Problem with Dicodes Dani Extreme S in combination with Aspire Triton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruud

Feb 25, 2016
Hello everybody,

I recently bought a Dicodes Dani Extreme S and a Kangertech Aerotank Giant. This was going well.

But i have bought a Aspire Triton and my Dani extreme S gives the f4 error : short or loose winding or overload.

I dont know how to solve it, Is it overload? and is my extreme S to weak for the Aspire Triton? I dont get it. the manual said that you can use 'sub ohm' to up to 15 WATT with the extreme.

Greetings from Belgium

drugarth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2015
Netherlands, groningen
the lowest it can go is 0,7 ohm, but the error for exceeding that would be : F3 (resistance to low).

I think this is going on (from the manual):
For resistances outside the recommended range (or checked range if enabled), full power of 20W (15W respectively) cannot always be achieved. For example, the maximum power of 15W with 0.7 Ohm is reduced to about 10W with 0.3 Ohm. These values were measured on a typical device, but cannot be guaranteed. In case that the requested power can not be transferred to the load, fault F4 indicates the overload condition. After reduction of power and fault acknowledgement, vaporising is possible.

So I guess you have set you wattage to high compared to the resistance of your coil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread