Proud new evic owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe51

Jan 22, 2013
arkansas
Just opened the box about 2 hours ago.

Had a little scare while updating firmware. A data transfer error occurred... had to pull the battery to stop the control unit from reading charging/uploading. Then it just wouldn't come back on. After spending an hour trying to do a factory reset (massive failure) I just swapped the usb plug to other side of my laptop. Drivers re-installed and the MVR software found the device and updated it. Wooo Hooo back in business. LMAO.

What I learned:

install MVR before plugging evic into computer. Seems like I should have figured that anyway, but I thought I would charge it while getting the software installed and ready. BAD IDEA!! I think the cause of the problem was driver issues. I tried updating drivers before swapping usb's, but I think MVR couldn't do what it needed because my PC called the evic one thing before MVR could tell it what it really is. I'm sure that statement shows how tech savy I am. LOL.

set MVR properties to administrator. The error may have been caused by a lack of permission. I don't think so because It appeared that MVR was running with privileges, but my research says different.

Take firmware updates seriously. Unless there's something you want in the update, it's not worth the chance of failure. Connection and communication issues during a firmware update are bad news.

Even after all that, I'm loving this thing. I set up a profile to start my vape at 10W drop down to 8 after a couple seconds, drop it to 7W after 3 seconds and anything after 4 seconds is at 5W. No more torching my wicks because I have a nicotine craving. :) I can't wait to get a baseline on my vaping habit. I'm one of the few who expects to be mostly quit one day, and the data provided through MVR mixed with alarms at certain puff limits will facilitate a slow steady drop in usage with minimal effort. All around brilliance in design.

joyetech is ahead the game once again!!

Any advice on how to tote this beat around? Pockets have not been good to my other joyetech products and they were even worse to my SLB mega. GotVapes did provide the one with screws in the head, luckily, since I didn't ask. My lanyards are made for ego style, so I'm not sure how I'm going to carry it around tomorrow.

I'm already sure I'm going for the shorty battery. Just have to let the wife get over the price tag first. You guys should have seen her today. She was livid I dropped 100 bones and broke it in the first half hour. :ohmy:

Joe51

Jan 22, 2013
arkansas
I carried mine in pocket today without issue. Just day one, though. I may try to find the case for my mini mag light today. I'm thinking cut a slit for belt loop. I saw another thread where people were using flash light holsters.

I was glad to see the temp outside didn't have as much effect as I thought it would. It gets hotter charging than it does while I'm carrying it around in 95° weather.

First day went well.

Is there anyway to delineate vapes by hour in the day? Asking too much, now?

xjonquilx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2013
FL
MadVapes has a Zmax lanyard that fits the Evic perfectly thanks to the notch at the top that makes room for the button on the Evic. I've already dropped it probably about 5 times without a hint of damage to either my Evic or the pocket the lanyard sports to hold it. Plus it looks pretty handsome hanging around my neck. :)

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
I went from a ego c, to this thing I really like its battery size, it lasts me a long time compared to those. Plus I still haven't used all its features yet, if I could just get it to vape caffeine, & make a phone call I will be happy. :)

I just ordered an eVic today. It should be here on Wednesday, as it's only being shipped from a location 1/2 an hour away from me. I can't wait for it to arrive!

Amethyst_Star

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2011
Southern Wisconsin
www.facebook.com
I went from a ego c, to this thing I really like its battery size, it lasts me a long time compared to those. Plus I still haven't used all its features yet, if I could just get it to vape caffeine, & make a phone call I will be happy. :)

I don't know where I read it, but supposedly there is/was an eLiquid, much like an energy drink, that had caffeine in it. If that is true, then all you would need for it to do is make that phone call for you! Me, I would like to see a texting option on the eVic! :laugh:

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
One of my co-works saw my evic and said he was going to start calling me bones, (from star trek) the next day I saw someone has a profile pic of him holding a devise that looks a lot like the evic. I am to late to use that pic, I guess. I think I read some where about diyers extracting coffie and the said the caffeine was minimal. I think I did see another juice that was that monster drink, but I didn't check it out.
There's always coffee

Amethyst_Star

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2011
Southern Wisconsin
www.facebook.com
One of my co-works saw my evic and said he was going to start calling me bones, (from star trek) the next day I saw someone has a profile pic of him holding a devise that looks a lot like the evic. I am to late to use that pic, I guess. I think I read some where about diyers extracting coffie and the said the caffeine was minimal. I think I did see another juice that was that monster drink, but I didn't check it out.
There's always coffee

That's funny about the pic! Hmm...maybe if the eVic could send a signal to your coffee maker to brew some coffee?

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
I just did that search too, and I didn't find a pic like the other guys profile pic, but some very simular, I wonder if he photo shopped it. I swear the one in his pic, it looks just like an evic, if he did shop it, I would have made a cloud of vaper coming out of his mouth. I think its the thing he gave injections with, based on the pics i just looked at.
Sorry about going off the subject, I hope you like you evic!

Haha! I just looked him up on Google and remember that device. He was the doctor and I think he used it to scan patients...lol.

Amethyst_Star

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2011
Southern Wisconsin
www.facebook.com
That's cool, Kas! Sorry to the OP for high-jacking your thread! My eVic should be here tomorrow! :)

I just did that search too, and I didn't find a pic like the other guys profile pic, but some very simular, I wonder if he photo shopped it. I swear the one in his pic, it looks just like an evic, if he did shop it, I would have made a cloud of vaper coming out of his mouth. I think its the thing he gave injections with, based on the pics i just looked at.
Sorry about going off the subject, I hope you like you evic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread