Protank II - Removable drip tip - why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bramble

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2014
Utah
So I decided I needed a couple of glassomizers in order not to worry about damaged tanks from certain eJuices. I went with the Protank II and Mini Protank II. I haven't received them yet but I'm kind of excited to get them and already have a stupid question.

Both of them come with "removable drip tips."

Is this a cool thing? Why? What do you do with them?

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Welcome :) Yes, chipped front teeth waiting to happen!

No, for dripping you need a dripping atomizer, not a clearo or tank type. For dripping, you'd need a different type topper. Then get used to dripping in a few drops, vaping 4 or 5 times, and adding some more. Lot's of vapers like it that way, and it's certainly a great way to try different flavors, as they're easy to clean. I just have a lot of toppers, each with it's own flavor. I like the convenience of having a full tank.

Bramble

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2014
Utah
Welcome :) Yes, chipped front teeth waiting to happen!

No, for dripping you need a dripping atomizer, not a clearo or tank type. For dripping, you'd need a different type topper. Then get used to dripping in a few drops, vaping 4 or 5 times, and adding some more. Lot's of vapers like it that way, and it's certainly a great way to try different flavors, as they're easy to clean. I just have a lot of toppers, each with it's own flavor. I like the convenience of having a full tank.

Thank you again! Yes I could see how having a drip atomizer would be nice so you can sample a flavor before buying it. Though, like you - I keep lots of tanks loaded with flavors :) It would be nice to see if I like something before committing to a whole bottle though. I'll have to look into those when I get my new tanks!

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
Drip tips come in a plethora of shapes and colors. I've found a particular style I like and it's convenient for me to color code my different flavors. Then there's the whole dental accident waiting to happen while driving thing you noticed. The material; steel, aluminum, ceramic, plastic, wood, etc change the nature of the vapor so you can tailor your vape by changing materials.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

vaperature

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Chicago
The drip tip makes a huge difference. You'll get a different vape from a drip tip with a wide hole than you will with one with an itty bitty hole, and the material of the drip tip actually does affect the taste. Also, you'll get a much cooler vape with a metal drip tip than you will with a plastic or acrylic drip tip. You might think that little inch doesn't matter but it does; if the vapor has to pass through a cold metal drip tip, it's going to cool off substantially.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Thank you again! Yes I could see how having a drip atomizer would be nice so you can sample a flavor before buying it. Though, like you - I keep lots of tanks loaded with flavors :) It would be nice to see if I like something before committing to a whole bottle though. I'll have to look into those when I get my new tanks!

Well, you still have to buy the bottle, but you can get "sample packs" from some vendors.

Best way to try out flavors is at a local B&M. Most have "vape bars", where you can taste test their wares. And they're all set up, you don't need anything. While store prices are probably more than online, it's a good way to narrow the field. Some stores are WAY out of line, some aren't too bad on the price.

Bramble

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2014
Utah
Well, you still have to buy the bottle, but you can get "sample packs" from some vendors.

Best way to try out flavors is at a local B&M. Most have "vape bars", where you can taste test their wares. And they're all set up, you don't need anything. While store prices are probably more than online, it's a good way to narrow the field. Some stores are WAY out of line, some aren't too bad on the price.

Yes a couple of our local shops offer samples, and are set up with the "rubbers" on them so you can try them but eh... I rather try them using my own PV ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread