Status
Not open for further replies.

thewomenfolk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2009
Colorado John 3:16
I'm posting this thread because I so regret hurting my dogs last week by using Sergeant's Sentry-Pro Flea/tick drops on them. Read the link below to see close to 1000 testimonials so far of folks just like me, who at this time of year, just wanted to prevent potential flea problems.

Problems with SentryPro XFC flea and tick medication | Gibberish Is My Native Language

Some of the pets died and many of their owners incurred great expense in medical and emergency care. If you've used this product very recently and your dog or cat shows any of the symptoms given on the link above (which will likely be very soon after application), give them a bath, merely washing off the med is not enough. Bathe them with a good de-greasing soap like Dawn. I used baby shampoo and it worked well. Call your vet if your pet's symptoms are moderate to severe. The link above includes various actions being taken to stop the distribution of this stuff.

My two Pugs recovered after several days but I think that's because I found help quickly on the Net and bathed them immediately.

I bought that stuff for my dog last year, and within an hour of putting in on her she was tweaking out like she just took a large dose of drugs and didn't know what to do with herself. I rushed her to the vet and they cleaned her and told me not to ever use that stuff on her again. Had me so worried after I applied it I felt like a horrible person. That stuff should be removed from shelves.

AJMoore

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2009
Here and back
I have a question re: fleas and ticks that maybe someone can help with. Well, I don't need help, there aren't any fleas or ticks and I'm baffled. I live in a very rural area, deer, raccoons, fox etc. I have a cat that can go in and out as she pleases. I've had her 14 months now and she has never had a flea or tick. This is just weird. She isn't on anything, no meds. People all over the county have problems but not me.

There aren't any other dogs or cats in the immediate vicinity, none that she's around anyway. I just don't get it.

I have a question re: fleas and ticks that maybe someone can help with. Well, I don't need help, there aren't any fleas or ticks and I'm baffled. I live in a very rural area, deer, raccoons, fox etc. I have a cat that can go in and out as she pleases. I've had her 14 months now and she has never had a flea or tick. This is just weird. She isn't on anything, no meds. People all over the county have problems but not me.

There aren't any other dogs or cats in the immediate vicinity, none that she's around anyway. I just don't get it.

If it becomes too much of a problem PM me with your address and I'll send ya some. I can even throw in some ticks for free :)

bestthingever

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2010
Birmingham, AL

Wow, that is bizarre, and I can't think of even one explanation. Maybe someone else can...

AJMoore

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2009
Here and back
First off, Hurricane Eric, thanks for the offer! But no thanks.

Applejack, that's good to hear. Maybe she is just really healthy, we do take special care and a very good diet. I hope we continue without any this summer.

Thanks to you for having a rescue dog, I have a rescue cat and it's the only way to go. They and we are lucky animals.

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
Is it possible that she just naturally repels them? She rolls in the dirt like crazy, funny really, and she has a favorite spot she rolls in, an ant pile! She goes bananas when rolling in the ant pile, kinda orgasmic (?!?!).

AJ, do you happen to have a number of evergreens in your area? Fleas and ticks absolutely detest them, especially cedar. I know people that will collect the pine needles other people are getting rid of to scatter in their yard for bug control.

bestthingever

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2010
Birmingham, AL
Some pets that are real healthy won't get fleas and ticks.
I live in a rural area in S. Fl. I've had a rescue dog for 1 1/2 yrs and have used no flea prevention...no fleas. Also, Frontline does not have to be used every month. Maybe only 3-4 times a year.

I lived in rural SW Florida for about 10 years; loved it there, but still had flea problems. Frontline did not work for me, although Frontline Plus was an improvement. I get the best results from Advantage.

Tuesday

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
USA
I'm posting this thread because I so regret hurting my dogs last week by using Sergeant's Sentry-Pro Flea/tick drops on them. Read the link below to see close to 1000 testimonials so far of folks just like me, who at this time of year, just wanted to prevent potential flea problems.

Problems with SentryPro XFC flea and tick medication | Gibberish Is My Native Language

Some of the pets died and many of their owners incurred great expense in medical and emergency care. If you've used this product very recently and your dog or cat shows any of the symptoms given on the link above (which will likely be very soon after application), give them a bath, merely washing off the med is not enough. Bathe them with a good de-greasing soap like Dawn. I used baby shampoo and it worked well. Call your vet if your pet's symptoms are moderate to severe. The link above includes various actions being taken to stop the distribution of this stuff.

My two Pugs recovered after several days but I think that's because I found help quickly on the Net and bathed them immediately.

Thank-you for your post. My 7 yr old min-pin has not had problems with flea's or ticks so far but just in case he ever has problems I will know NEVER to purchase this product. I cannot believe a product like this is sold in any store and should be reported to whatever organizations that handle harmful products for pets ASAP. Posts like this help to keep or pets safe. Thank-you.

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
I've been using Frontline for yrs. with no problems. I'll have to check it out. It's the only thing I found that works though. Oh sorry JJ2 I read your post wrong. One of these days I might get my vision back in both eyes.

Hey don't be sorry, I love the company

Is it possible that she just naturally repels them? She rolls in the dirt like crazy, funny really, and she has a favorite spot she rolls in, an ant pile! She goes bananas when rolling in the ant pile, kinda orgasmic (?!?!).

Birds actually put ants on themselves because they eat flea and ticks.:)

thewomenfolk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2009
Colorado John 3:16
Tuesday, I'm glad you won't be giving any of your money to Sentry Pro to poison your pets. I'm hoping this thread will prevent a lot of animals and their owners from a great deal of suffering.

If you read thru the link given in the first post you'll see that there are some class-action lawsuits being organized right now. Hooray! :)

UntamedRose

PV Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
Homeish now
Permethrin is the problem it's Not just that one brand name, the majority of flea and tick things have that as it's main active ingredient.

It was originally developed for chemical warfare during ww2 it attacks the nervous system...lets put it on our pets!

I lost a cat once, she cuddled with the dog after he was treated, and well not much the vet could do...never again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread