Harsh th with low nic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

I'm new to ECF so feel free to move this thread if I'm not posting in the right place.

I've been mixing e-liquid for about 3 months now and i'm coming across this problem with all my e liquids.

I'm making my juices at a 25/75 PG/VG with 3mg nic. Even with the high levels of VG and low nic, i'm getting a really harsh/peppery throat hit.

I'm using Flavor West for my flavorings (under 9% per flavor, strawberry, green apple, and peach)

I'm using a VG mixed nic 100mg from Freedomsmokesusa

I thought that steeping would be the answer but now i know that's not it. I steeped my juice for about 6 weeks now (tasting everyweek) and the harshness did deteriorate a little bit, but still really bad.

any advice on how to get a smoother juice?

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
First thing is process of elimination. Vape some of your pg then vg then nic added then one flavor at a time sort of thing. Don't forget to check your equipment as well. Poor wicking can sometimes be just good enough to fool you.

The pepper taste makes me think of the nic first but 3mg shouldn't be that noticeable even if it is a little strong.

Good luck and here's hoping you get it sorted quickly.

First thing is process of elimination. Vape some of your pg then vg then nic added then one flavor at a time sort of thing. Don't forget to check your equipment as well. Poor wicking can sometimes be just good enough to fool you.

The pepper taste makes me think of the nic first but 3mg shouldn't be that noticeable even if it is a little strong.

Good luck and here's hoping you get it sorted quickly.

I just spent the last hour mixing a batch without any nicotine and noticed that the harshness went away completely.

luckily, I purchased a bottle of nicotine from nudenicotine since I was running low and came in the mail today. Mixed up another batch using the nude nic and after an hour of hot water bath, the peppery taste went away.

Thank you for that tip JD1, really saved me from finishing the bottle of that awful nic from freedomsmokesusa.

Aurora-Oblivion

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Isle of the Wizards
Be sure you shake your Nic really good before you use it, or split it up into smaller batches for later use, and then shake again before you use the smaller bottles each time. This is especially important if you are using VG nic because it can sometimes seperate easier leaving hot-spots of nic

That may or may not be the issue with your original nic, I've never tried their nic so I don't know if it's hot or peppery itself.

Art Mustel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2009
I just spent the last hour mixing a batch without any nicotine and noticed that the harshness went away completely.

luckily, I purchased a bottle of nicotine from nudenicotine since I was running low and came in the mail today. Mixed up another batch using the nude nic and after an hour of hot water bath, the peppery taste went away.

Thank you for that tip JD1, really saved me from finishing the bottle of that awful nic from freedomsmokesusa.

A bad batch of nicotine can always happen, but I've never had a bad batch from myfreedomsmoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread