Status
Not open for further replies.

VapnJeff

Unregistered Supplier
Nov 8, 2010
Austin, TX
vaprz.com
Great Post BGHouse.....
One thing you might want to add is headaches with OD (over dosing) on nicotine. One time I tried a new eJuice from a new vendor. It tasted great but after about 5 minutes of vaping it I would get a huge ... headache. At first I thought it was me and I wasn't going to be able to continue vaping. I went back to an older bottle I had some leftover eJuice in and the problem disappeared. Periodically I would try the new eJuice again and wammo.... Massive Headache. I can't remember how I finally put two and two together but at some point it finally dawned on me..... TOO MUCH NICOTINE in my system. I went back to the stuff that had been giving me a headache and cut it in half with some VG. No more headaches. I think one of the other reasons this dawned on me was I was having a super stressful day one time.... and had smoked a lot of cigs. Had a couple gin and tonics with a friend (I don't drink very often and never have any issues with my Tanquery) Anyway.... I looked at an empty pack of cigarettes with the same headache hitting me once again. And thought... duh... maybe I'm OD-ing on the nicotine. Which is apparently what it was. So you might add that to your post for future readers.

Thanks,
Jeffrey

Last edited:

Mister

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2009
Nanaimo BC Canada
Massive Headache. I can't remember how I finally put two and two together but at some point it finally dawned on me..... TOO MUCH NICOTINE in my system.
Both too much nicotine and too little nicotine can cause headaches. So it isn't a reliable way to know whether you are over or under dosing. I'm glad you worked it out by trial and error! For a list of symptoms which are more reliable in assessing over or under dose see my article at Understanding Your Symptoms While Adjusting To Vaping : General E-Cig Discussion - International Vapers Club

Rachus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Indiana, USA
Great post bghouse, newpers (I think I made that up) like me are still reading this FYI.

I started vaping 28 hours ago, and after reading this post, consider myself very fortunate, but have been wondering something since I started. A little analogue background: 20 year smoker, mainly Marlb0r0 for about 15 years, then Winston for the last 5. I switched to Winston when they started their "No bull" campaign, which essentially is zero, equally addictive additives the tobacco companies got called out on at the time. So my thought process is this: perhaps some of the symptoms described by the subscribers here are actually withdrawl symptoms of those additives, as I've not had any of these symptoms. 24+ hours ago, I had in mind that I'd vape while on the clock at work, then analogue on breaks...but I didn't analogue at all; didn't need to. I hadn't decided to quit analogues yesterday -- I figured I wouldn't be able to, I just did (or at least have so far). So my post is getting TL;DR so I'll stop here. Food for thought perhaps to some.

Sard

Dec 5, 2010
Mpls, MN
Well, I have been vaping for roughly 2 months, last 2 weeks I have developed shoulder/arm/wrist/finger pain. Went to the doctor a few days ago to have whatever blood tests done to see if they can figure it out. I wont get the results for a few more days. I had to put away the ecigs to see if that could be the cause. I will let you know what happens. Sadly I went and bought a pack of analogs this morning and have been smoking them in the meantime. I am really upset that I have done this, but I have to figure out this pain thing first, by maybe seeing if it clears up or the doc see's something in the results. If it clears up, I will again use the ecig and try to find out if it is a juice in my collection or whatever. Again, this really sucks, but the pain makes my job suck, and that dosnt need any more help.

Concerned

Moved On
Feb 14, 2011
Lancashire
  • Deleted by AngusATAT

MedsKid

Dec 11, 2010
Welland, Ontario
My vaping symptoms :
Tendency to mmmMMMMmmmMMM while eating
Licking chips and throwing out the chip (love flavours now lol)
Lung capacity slowly coming back
Spending too much money on Febreeze cuz I live with smokers
Being able to breathe out of my nose again
Being able to smell
Best of all, the pride I feel for being able to kick a 16 year old habit while being surrounded by smokers

I experienced a mild sore throat in the first week of vaping, but it soon dissipated.
It's been six months, now, and I'm doing fine.
I've worked down from 24/mg/ml juice to only 6mg/ml, and soon hope to even give up vaping and be completely nicotine free.
Giving up tobacco and picking up the ecig may very well be the best thing I've done for myself.
I have gained a bit of weight, but, that's as likely from the fact that we had a brutal winter and I stayed indoors and got less exercise than usual.

ls1chris

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
kentucky
I have been vaping for a little over a month now and just now seem to be getting some symptom's And they all seem to hit at one time Right now i have

Bleeding gums when i floss
Acne breakout
Mouth ulcer on the inside of my lip

i just found it weird it took over a month for me to show any symptoms i guess it took that long for tobacco to get out of my system.I really hope these go away as i can not stand the ulcers as i use to have them when i was younger they drive me crazy along with the sore gums's.Also i have not had a analog since i started vaping and that was the 14th or march

Mudder

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2010
Canada
For anyone suffering really badly from acid reflux, to the point where you need to use more than the recommended dose of zantac or something similar, try taking some digestive enzymes and/or a complete probiotic supplement, to help bring your good gut flora back up to where it should be. Smoking is very hard on your good gut flora, as well as being on antibiotics. It has helped me more than I can say.

rainkeltoia

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2011
Maine
Thank you for this link, many women in my family suffer from hyothyroidism so I'm definitely going to check it -- I've luckily haven't had any signs of it but I didn't know there was a link with smoking, and the women living in my family that have it all smoked, I'm not sure if they had it before quitting however. Definitely going to give my doc a call and get it checked!
I do have a question however in regards to women specifically -- is there anything that is in analogs that suppresses your blood flow in regards to menses that, since we aren't getting it once we stop them, would make things more intense? Sorry for the weird wording, not sure how to put it out there without being too graphic or grossing out the boys lol

Last edited:

SandySu

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2011
Trumansburg, NY
Debated whether to start a new thread with this, but to be cautious I'll post here.

So, a bit of personal info--I was on Ritalin through high school and sporadically through college for ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder), the kind without the hyperactivity. I smoked a bit starting at the age of 19, and became a serious (10-20 per day, get nic fits without it) smoker around the time I went into graduate school. Haven't had Ritalin in years, and looking back, I think I have been self-medicating with nicotine for concentration. Anybody else in this situation?

So, I started e-smoking about 3 weeks ago, and have reduced my analog intake quite a bit, but I find that there is a definite difference between the burst of focus I feel with a late-night studying analog cigarette and the sort of blurry, unfocused buzz I get off of vaping. I've been zoning out at my desk and having trouble concentrating--exactly the opposite of the beneficial effects nicotine's supposed to have for concentration. I never quite got up to a pack a day, and have been vaping 11mg stuff--nonetheless, I think it's more nic than my body's used to.

I think I'm going to switch to 6mg. Hopefully I won't get all irritable.

Anybody had similar experiences?

I just smoked e-cigs for the first time today. When the package arrived, of course I had to try the 3 flavors of medium-nicotine disposables I had ordered to see if I like e-cigs. I didn't think I vaped all that much. Over a couple of hours, I'd go take a few puffs, then go do something else. Finally, I went out grocery shopping. And then I got the weirdest feeling -- I was sort of jittery yet also sort of sleepy. A very weird, unusual feeling. And I had a mild headache, too. From research I did here this evening, I conclude I OD'd on nicotine. Who would have thought e-cigs would be so strong? Especially when they taste so mild. So, yes, I had similar symptoms just today. My solution was to come home and take a nap, then, when I woke, to go back to smoking my analogs for the rest of the evening. The symptoms are all gone now. I'm going to have to be a lot more careful with the e-cigs, and when I order one for real (these were just to give it a try), I know to get low nicotine, not medium.

Judasburrito, I think your symptoms sound a lot like what I felt today. I bet you are routinely ODing on nicotine. Try a lower level and see if that helps. That's what I plan to do.

This has been a fascinating thread, especially Satire's extensive research on the possible dangers of ingredients. Thanks, everyone for your contributions.

SandySu

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2011
Trumansburg, NY
This will pass when you get acclimated. In my case I leveled off at 11mg and 12mg (depending on the brand) and have been here for 2 years, symptom free and healthy as a horse. I run 20-30 miles a week (even 40!) and feel great.

I'm leery of getting acclimated to a higher dose of nicotine. No point in making things worse. Does anyone know how many puffs on a medium-nicotine e-cig would equal a whole analog? This morning, I've decided 3 puffs would be safe, and it seems to work, though maybe this is too conservative.

yagottawanna

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2011
USA
I dove in head first - last Thurs. afternoon and all day Friday and suffered some very unpleasant side effects. You can find them in my thread on the "Newbies" section. Currently - until I get some flavors tomorrow (as opposed to the "nothingness" I'm getting now) - I am still switching back and forth between vaping and smoking. (However, my actual smoking has decreased quite dramatically. Aside from the 2 cigs I need with my cup of coffee in the morning to wake up, any other cigs throughout the day are a few puffs, cut off the end; relight, few puffs, cut off the end; relight, few puffs, cut off the end. So aside from the morning, I'm not smoking an entire cigarette in one sitting - like I used to. For me, I'm satisfied with that as a good start. :)

The plus for me is that I'm not as tired during the day - and I think it's because I'm getting more oxygen than I was when I was strictly smoking regular cigs. Very, very happy about that! :)

I have a question though - that I know someone with an "attitude" is going to ask me either today or tomorrow. How long has vaping been around? And - didn't I see a list of foods, beverages, and medications somewhere that have nicotine in them? I may have to print that out and shove it down his throat. Yes - I'm an old lady, but I can be pretty fiesty if need be.;) I can hear the "lecture" already - complete with the condescending looks and military stance - "Well you're still ingesting nicotine, so you might as well be smoking."

Smack. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread