Prodigy V1 compared to V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curtis

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
Nashville, TN
Yup :) -- There is supposed to be a bit of *play* to it. If we tighten up the tolerances, well, remember the first set of mechanical switches for the Protege's? Same thing would happen. If its assembled or not aligned just perfectly, it won't work. Thus, the reason, we kept it open, and we haven't seen a problem yet :)

Works for me. Mine kicks like a mule.

Surf Monkey

Cartel Boss
ECF Veteran
May 28, 2009
Sesame Street
Yup :) -- There is supposed to be a bit of *play* to it. If we tighten up the tolerances, well, remember the first set of mechanical switches for the Protege's? Same thing would happen. If its assembled or not aligned just perfectly, it won't work. Thus, the reason, we kept it open, and we haven't seen a problem yet :)

Okay. Good deal. I just wanted to make sure that that's how it is supposed to be. :thumbs:

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
All this talk about these things is driving me nuts. I just ordered mine yesterday and my order number is #24861. I ordered a Full Kit 510 With Xtra batteries and havent even seen a number close to mine Ill pay extra to get it out sooner PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Dkrom ... You're order will be shipping Monday. :) Should have it mid week!

I didn't realize there was an issue with oxidation in the V1. Will that be an issue with the V2, or does the change in materials address that?

I would like to know this as well. Do I need to put Noalox anywhere on my V2?

Hey Guys -- Aluminum oxidizes unlike Stainless Steel ... Just a sad fact of aluminum. Noalox is a GREAT barrier, that will keep the threads lubed and help oxidation. I highly recommend Noalox. We even use Noalox on some of our stainless steel pieces :)

Dkrom68

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2009
Backwoods NY USA
You are a god I am so excited Im ready to explode. This is why we all order from you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Guys -- Aluminum oxidizes unlike Stainless Steel ... Just a sad fact of aluminum. Noalox is a GREAT barrier, that will keep the threads lubed and help oxidation. I highly recommend Noalox. We even use Noalox on some of our stainless steel pieces :)

Wafflestomper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Seriously? The fact that you guys worry about such little things as "How the etching feels" or how "You hate that chalkboard feeling"?

Sounds so dumb...but that EXACTLY the reason I ordered from Puresmoker. Any group of guys and gals that are willing to put that much thought into their product and continually scrutinize the little things to make life a little better are a rare find indeed.

You don't find that level of dedication to anything these days...ever. I hope if by virtue of the stars that Vaping becomes the wave of the future, you guys never sell out to quantity over quality.

And thanks for taking time to fix my order. That was awesome customer service.

Dkrom68

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2009
Backwoods NY USA
PS how much more do I owe you, or what do I have to do. Ill still be hitting the refresh button looking for the shipping confirmation every 2 seconds Monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbs:

Surf Monkey

Cartel Boss
ECF Veteran
May 28, 2009
Sesame Street
Seriously? The fact that you guys worry about such little things as "How the etching feels" or how "You hate that chalkboard feeling"?

Considering the vast number of hours that we spend with these things in our hands, I don't think that kind of attention to detail is unjustified at all.

Wafflestomper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Considering the vast number of hours that we spend with these things in our hands, I don't think that kind of attention to detail is unjustified at all.

Someone forgot to tell those dweebs down at the mall that. My wife wants to go to the mall today, god I hate walking past that Kiosk, its like walking onto a used car lot.

EDIT: And I hope you read the rest of the post and didn't get the wrong impression ;)

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
Two quick points.
The Noalox makes the battery cover and adapter screw on like "buttah"!

I wanted to share a funny episode I had the other day in a mall. I saw a kiosk selling e-cigs so I walked up to the guy and started talking to him. He proceeded to tell me how his e-cig was the very best one made. He asked me if I'd like to try it so, of course, I said ok. I took a hit of it and blew out a punny amount of vapor (it sucked). Then I showed him my Protege. The fool asked me if he could try it. "Sure thing" I told him. Well you should have seen him choke when this cloud of vapor came spewing from his mouth. I laughed until I cried and just walked away. ;)

Wafflestomper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Two quick points.
The Noalox makes the battery cover and adapter screw on like "buttah"!

I wanted to share a funny episode I had the other day in a mall. I saw a kiosk selling e-cigs so I walked up to the guy and started talking to him. He proceeded to tell me how his e-cig was the very best one made. He asked me if I'd like to try it so, of course, I said ok. I took a hit of it and blew out a punny amount of vapor (it sucked). Then I showed him my Protege. The fool asked me if he could try it. "Sure thing" I told him. Well you should have seen him choke when this cloud of vapor came spewing from his mouth. I laughed until I cried and just walked away. ;)

There needs to be a series of undercover YouTube videos of those moments. It was actually those guys that kept me away from considering E-Cigs for so long, I saw the price tag and the crappy wisps of vapor and though "Ill wait till the tech catches up".... forgot all about the wonderful modding subcultures out there :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread