Problem with my ego standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

trickxiii

Unregistered Supplier
Aug 21, 2012
St. Paul, MN
So, i'm reposting this here because I'm not sure I got the best advice in new members forum, (no offense to those who helped, I really do appreciate it!)

So I've had two ego batteries both working great for almost a month now. I had one out with me with a stardust attachment, Vision V3 clearo, and i noticed the battery begin to blink when i knew it was fully charged. I would unscrew the stardust a bit, and it worked fine. after a few hours, the draw began to taste like burning nylon, a sign that the
atty was dry, but there was fluid all the way through the atty and clearo. The battery then gave out, in the sense that it blinks when the clearo is attached. When I unscrew and hit the button, there's about five seconds of full LED light on the button and then only blinking. When I got home I used my second battery with my LR atty and it was fine, i decided to see if the clearo would work with the second battery, attached it and now I have the same problem with second battery.

Did I just kill both of my batteries??

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
It's kind of hard trying to decipher what you are saying, you are talking about a V3 clearo and further down you refer to the Stardust. 2 different names and two different beasts, being a newbie it is understandable but makes it difficult to help. One is a cartomiser the other a tank system.

If it is indeed a clearo (short for cartomiser) it sounds like you burnt it. How long was it in service (they don't last for ever) ?

Never test a vaping component with a 2nd battery, rather check the battery with a known working component (which you did) or better yet a multimeter that is their purpose. If yuo didn't have a multimeter you did good first time around. Where you screwed up is testing a known faulty clearo with a 2nd "good" battery.

From a distance it does seem like the clearo is the problem so biff it. Whether your batteries still work is anyone’s guess at this point.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Sounds like the batteries are stuffed. If you hit the button as you say and all you get is repeated blinks that indicates the battery has shut down.

According to one vendor I use JoyeTech does not recommend using LR devices on eGo batteries. To quote the site "According to the manufacturer, Low Resistance (less than 2.0 ohms) atomizers and cartomizers should not be used with eGo batteries. Their use will void the warranty."

Not knowing what resistance V3 you purchased to begin with and how old it is I can only speculate. As a general rule all LR devices can drop in resistance even further as they age. If you are using any LR devices it's a sound idea to check them several times a week with a meter to make sure the resistance isn't dropping super low - 1.0 ohm or less. If that happened in your case the eGo protection circuit most likely perceived the clearo as a short and continued use of it - in effect repeatedly shorting the battery - caused the internal protection to trip and permanently shut down the battery.

If you still have the clearo you can check it on a meter to see what resistance it's measuring. If you don't have a meter - get one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread