, and the battery was at about 44% life when I took it out of the box and 1st turned it on. I know it's best for any kind of battery to charge it up completely when using it for the first time.
... But would it be better if I drain it completely dead before charging it all the way (I'm assuming so)?? Or would it have been better if I charged it all the way up before ever using it at all, right out of the box??
... Should I install the software before I plug it into my computer to charge?
... How do I get it to save my preferences for wattage and such, for when I switch devices?
... Anything I should avoid doing with my eVic, or anything I should do while using it for the first time?

What really impresses me the most (haven't messed with this yet), is the ability to setup the eVic to rise or drop in wattage/volts after a couple seconds of taking a drag or whenever I want it too during my puff; maybe this ability will finally keep my ProTank coils from burning out so fast!! Excited to
:D
Only a few small issues with it, I have a few T2 clearos that I still like using, and it seems like when I screw them all the way down, the drag is impossibly tight unless I loosen it a bit (never had this issue with other batteries) << I started another thread on this problem though
.. For the most part, I'm very impressed so far! Thanks in advance to whoever replies!

M_DuBb716

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2013
^^If anybody doesn't want to read the novel I wrote above, this sums it up >>
I know most of this stuff I can probably find in the user's manual.. But maybe you guys can offer me some advice or a few tips that the manual doesn't mention? Or maybe you can save me some time from skimming through the manual? Thanks again
:)
EDIT: Also, I noticed my eVic is operating with Version 1.2, should I update to 1.3??

Last edited:

M_DuBb716

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2013
Thanks for the quick reply! So you think it would've been better for my battery if I put it on the charger right away before even using it, and charging it up all the way? For some reason I thought it was best if I drained whatever battery life it had out of the box (44%), all the way down to 0, and than charged it all the way up?

Joe51

Jan 22, 2013
arkansas
It's better not to drain batteries completely. I'm no expert, but the same is said for cell phones, laptops and e-cigs. It's my understanding that these lithium ion batts store better about half charged, which is why they typically have half a charge when you get one. Also, they tend to last longer if you never let them drop below 40% or so.

Definitely install MVR before plugging up to. See my proud new owner thread for an explanation of what I went through.

The profiles are set up through MVR and exported to the evic. It will hold them until you change them out. MVR lets you name them.

Good Luck!!

M_DuBb716

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2013
Thanks Joe!! I actually did read your thread before I posted this one, if you couldn't tell from the title lol.

I just found something out that's really bothering me though... Apparently I could have gotten my eVic kit for $40+ cheaper had I shopped around a bit more. Right after I purchased it, somebody mentioned in my other thread that the full kit is easy to find for like $70. I really thought I was getting the best deal at $104 (+tax, $115 total)!!
:facepalm:
And I'd rather have it in black instead of this aluminum tube. The guy from the store I got it from said the kits only came in this silver, but I'm finding out that he lied or was wrong - you can choose your color when you buy the kit online.

The price thing really bothers me, I try to find the best deals on everything and I failed miserably for something I'll use so much.. At least I didn't pay $150 for the kit like my friend did, from a different vape shop

look30

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
California
Thanks Joe!! I actually did read your thread before I posted this one, if you couldn't tell from the title lol.

I just found something out that's really bothering me though... Apparently I could have gotten my eVic kit for $40+ cheaper had I shopped around a bit more. Right after I purchased it, somebody mentioned in my other thread that the full kit is easy to find for like $70. I really thought I was getting the best deal at $104 (+tax, $115 total)!!
And I'd rather have it in black instead of this aluminum tube. The guy from the store I got it from said the kits only came in this silver, but I'm finding out that he lied or was wrong - you can choose your color when you buy the kit online.

The price thing really bothers me, I try to find the best deals on everything and I failed miserably for something I'll use so much.. At least I didn't pay $150 for the kit like my friend did, from a different vape shop

Exhalevapors has the head for $57 , the tube for 11.50, and you could get the Panasonic battery for ~10 from Fasttech for a 2 pack
So about $73.5 for a full functioning Evic in Black, SS or White

MsComptrtchr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Tucson, it's a dry heat
They are sort of right when they say the kit only comes in silver. The "official" kit comes with a brushed silver set of tubes and cap, the battery, control head AND the charging cable and adapter. You also get 2 spare USB port covers and the instruction manuals all in a nice presentation box. When you get a kit that has other tube colors, you are getting the spare parts pieced together in a "set" (not necessarily a kit.) So, yes, you can get it for a lot less than $104 (esp. when fasttech has it for around $75) but most likely, it won't be the complete kit. This probably won't matter to most people, but personally, I wanted the whole kit in case I want to re-sell it or trade it in the future. I'm just .... that way.

Also, when you buy local, you may pay more, but if something goes wrong, you can take it back to the store vs. having to mail it back (esp. to China if you get it from FT.) I got mine really cheap in a co-op, but I took the risk of not having a way to have it serviced or replaced if there was a problem.

If you want a different tube - make sure it comes with the matching end cap and top cap. Otherwise, it is just the tube. You could also get an extra tube set and get another head in a co-op (next time one comes up) and have TWO eVics.

Just ideas for thought - don't stress about having paid more - just enjoy your eVic!

jam*her*some

Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Redmond, WA, USA

I'm am going out to my B&M after work today to purchase my eVic, and I am going knowing full well that I could get it online for cheaper.... INSTANT GRATIFICATION! :p I'm willing to spend that extra money to not have to wait impatiently for something to ship over from Hong Kong... lol. So, don't feel too bad.

roffles18963

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Colorado Springs, CO, USA
Just a quick chip in for anyone wanting to get they evic from fasttech, be aware they only sell the old control heads with their kits (NOT THE 2 SCREW VERSION) so do be extra careful. I just got mine in today from Fasttech but it's no real biggie as long as you take super good care of it.

roffles18963

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Okay, I based that last post off of an e-mail I got from Jasmine from Fasttech, where she implicity said that the evics they sell do not come with the 2 screw control head. Well, I rushed home when I got out of class to open my vapemail (EVIC IS HERE, HUZZAH!) and well... Let the pic do the talking. :p

http://i41.tinypic.com/t9xonr.jpg

I would attach the

roffles18963

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Not gonna lie, I friggin love the eVic. I don't care what my Provari and Vamo friends say, I've used both of them. The eVic is really light, but hefty enough to get a good grip on it, no more dropping eGo twists because I don't notice them slip out of my hands! XD The watts thing, thought it was overhyped. But no. Oh no. Set to preferred wattage (nice because it shows what Voltage it shoots through the tank to get said watts) and it makes swapping tanks hassle free. Man oh man. So glad I got it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread