Status
Not open for further replies.

Sgt. Pepper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2011
posting to mark thread and follow.

I just got the 'davide' by anyvape. It's the same thing as the protank as far as I can see. It looks like it came with the protank coils--it has the longer stem. I love the look of the tank and the fact that it's made out of glass; however, I'm not really happy with the performance of the protank coils. I wonder if the evod coils would perform better? Is this what others have found?

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts

I just got the 'davide' by anyvape. It's the same thing as the protank as far as I can see. It looks like it came with the protank coils--it has the longer stem. I love the look of the tank and the fact that it's made out of glass; however, I'm not really happy with the performance of the protank coils. I wonder if the evod coils would perform better? Is this what others have found?

I can only speak for myself but I noticed a significant difference between protank coils and authentic (original) evod coils.
I like the evod coils' tighter draw from the smaller ID.

Sgt. Pepper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2011

To follow-up on my comments of yesterday. I replaced the 1.8ohm coil with the 2.2ohm coil and the juice I was using, a 50/50 juice that is dark and very thick with some halo torque 56. The performance has increased tremendously. The vapor and throat hit are great.

I love this 50/50 juice but it just doesn't place nice with most "atomizers." I have been using dual coil cartos and they usually are eaten up with a few days. About the only thing this juice seems not to destroy quickly is direct dripping. The protank coils are working fine with the halo juice, but would prefer a less airy draw and plan to get some evod coils.

cliffy15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Honolulu, HI
Just wanted to throw some info in here now that I've finally got my EVODs rebuilt the way I like them and working on my Protank 2, now.

Yes, the EVOD heads fit in the Protank 2. Yes, it'll make for a tighter draw (nice). In fact, my draw tightened up so much that I'm getting almost NO draw now (using it on Vision Spinners, and an Innokin iTaste 3.0). It took a little bit of close examination (I don't have any calipers, though) before I found out what the problem was.

While the two heads are VERY similar there are more differences than just the center post (more open on the PT and less open on the EVOD head aside form the obvious length difference).

The rubber grommet and the metal endcap (that holds the grommet in) are narrower on the protank version allowing more airflow from inside the 510 connector. If I want a tighter draw on the PT it is definitely better to switch out the center post with one from an EVOD.

However, if you use an entire EVOD head directly in the PT, a lot of issues start. Well, they do for me anyway.

The draw is so tight that sucking through the tip basically sucks more juice (and less outside air) over the wick which will eventually cause it to leak, gurgle, and eventually flood before an entire tank has even been used. This was all fixed when I used a rebuilt PT head and an EVOD center post.

I don't expect the Protank 2 mini to have this same problem since the ego-threaded adapter probably (crossing fingers) has a lot of open space inside its base (similar to the EVODs).

This is just making the wait for my pre-ordered Protank 2 minis even more excruciating...

carldamnit

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
East Texas Piney Woods
When rebuilding coils for my clearos saturday, I noticed the difference in the positive post on the stuff I have. On a vivi nova the positive post is tapered and has a small hole in the top, the PT positive post is just a flanged tube. I would think this is the major difference in air flow. Has anyone noticed a difference in the positive posts between the evod and PT heads?

I don't own an evod, just speculation at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread