• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Places to get stuff locally - Please post if you find a local store selling hardware or software!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenzip

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2011
Lincoln, NE, USA
OK, I thought it would be a good idea to know where to get "emergency" supplies if trouble strikes, and you're without your PV or run out of juice, or whatever. Obviously, buying online will be a better deal, but just in case . . .

So, post the name and location of any business you have found selling juice, PVs, or related "stuff".

I'll keep this first post updated with the list, by city.

Lincoln
.... Hutt, 1st and O street, south side. Best kit buy
$30 Nicstick kit, 1 battery, 1 atty, 3 carts in kit. Refills available.
$30 Randy's e-cig Deluxe kit, 2 batteries, 2 attys, 10 carts, AC charger and car charger
Juice on order.

Cliff's smoke shop, 12th and P.
$25 Analog look-alike, the e-Health cigarette, 3 piece model, 10 carts. No refills that I saw.
No juice.

Discount City liquor/smoke shop, 48th and Progressive (between Hwy. 2 and Old Cheney on 48th).
$70 NJoy NPro, 2 batteries, 10 cartos, charger.
$13 for 10 carto refills.
No juice.

Discount Depot smoke shop/gas station, 33rd & O street
$14 Nic juice, 5ml bottles, tobacco flavors only.

Wicked Smoke, 1603 West O. Best juice prices.
$10 Nic juice, 5ml bottles, tobacco/red bull flavors only.
$5 No-nic juice, 5ml bottles, assorted flavors.
Omaha
Quik-Pik, 5421 South 96th Street, 96th & Q.
$12? Nic juice, 5ml bottles, tobacco flavors only, menthol.

Last edited:

hawkizefan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2010
omaha
Another unanswered post..that just can't be.

I've not seen anything here in Omaha and I constantly look. The quik-pik on 96th and Q.....Right across (east ) from the Hy-Vee? That's good to know since I live maybe 10 minutes from there and actually drive right by there almost every day, but have never been in there. Right now, unless everything were to go absolutely to hell on me, I could probably go 2 to 3 weeks without another purchase of any kind. Have some attys, cartos and juice and do a little diy. Have some nic base,vg and some flavor concentrates so could get by for a while. Recently just tried my nic base with just vg (no flavor ) and it wasn't to bad. the nic base gave it a kick, actually a peppery taste, and I could probably get by with that if I really had to.
Will continue to keep an eye out however and will let you know if I ever find anything around here.

tenzip

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2011
Lincoln, NE, USA
Well, I'm glad someone else is posting in here. I sent out PMs to everyone who listed "Nebraska" in their location, I guess I should do a search for "Omaha" too, eh? :p

Yes, I believe it was across the street from a grocery store, don't remember which one it was, but Hy-Vee would be a likely suspect.

I stopped at a couple of cigar stores, one guy, (Nickelby's, on 120th), said "I don't carry cigarettes." I said, no, I'm looking for the electronic ones, or supplies for them. "Nope. I don't have any cigarettes. I don't carry things that have been banned."
I shook my head and walked out.

The other cigar store, I believe it was the Omaha Cigar Company on 108th, the guy running it seemed a little more intelligent, and said to the guy who was sitting there stinking up the front room with a fat stogie, "I think I'm going to have to buy some of that stuff, a lot of people have been in asking for it."
So maybe another place for supplies in the future.

Harry's tobacco shop on about 120th and Dodge didn't have anything, but suggested a place on 72nd and Q, I think. Maybe you can check it out if you're in the area. I didn't have a chance to get down there, needed to get back home.

hawkizefan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2010
omaha
Travel by 72nd and Q quite a bit but can't think of any tobacco type places there other than a c-store, but will check it out next time I'm in the area. Unfortunately I'm afraid that anything you find in places like this will be overpriced and crap. On the bright side you and I aren't that far apart and in a vaping emergency we could possibly meet up lend the afflicted party an atty/carto, drop of liquid or whatever to hold them over for a day or 2. Guess that's in part what this forum is all about.

Don't know yet my schedule for the day you are going to be at the horseshoe taking all their money, but if I'm around I will stop by for a brief intro and chat. Bring your ego-T along. I would like to see that. Right now I'm hitting my new 5 volt pt with some belgium waffle and some Ry4 and I have to tell you, 5 volt really brings out and enriches the flavor.

Glad you're still posting. Hoping more locals/regionals start to chime in. I try to check in every day if possible.

Later t-zip.

woodman

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2010
USA midwest
Hey, early last year I looked all over omaha for supplies but never found any. Guess it was still too new a thing to do. I rarely visit these type places now since I'm a non-smoker for over a year now but did need some 200 proof PGA for my mixing so stopped by the smoke/liquor place in Millard and saw they had some device I never heard of. Think it was similar to whats seen in malls so didnt pay much attention. Like 701 or some such....

twiddy

Mar 5, 2011
Omaha, NE
Hey there. Just stopped in at Tobacco and Phones 4 Less on Center just west of 52nd street in Omaha. They are selling the NicStick and juices. The juices were in a variety of flavors but a little expensive ($10 per 10 ml i would guess, but the bottles did not say the volume). They could come in handy though if you run out and need to get a fix fast.

Stabbie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2011
Teec Nos Pos, AZ
what about the NicStick ones?

I don't know about NicStick.
Do a search on ECF for them and see if there is any discussion. If there is no, or negative, discussion than I recommend you consider them a disreputable vendor and look elsewhere.

My rule is; if they aren't a registered vendor on ECF, I am not interested in what they are offering.

Those kiosks in the malls around town are just out to make a buck off you. I've talked to them. They have no idea what is even in their unmarked juice. If someone cannot prove or disclose what is in the juice they are selling - don't buy it.

speedjason86

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2011
Omaha, NE
I don't know about NicStick.
Do a search on ECF for them and see if there is any discussion. If there is no, or negative, discussion than I recommend you consider them a disreputable vendor and look elsewhere.

My rule is; if they aren't a registered vendor on ECF, I am not interested in what they are offering.

Those kiosks in the malls around town are just out to make a buck off you. I've talked to them. They have no idea what is even in their unmarked juice. If someone cannot prove or disclose what is in the juice they are selling - don't buy it.
this is a very good tip. seems like nothing is worth buying unless its from the forums vendor.

ironslave

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2010
Omaha
Pilot/ta/flying j truck stop in Council Bluffs/Gretena has Mistic e cig. 7.99 for a battery and carto. 29.99 for a starter kit with 2 batteries, 3 cartos, and a usb charger with wall plug. 15$ for a 5 pack of cartos. the threading is opposite of a 510. It has an excellent throat hit and tastes decent. great vapor production. cartos might able to be drip refilled. it is just some filler wrapped around some wire. nothing fancy. a great ecig to convert someone. I haven't bought one but my mother did so I cant speak of reliability.

the Bucky's on 72nd and Harrison has some ecig stuff too. I haven't taken the time to check it out though.

Tobacco Hut has what looks like cheap off brand crap on 84th and Madison.

dUdEmOnIuM

Unregistered Supplier
Apr 2, 2010
Omaha, NE
@ hawkizefan

Ha! I talked to that guy, too...was just curious as to how much he knew about vaping and if he knew he was selling a bogus rebranded product. I had a small madvapes 3.7v box on me at the time and he had never seen anything larger than the cig look alikes. Funny how a cheap plastic box packs more of a punch than their $100 plus starter kits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread