Status
Not open for further replies.

markab

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Hi folks,
First the ugly part.

Disclaimer: Utilizing this device will probably void any warranty that you may have with your e-cig. Although this device seems to work well for me YMMV. If you end up with a flooded and/or wrecked e-cigarette don’t blame me. Use at your own risk.

Ever since my first experience with “dripping” I’ve been trying to come up with an easier and more practical way of reproducing the same effect. Since Easter I’ve been bouncing several ideas around. Last week I made my first proto-type. After numerous trials and errors I settled on this design. It’s not perfect, and I’m open to suggestions, but I feel it is a step in the right direction and it saves me from messing with the hassles of “dripping”. The design is very simple and only requires about 10 minutes to assemble.
Listed below are the parts and directions for assembling. I’ve included several images to help along the way. My proto-type was used with a Sedansa e-cigarette and e-cig.com cartridges and e-liquid so you may have to make some modifications.

PARTS:

Drill
3mm drill bit
Dremel with cutting bit (although you may get away with using a razor blade)
Tube of 100% aquarium silicon
Tweezers
2 e-cigarette cartridges (can be used ones)
Syringe with needle (used for filling cartridge)
Tissue and q-tips
Fine tip Sharpie marker

ASSEMBLY:

1)Start by gutting the two cartridges. Use the tweezers to remove all the foam. If the cartridges contained e-liquid wash them thoroughly with warm water and dry.
2)Using the drill with the 3mm bit drill a hole in the centre of the closed end one of the cartridges. Mine had dimple there to make centering easy
3)Using the Dremel cut the entire tapered portion of your drilled cartridge off and discard the remainder of the cartridge.

IMG_3972.jpg

Here is a pic of the drilled cut cap (left) next to gutted second cartridge.

4)Carefully align and place your drilled cap into the other cartridge (tapered end down)
5)Place a mouth piece on the cartridge and slowly insert in into your e-cigarette.Remove the cartridge and mouth piece. The cap should now be pressed about ¼” into the cartridge.
6)Very gently press the cap an additional 3mm down into the cartridge and mark this spot on the outside of the cartridge with a sharpie.
7) Remove the cap from the cartridge. (I used the drill bit to catch on the hole to pull it out).
8) Apply a thin layer of silicone all around the sides of the drilled cap.
9) Carefully align the cap and gently insert it into the cartridge. Keep pressing it in until it lines up with the sharpie marking on the cartridge. Be careful not to plug your drilled hole with excess silicone..
10) Use tissue and q-tips to clean any excess silicon off the cartridge.

IMG_3977.jpg

Here is a regular cartridge (left) next to a completed "drip cart".

11) Hardest part! Wait 12 hours for the silicone to cure.

Now that your silicone is cured grab a bottle of your favorite e-liquid and your syringe and carefully fill your new “drip cartridge” . Check for leaks by inverting the cartridge several times and letting it sit for several minutes laying flat on a table. Nothing should leak from the cartridge. Now attach your mouth piece to the dripping cartridge and while holding it vertically tap sharply on the end of the mouth piece while holding it over a clean tissue. You should see several small droplets shoot from the hole. Now insert your new drip cartridge into your e-cigarette. Hold the e-cigarette vertically and sharply tap the mouthpiece 4-5 times. This primes the atomizer. Your now ready to sit back and enjoy your new dripping cart. Re-tap the mouth piece several times whenever you notice the vapor diminishing.

Notes:
It is very important to use 100% aquarium silicone. Other “general purpose” silicones contain other additives that may be harmful if inhaled or ingested. 100% pure silicone seems to be regarded as generally safe as near as I could tell from my research. Failure to use any silicone, or an insufficient amount to seal the cap may result in leaking. Inverting the drip cartridge occasionally helps to break any vacuum forming in the cartridge. I sometimes seem to get better dripping action if I use a small hard object to tap on the mouthpiece. More experimenting is necessary.

This is still an open project and I will be doing more experimenting and testing to fine tune things. If you have an suggestions or experiences related to this project I would be happy to hear them. Happy e-smoking.

Regards,
Mark

markab

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Hi Rachel,
Thanks for the encouragement. As I mentioned I'm still fine tuning things and looking for ways to improve it. I found that "dripping" gave me a stronger hit with more vapor, which was fine to do at home, but was hardly practical at work or on the road. Hence I developed the "dripping cart". Good luck with the hubby. It really is a quick and easy device to assemble.

Mark

dnakr said:
Wow Mark,

This looks really cool. It shows that you put a lot of thought into it. Based on the pictures, it looks like it would work really well. I wonder if I can convince my hubby to make me one. :) Great job.

Rachel

markab

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Hi vafvaf,
I got mine from a local pet fish store (Big Als). If you don't have one in your neighbourhood you can always order some online. Good luck

Mark

vafvaf said:
hi markab, need your advice ;-) , cant find 100% aquarium silicon ;-( , i am back now from hardware store (bauhaus), they dont have and dont know about; in the "zoo store" the same... can you help to tell where you get it or how its look? thanks a lot; cant wait to realise your invention ;-)

markab

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Hi Shawnp1,
Thanks for the kind words. I'll be sure to post any updates here to the design.

Mark

shawnp1 said:
i like it u got some serious time an work involved here. thanks for sharing this with everyone look forward to hearing how it works over time an any new improvements u might come up with for it. keep up the great work.

swami

Apr 7, 2008
markab said:
Hi folks,
First the ugly part.

Disclaimer: Utilizing this device will probably void any warranty that you may have with your e-cig. Although this device seems to work well for me YMMV. If you end up with a flooded and/or wrecked e-cigarette don’t blame me. Use at your own risk.

Ever since my first experience with “dripping” I’ve been trying to come up with an easier and more practical way of reproducing the same effect. Since Easter I’ve been bouncing several ideas around. Last week I made my first proto-type. After numerous trials and errors I settled on this design. It’s not perfect, and I’m open to suggestions, but I feel it is a step in the right direction and it saves me from messing with the hassles of “dripping”. The design is very simple and only requires about 10 minutes to assemble.
Listed below are the parts and directions for assembling. I’ve included several images to help along the way. My proto-type was used with a Sedansa e-cigarette and e-cig.com cartridges and e-liquid so you may have to make some modifications.

PARTS:

Drill
3mm drill bit
Dremel with cutting bit (although you may get away with using a razor blade)
Tube of 100% aquarium silicon
Tweezers
2 e-cigarette cartridges (can be used ones)
Syringe with needle (used for filling cartridge)
Tissue and q-tips
Fine tip Sharpie marker

ASSEMBLY:

1)Start by gutting the two cartridges. Use the tweezers to remove all the foam. If the cartridges contained e-liquid wash them thoroughly with warm water and dry.
2)Using the drill with the 3mm bit drill a hole in the centre of the closed end one of the cartridges. Mine had dimple there to make centering easy
3)Using the Dremel cut the entire tapered portion of your drilled cartridge off and discard the remainder of the cartridge.

IMG_3972.jpg

Here is a pic of the drilled cut cap (left) next to gutted second cartridge.

4)Carefully align and place your drilled cap into the other cartridge (tapered end down)
5)Place a mouth piece on the cartridge and slowly insert in into your e-cigarette.Remove the cartridge and mouth piece. The cap should now be pressed about ¼” into the cartridge.
6)Very gently press the cap an additional 3mm down into the cartridge and mark this spot on the outside of the cartridge with a sharpie.
7) Remove the cap from the cartridge. (I used the drill bit to catch on the hole to pull it out).
8) Apply a thin layer of silicone all around the sides of the drilled cap.
9) Carefully align the cap and gently insert it into the cartridge. Keep pressing it in until it lines up with the sharpie marking on the cartridge. Be careful not to plug your drilled hole with excess silicone..
10) Use tissue and q-tips to clean any excess silicon off the cartridge.

IMG_3977.jpg

Here is a regular cartridge (left) next to a completed "drip cart".

11) Hardest part! Wait 12 hours for the silicone to cure.

Now that your silicone is cured grab a bottle of your favorite e-liquid and your syringe and carefully fill your new “drip cartridge” . Check for leaks by inverting the cartridge several times and letting it sit for several minutes laying flat on a table. Nothing should leak from the cartridge. Now attach your mouth piece to the dripping cartridge and while holding it vertically tap sharply on the end of the mouth piece while holding it over a clean tissue. You should see several small droplets shoot from the hole. Now insert your new drip cartridge into your e-cigarette. Hold the e-cigarette vertically and sharply tap the mouthpiece 4-5 times. This primes the atomizer. Your now ready to sit back and enjoy your new dripping cart. Re-tap the mouth piece several times whenever you notice the vapor diminishing.

Notes:
It is very important to use 100% aquarium silicone. Other “general purpose” silicones contain other additives that may be harmful if inhaled or ingested. 100% pure silicone seems to be regarded as generally safe as near as I could tell from my research. Failure to use any silicone, or an insufficient amount to seal the cap may result in leaking. Inverting the drip cartridge occasionally helps to break any vacuum forming in the cartridge. I sometimes seem to get better dripping action if I use a small hard object to tap on the mouthpiece. More experimenting is necessary.

This is still an open project and I will be doing more experimenting and testing to fine tune things. If you have an suggestions or experiences related to this project I would be happy to hear them. Happy e-smoking.

Regards,

Hi.. I was looking for that!! Now i will "mix" the my-experiment--t216s10.html doctor's method with this one... Dripping too much will kill the atomizer, but using the siringe needle to transport the liquid from tank to atomizer edge probably will work.. I will tell you! cheers
Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread