Protected 18650 Battery, 3000 mah....... holy wow.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

slumdog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2010
South Florida & NYC The Village

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
That's a good price on those Ultrafires. I bought mine from madvapes and paid quite a bit more. Don't expect to get 12 days out of them though. I vape an average amount and I can go around 24 hours on a single cell before vapor production falls off to the point where I want to recharge. The only thing about those batt's is that they're low drain, not high drain. There's a big difference. The low drain type don't discharge as fast as the high drain so they don't produce vapor as quickly. You need to take longer drags.

Reactions: peppergirl

slumdog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2010
That's a good price on those Ultrafires. I bought mine from madvapes and paid quite a bit more. Don't expect to get 12 days out of them though. I vape an average amount and I can go around 24 hours on a single cell before vapor production falls off to the point where I want to recharge. The only thing about those batt's is that they're low drain, not high drain. There's a big difference. The low drain type don't discharge as fast as the high drain so they don't produce vapor as quickly. You need to take longer drags.

which is exactly what im used too....i get a day and 3/4 sometimes 2 days on a single 900mAh 18350 so i would think a 3000mAh would give me at least 3 days,3x4=12, is there someting im doing wrong with my math, a little trick someone can show me, or does this sound right to everyone?

Last edited:

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
When a battery is fully charged it will put out around 4.2v. As you drain it the voltage drops. When it gets down to around 3.8v there's a noticeable difference in vapor production, at least in my experience. So I recharge it when I'm not happy with the performance anymore. I could keep vaping on it longer, I just prefer not to. I'd rather put in a freshly charged batt at that point. I've gone 2 days on a single batt, but by the end vapor was quite weak. If you're getting up to 2 days on a 900mah batt you don't vape as much as I do. When I was using 900mah Mega eGo's I'd get 12 to 14 hours out of it before it started flashing at me. Remember also, just because it says 3000mah doesn't mean you'll be able to use all the stored energy. There's a circuit in there that won't allow you to draw it down past a certain voltage so there's unused charge left in them.

slumdog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2010
If you're getting up to 2 days on a 900mah batt you don't vape as much as I do.
Ya think? i knew this as soon as i saw your first post..i get a little over a day,like a day and morning vape from a stock 650mAh ego batt, and when i made the post i was assuming, maybe too much for some, that everyone could do their own math as i have done...................

Last edited:

slumdog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2010
4 X 750 = 3000. Just sayin'.

Iwas just giving myself a day, for like cskent said, when the batt gets weak, i dont like to vape it when its weak either....and i didn't mean 12 days on 1 batt i ment 4 batts fully charged = 12 days

Last edited:

bushmaster

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
Colville, WA
Its a moot point, probably. I've gone 2 days vaping at 3.7v with the 3000 mah Ultrafires just as a test, but there's no advantage to pushing it if you have extras. Better for your batteries to be recharged at the end of the day I'm told. I'm not a real heavy vaper at work--probably vape 4 or 5 carts during a 12-hour day. When I come home at night, I'll typically find my Ultrafires will test at about 4.0 v give or take a little. So they have plenty of juice in them for another day, maybe 2, but no reason to find out. They're not ni-cads and shouldn't be treated as such.

undertheradar

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2010
AZ
Only AW high drain batteries belong in the Provari, as stated by Provape. I have 3 AW 18650s purchased from Provape. When I got the unit, I ordered a second Provari as a backup for the first one! That's how good they are...now nothing less will do. I ordered 7 more 18650s also, since I am a heavy vaper and I like 4.0 - 5.0 volts. These two factors make me change the battery about every four hours or so, when the charge in the battery is down to reading 3.7 volts on the built-in battery tester. I assume that the batteries last longer (more recharges) if not fully discharged each time, and I base this assumption on absolutely nothing.:2cool:

slumdog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2010
Its a moot point, probably. I've gone 2 days vaping at 3.7v with the 3000 mah Ultrafires just as a test, but there's no advantage to pushing it if you have extras. Better for your batteries to be recharged at the end of the day I'm told. I'm not a real heavy vaper at work--probably vape 4 or 5 carts during a 12-hour day. When I come home at night, I'll typically find my Ultrafires will test at about 4.0 v give or take a little. So they have plenty of juice in them for another day, maybe 2, but no reason to find out. They're not ni-cads and shouldn't be treated as such.

correct me if I'm wrong but don't these batts, like all rechargeable batts, have a limited # of charges....So in all actuality charging the batt more often would shorten the life considerably....i dont use them till there dead just untill a noticable difference.....longer use, less charges, longer life = advantage..........to me at least..........

slumdog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2010
Only AW high drain batteries belong in the Provari, as stated by Provape. I have 3 AW 18650s purchased from Provape. When I got the unit, I ordered a second Provari as a backup for the first one! That's how good they are...now nothing less will do. I ordered 7 more 18650s also, since I am a heavy vaper and I like 4.0 - 5.0 volts. These two factors make me change the battery about every four hours or so, when the charge in the battery is down to reading 3.7 volts on the built-in battery tester. I assume that the batteries last longer (more recharges) if not fully discharged each time, and I base this assumption on absolutely nothing.:2cool:
these batts are protected, and with a protection circut on them I don't believe they will fully discharge before the circut cuts power to the batt.....

Java_Az

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2010
Colorado
Provari takes 18490's so it is going to hard to fit a 18650 in it without a sledge hammer. Also dont fool yourself those 3000 mah batteries are way over rated. You will never get 3000 mah out of them. Most of the batteries coming out of china are 1/4 to 1/3 over rated on the mah. These type of li ions have a less then 500 charges rating. Meaning in the best case you can get close to that many charges.

Papa Lazarou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2008
UK
This guy on eBay (UK seller) seems very honest about the batteries he sells. His listing here for a 4000mah Ultrafire battery includes test data for the 3000mah Ultrafires at 1A (doesn't seem to have the 3000's in at the moment) and if you have a look you will see they are not very impressive.

2x Ultrafire 4000mAh 18650 3.7v batteries + case on eBay (end time 28-Mar-11 17:20:14 BST)

I like his honesty "Covered by my usual guarantee - if you don't like it, send it straight back. Or save time and buy a better quality battery in the first place."

In the cheap battery line from what I can see the lower capacity ones are actually higher capacity. The Trustfire 2400mah "flame" style and others are higher capacity than the 3000/3600 mah Ultrafires.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread