Pretty New: 411 on my pref

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonicaRae

ECF Veteran
So its been about 6 wks now since I started using ecigs. I'll start by saying my very 1st exp was w/a disp blu I saw at the gas station. OMG UGH!!! I couldn't even use it just to use it so I didn't waste money! So a cpl says later @ 7/11 I saw a diff one the NJOY King (menthol of course) so I bought it & it was SO much better..I was like I can really do this. So next was research. Unfortunately the chargeable NJOY's were way diff than the kings the nicotine content was like 1.8% compared to I think 3.4% in the disposables. And i can't see buying the disposables. So after looking online & now of course all I'm finding is those bogus marketing sites I land on v2. So I bought the v2 standard starter kit. I was happy with this but strangely enough it was bigger than the NJOY and didn't have the same throat hit!?! So then I starred really digging online and found this forum. I recently bought the volt spinner and the T3 about 2 weeks ago because it came highly recommended by a couple of ppl. Now I have both. The one thing I have to say which may sound strange is I prefer the flavor of the e-liquid when I use the carto instead of the t3 (which is what a clearomizer?) It tastes completely different, I had bought a small bottle if a menthol tobacco flavor from ecig express. Not sure if its the juice or I just prefer it in the cart?? So anyway my whole point is I realize I actually prefer the v2! Who would've thought? I'll use them both side by side and the volts not bad but I get more vapor from my v2 & the hit is really the same. I was just gonna keep them both but I'm actually gonna send back the volt and maybe try another kind. I'll take any suggestions. I really prefer something that feels like a cigarette at least a little or at least when I take a drag it resembles that of a cigarette. I'm still smoking right now but I so want to just make that switch over mostly so I'm not exposing my son to 2nd hand smoke &I know it would just be better. Also 1 last question...where's the best e-juice? Luv my menthol!!

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Hi Monica and welcome to ECF!

Enjoy King is the best disposable e-cig out there, I just tried the menthol and I really liked it, but the price is completely ridiculous. Their rechargeables are nothing like the King, as you already know.

Volt Spinner is an eGo clone and it offers variable voltage. I wouldn't send it back. It's a great battery, you just need to find a cartomizer/clearomizer that works well for you and the eliquid you'll enjoy. I own and use Kanger T3 and Evod and I like them alot.

If you prefer the cig-like form of a supermini battery, by all means, use your V2 kit. I'm not familiar with that model so I can't really comment on the quality of the vape. You have to like your e-cig--or you won't use it.

There are plenty of great menthols out there--menthol seems to be one of the easiest flavors to replicate in eliquids. What kind of menthols do you like? Strong, subtle, minty, with or without tobacco base? I'm a big fan of Backwoods Brew, Nhaler and Halo's menthols. Visit their sites, read the reviews and have fun!

Good luck!

MonicaRae

ECF Veteran
I was really thinking of keeping the spinner...maybe ur right Katya. I do prefer it when I use it with the cartomizer PLUS I only have 1 v2 batt right now (I know I know everyone should have 3 ;-] ) I was only thinkin maybe send it back & try sumthin else, maybe. Ugh that menthol tob flav I bought tastes like medicine or something in the clearomizer! Im thinkin I'm gonna like a menthol with a tobacco base. Nothing too crazy strong menthol. I guess maybe what would be best is a menthol sample pack? I've heard good about heavenly vapors what do u all think...i hate to waste money! I've looked at some sample packs but I really want one that has the nuport flav or menthol tobacco flavor. And if its wide opinion I should keep the spinner than maybe I will...perhaps it takes getting used to?

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
I've used only clearomizers, but from what I've read in this forum there is a significant flavor difference between cartomizers and clearomizers, with users often strongly favoring one over the other. So maybe you're a "cart" person.

Also, the devices you've preferred so far are those with automatic batteries, where you don't have to press a button to produce vapor. The manual (push-button) batteries can produce more vapor, but take more getting used to.

The enter key can be used to put blank lines in your posts. I was so accustomed to Facebook, where "enter" sent the message, that somebody had to tell me how to do it in a forum like this.

I smoked 50 Newports a day for many years. When I started with vaping, I ordered the Classic Menthol eliquid from Apollo ecigs. Does it taste like a Newport? No, but it tastes good.

Last edited:

pkj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2010
Paula in Arizona
Hi Monica,
Welcome to the forum. I am not familiar with the equipment you are using, so will leave input to others. You are to be commended for sticking with it and searching until you found a couple pv's that work for you. Some people try one, are disappointed and keep on smoking. Not you! You kept searching. Congratulations.

Happy Vaping,
Paula

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
The best way to find out what liquids you like is to head over to your local Vape Shop and sample them. That's what I did. Now I order mostly online cause it's cheaper. Also you can get fruit/coffee/desert flavors with menthol added.
I now have a local vape shop a mere 65 miles away. Before that, the nearest local shop was over 100 miles away. :)

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I was really thinking of keeping the spinner...maybe ur right Katya. I do prefer it when I use it with the cartomizer PLUS I only have 1 v2 batt right now (I know I know everyone should have 3 ;-] ) I was only thinkin maybe send it back & try sumthin else, maybe. Ugh that menthol tob flav I bought tastes like medicine or something in the clearomizer! Im thinkin I'm gonna like a menthol with a tobacco base. Nothing too crazy strong menthol. I guess maybe what would be best is a menthol sample pack? I've heard good about heavenly vapors what do u all think...i hate to waste money! I've looked at some sample packs but I really want one that has the nuport flav or menthol tobacco flavor. And if its wide opinion I should keep the spinner than maybe I will...perhaps it takes getting used to?

It takes a long time to develop a new habit. And vaping is not exactly like smoking, so take your time and try to enjoy the ride. It gets better.

Wrt to sending your Spinner back, I'm not even sure they will take it back. E-cigs and e-cig components are usually non-returnable, unless they malfunction. And even then, the usual window is 2-3 weeks. Sorry. So you may as well try to make it work.

I suggest you read some juice reviews in the review section in this forum. Plenty of menthol threads. Like others have already pointed out, no eliquid will taste like a burning cig, but I found that Nhaler's Nuport comes pretty close. So do Backwoods Brew menthols.

Good luck and happy vaping.

Silverlock

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2013
United States
Heya MonicaRae, and grats on making the switch to vaping. I also started with the V2 and was and am very happy with it. I recently upgraded to an Ego Twist, mainly for the extra battery charge, but still have and use my V2 when the Ego is on the charger. Seems to me battery life isn't your problem but finding the right delivery system and a juice or two you really like.

There are a lot of choices out there, cartomizers, clearomizers, and tanks oh my! It does take some shopping around and trial and error to find your all day vape, but well worth the effort once you finally hit that sweet spot.

Litecigusa.net has a really great clearomizer here, at least in my opinion. They also sell a variety of cartomizers if you want to stick with them. When your searching around just look for things that have an 808d thread and they should fit your V2 just fine.

As far as juices go there are a LOT of good companies you can try, some of my favs are ECBlends, Heather's Heavenly Vapes, and Johnson's Creek, all of which are on the ECF approved list I believe. (Hope so at least) not a menthol fan myself so I can't really recommend anything along those lines. Really hope you find a set-up that works for you and you make the switch to full time vaper.

MonicaRae

ECF Veteran
Thanks guys all the input is great! I'm not giving up and I'm ready to start trying out some different juices to find the one or few I like. Its nice Smokeless Image has a 30 day money back guarantee no questions asked but I think I might just keep the spinner. So off to find some ejuice or cartomizers it is!

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Can't help but mention again, like I have already done in 3 or 4 other posts, a vape supplies seller that I just found out has the best prices I've seen anywhere on e-liquid. $10 for a 50ml bottle. Mt Baker Vapor. I'd seen them recommended several times in the few days that I've been on this forum but just found out about the low prices today. Many highly-rated flavors. Good shipping prices from WA state. The person who mentioned their prices said it is a good idea to spend an extra 50 or 75 cents for the "extra flavor" options for each selection.

Last edited:

Stoneface

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
New York
Hello Monica. It's great that you are sticking with it. The toughest part of vaping for me was finding a juice that I really liked. Unfortunately, it's a bit of hit and miss - I read reviews and tried the smallest bottles that I could find of each flavor and vendor that sounded promising. I can vouch for Mt Baker Vapors - they are my favorite juice vendor so far. However, my juice preferences have moved way far away from tobacco flavors and I can't vouch for MBV tobacco flavors. But, MBV has great customer service, they ship really fast, and their flavors are very consistent. I found it worthwhile to order samples, or find sample packs whenever possible. Definitely try juices from more than one vendor. I thought I would loooove tobacco flavors, and I literally hated every single one that I tried. You might surprise yourself.

You also need to search for a good delivery system that works for you. I started by ordering some cartomizers (Boge 510 standard resistance in stainless steel) with drip tips and some clearomizers (Vision Nano clearomizers - they only hold 1ml, which is a good size for sampling juices and they are the same diameter as a cartomizer). I bought the Boges from Litecigusa and the Nanos from Altsmoke. I personally think this is a good way to start since it gives you a couple of basic options that will let you know if you are a carto person or a clearo person.

Good luck in finding your way. Do listen to the advice of others, but in the end these are all personal decisions and preferences. If you buy something that doesn't work for you, it isn't a waste, it's an education and worth the investment!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread