Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
The only pyrex I have currently is an ARO, which I love, but I'd also like one with a smaller tank, and I'm seriously considering the Protank II Mini; I wondered what the general opinions of this tank are... It costs a little more than the ARO, but maybe it's worth it? I like that you can replace pretty much all the parts of it, and that it has the removable drip tip, unlike the ARO. I've looked about 4 pgs back, but don't see anything much about Protank II mini, so I'd really welcome any comments about it. I have a Kanger T3S, actually 2 of them, and I like them very much, which is why I looked at Kanger glass tanks.

Thx!
Andria

JaxMike

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2014
Jacksonville FL
I just received 2 pt II minis a couple of days ago, and love them. I'm fairly new to all this, so haven't used a lot of other products... really just iClear 16's on my iTaste vv's. The protanks are a much cooler vape, and a much looser draw than the iClears. Actually they are just a little too airy for my taste, so I'm planning to put a piece of tape over one of the air holes... not a big deal. They work well.

Mechanically, they're solid... just keep an eye on the little gaskets when you take them apart, and don't over-tighten the base onto the glass as they can break (or so I've read).

I like the size, and have nothing bad to say about my experience with them so far.

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
Great tank. There's a lot of gripes about all the protanks but personally I have 4 mini's, 2 protanks and 2 aerotanks and the minis are the most reliable of the 3 but I've never had major issues with any of them. Out of over 100 stock heads I've had maybe 3 full on doa coils and 4-5 that leaked due to bad factory assembly. Only flooding issues on the mini are if I let it sit for a couple days full of juice or don't make sure the air holes are clean before I use it.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
I've found the protank mini has much better airflow than either the protank or the PT2. I got a couple kanger airflow controllers last week and its changed the game on my protanks, they hit just great now with those controllers to say better than the mini use to. The protanks as a whole are great attys, its the stock heads that are the epic fail. If your planning on just using out of the box stock heads then chances are your going to be disappointed with poor quality control, cheap thin wicking and a very soft easy to squish positive insulator. You will have to learn to DIY those heads to get them to work better but rebuild the PT heads is the best way to get top shelf vape quality....just ask my wife. ;)

Taowulf

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2014
Bend OR
Things in I have learned in the last two weeks with the Protank2 Mini -

1. I use heavier VG juices (100% - 80/20) and removing the flavor wick helps flavor.
2. If it floods, remove the drip tip, put a paper towel over the top and make a throwing motion several times. (Do not actually throw) You should see some juice on the paper towel. Return to your pleasant vaping.
3. Do not over tighten the ends over the glass. This will cause leaks.
4. Do not accidentally remove the entire bottom of the tank when just trying to take the connector (part with the coil screwed in) off.

:vapor:

hesitantly

Mar 21, 2014
Temple, TX, USA
I've found the protank mini has much better airflow than either the protank or the PT2. I got a couple kanger airflow controllers last week and its changed the game on my protanks, they hit just great now with those controllers to say better than the mini use to. The protanks as a whole are great attys, its the stock heads that are the epic fail. If your planning on just using out of the box stock heads then chances are your going to be disappointed with poor quality control, cheap thin wicking and a very soft easy to squish positive insulator. You will have to learn to DIY those heads to get them to work better but rebuild the PT heads is the best way to get top shelf vape quality....just ask my wife. ;)

I'm new to this. What/where is the "positive insulator", please?

Dampmaskin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2014
Norway
www.steam-engine.org
The positive insulator is marked "insulation tube" in this picture (from this page).

protank_atomizer_parts_dissected.jpg

Porkchop081

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2014
Laurinburg,NC
I store my PT's upside down, seems to help with any leaking from them sitting while not in use. The positive insulator is the little "rubber" sleeve in the bottom of the coil head. It looks like an O-ring or a bushing but is actually about 3/16-1/4 inch long. It insulates the coil wires from + to -. Crush that insulator by over tightening and the coil will leak or worse, short out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread