Possibility of a flavor combo causing harshness

Mediocre00Rebel

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2022
Edit: ok wtf so the peach is fine now. maybe 2 weeks steep just wasn't good enough? But other cream mixes I got at 2 weeks are fine..... Ah idk. Anyone else just let me know if you've ever experienced harshness with certain combinations.

All my mixes are 70vg 30pg, I use 3mg nic and I've already determined nic is not the problem. So i got 2 cream recipes that are identical with the exception of the fruit flavor. One raspberry, the other peach. Peach is hella harsh. Raspberry a little but not bad at all. All the fruits I have are 0 harsh solo or mixed with other fruits. Seems like as soon as I put strawberry or peach with cream flavors it it creates a harshness. It's tolerable but not super enjoyable. This harshness goes away after a little bit, may be 10 or so draws, prolly cause I get used to it. On the other hand I just made a strawberry cake flavor with cream, and it's pretty smooth in comparison. My fruity flakes recipe was also very smooth and that had a lot of cream but no peach or strawberry. My banana cream was good too.

I've narrowed it down so that it's not the cream, nor the fruits, but certain fruits mixed with the creams seem to make it harsh steeping has made no difference, in fact they seem more harsh after steeping.

Anyone else experience this mixing certain flavors?

Last edited:

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
The only thing that made a juice kinda harsh to me was too much nicotine. I did an experiment to see how much I could tolerate. It was harsh. You could try not adding any PG other than what's already in the nicotine and flavorings and just top off with all VG, no need to measure the VG. Glycerin isn't usually harsh like PG can be.

Users who are viewing this thread