Noob with a big decision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
A Good Starter's Setup for a Beginning Vapor by Baditude , (123 Views)
It won't get any easier than this:

WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO PURCHASE

2 batteries, 1 Charger, and a USB/Wall Adaptor

spinnerbattery.jpg
Vision eGo Spinner (easier to read settings, easier to use voltage dial) or joyetech eGo Twist variable voltage batteries.

eGocharger.jpg
Appropriate charger and possibly a USB/wall unit to provide the option to charge away from a computer port.

Juice Delivery Devices:

single coil cartomizers.jpg
A (5) pack of single coil cartomizers at 2.5-3.0 ohm resistance. You'll also need at least one drip tip (mouth piece) to put on the end of these.

clearomizer.jpg
A couple of clearomizers (Vision or Kanger T3) to try.

vivi-nova-mini.jpg
A Vision Mini Vivi Nova tank to try.

*All the above can be found at Altsmoke. AltSmoke.com | Personal Vaporizers | Electronic Cigarette | Ecigs | Your one stop shop!

* Disclaimer: I provide the vendor's link only as a suggested retailer. A potential buyer can choose who and where to purchase their items wherever they wish. I have no affiliation with the suggested vendor, however they are a popular and reputable e-cig business used by many ECF members.

I created a small Picture-Dictionary of the more common juice delivery devices. To gain knowledge of how these devices look and differ from one another click on the link below:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/cartomizers/343294-proper-terminology-carto-tank-what-lol.html#post7562212

KSfarmgal

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2013
Kansas
I'm a new vaper, too. I started out with a Blu disposable, moved up to a $9 starter kit by Clean Cig, then decided to move up a bit more with a basic $29 Volt starter kit. I went with the Volt over the Ego, as price was a big consideration and I really, really wanted something simple, RELIABLE, and cig-like. I like the portability of a cig-a-like, and am not a super-heavy user (my Clean Cig batteries last me about 6-8 hours). I felt that the Volt would be a nice step up, plus I loved being able to have cool custom colors while still keeping the ease & portability of the cig-a-like. I will probably order additional batteries and lots of empty cartos from Smokeless Image, if the Volt that's on its way to me as we "speak" performs as well as I expect. I'm also keeping my Clean Cigs, as I have 2 batteries & 2 USB chargers for them- plus the Blu cartos fit them (I love their Vivid Vanilla). They will make excellent backups; my 2nd and 3rd shift devices, so to speak haha.

BTW I'm not a tinkerer, and moving up to DIY mods really doesn't appeal to me at all.

dnglos

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2013
Gloucestershire UK
Thanks for the info...i don't have to much money but i can spend like 50-55 & i really wanna order it now. I just wanted avoid having to worry about not just batteries and cart but an atomizer too. I've looked up so much, just want something portable i don't care about the charging so much, I work from home. I just want something that's gonna do its best to trick me into feeling like its a cigarette, i know it won't be the same .... something to hit the back off my throat...so thru the models I'll search I just wish someone would say buy this! 2 pieces battery and cartomizer and that's all lol!!

If you're still looking for a good starter kit you should consider this one:

http://www.sz-kanger.com/products/kanger-e-vod

At $48 it looks like a pretty good deal to me.

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
Big decision! The answer is always ProVari! Okay, now that I got the standard cultist comment out of the way, I second Baditude's advice (the post with all the pictures). None of those things are especially new or the latest and greatest, but they all have a proven track record of reliability and consistency. The spinners/twist allow for easy adjustability and will let you (to steal the slogan from Burger King) "Have it your way."

Cool_K

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2013
NYC
About two months ago, I started with a V2 kit and quickly moved on to an Ego-C Twist and a tank clearomizer combo which are pretty awesome. They're bulkier though.
If you like the NJoy King (which I did as well), you'll like the Twist or any of the recommendations here.

Are you using a V2 manual or auto battery? The manual gives a better throat hit and flavor. You may know this already... don't throw away your used pre-filled cartos. You can refill them many times with proper cleaning.

I don't regret my decision of buying a V2 since it got me to cut down on analogs and discover the world of vaping. I still use mine when I go out. Don't rush into buying something you will not like. Do your homework here. It's a life(style)-changing decision.

Last edited:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
So I'm pretty new to vaping, I started with NJOY kings at the convenience store and decided I wanted all in. I did some research got sucked in to those fake site and bought the V2 kit. Its been okay but I'm not getting a good enough throat hit.
The NJoy Kings are either 30mg or 45mg strength nicotine, depending on which one you bought.
Throat hit mostly comes from nicotine strength, so there is your answer.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread