Status
Not open for further replies.

Elantis

~≈Dragonfly≈~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2012
Hoosier Cornhusker
The Kraken DOES look pretty great on top of the Poldiac.
Here's my clone combo. :)

Yes it does look amazing!

I have the 69. It's kind of a pain to fiddle with. The 510 connector has a habit of backing out causing it not to fire. I remember when I first got it it wouldn't fire either but it didn't take much to get it to work. I wish I remember exactly what I did to . be more helpful to you.

You can always hit me up with questions. I can use my 69 as a reference to help you out.

Thanks much for the offer...I will take you up on that when I have time to get to it. :)

bce22

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2014
Blackstone, MA
One of the magnets goes into the hole in the insert. It is pushed all. The way into the back. The other magnet is glued in reverse polarity to the other magnet to the end of the button post. Use super glue. Take that pin out of the button and replace it with an equal diameter and length copper pin polished all the way around. The pin makes contact with the SIDES of the pin screws you are showing on the right hand side of the above pic.

if you look at the button it has a hole in it made for the pin. this hole is at the far end of a channel. there are two channels on opposite sides of the button. these channels are made for the ends of the pin screws to sit in. when you push the button the pin meets up and contacts the sides of the pins.

When reassembling it you put the loose magnet in first, then the button and hold it in place (it'll want to pop out on you) while you screw down the first screw pin then the second to complete the switch assembly.

Does this make sense?

Last edited:

VapinSweetZ

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2013
Philadelphia, PA.
Thanks for the super quick response!
Lets skip the copper pin replacement for now, until I finish glueing the 2 small magnets :)
So one of them will be glued to the end of the plastic button (the other side of course, the one that goes into the button "house".

And what about the second small magnet (the one that looks the same), do I need to glue it anywhere?

bce22

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2014
Blackstone, MA
No, push it all the way in the hole to the far side of the insert. It'll stay. Remember the magnets want to push each other away.

At. Least polish up that existing pin. When installed correctly in the button it should fit flush without the ends sticking out at all. The ends do not make the connection. If they are sticking out beyond the plastic button it could catch on the insert and cause the button to not engage smoothly.

Does this make sense to you? I the reason I ask is that I am typing on my tablet and sometimes things don't come across clear.

Edit: I have to sign off for the night. I'll check this thread again first thing in the AM. Sorry if you need more assistance now :(

Last edited:

VapinSweetZ

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2013
Philadelphia, PA.
Or, once again

Watched that before but @1:27 the 2nd magnet pop out of the plastic frame to the first magnet, it doesnt just stays in there :<
Unfortunately I cannot think about any other magnet I have at home to keep it in place...

Should I maybe glue the 2nd magnet to the inside of the plastic? I should be very easy I think...

Last edited:

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
Watched that before but @1:27 the 2nd magnet pop out of the plastic frame to the first magnet, it doesnt just stays in there :<
Unfortunately I cannot think about any other magnet I have at home to keep it in place...

Should I maybe glue the 2nd magnet to the inside of the plastic? I should be very easy I think...
If the magnet is dead center inside the housing is tends not to flip over.
It's not a bad idea to put a dot with a Sharpie on the magnets on opposing sides. Glue it if you wish, just be sure to not glue is with wrong polarity.

CaliGrower

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
norcal
DONT glue the internel magnet. i have several original poldiacs. all you need to do is drop it in and ut your button on the back outside of the housing and the magnet will flip the proper direction. DO NOT FOR ANY REASON let the internal magnet slap into the button magnet or the button magnets glue will break loose.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
DONT glue the internel magnet. i have several original poldiacs. all you need to do is drop it in and ut your button on the back outside of the housing and the magnet will flip the proper direction. DO NOT FOR ANY REASON let the internal magnet slap into the button magnet or the button magnets glue will break loose.
It's super easy, there is a video on MMvapor web site showing how to do it.
I gave one to my wife and I think she is vaping more than me, at least as far as ml"s a day. I found a black speck on one of the screw in contacts that was causing a poor connection. I had to use a magnifying glass to find it "cause I missed it the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread