Pittsburgh B&M?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaymanMoon

May 6, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
So, I tried to do some thread searching but only came across old threads. Is their any great b&M shops in the Pittsburgh area, south hills preferably? I would think we would have a great clientele for it.

I wanna shop lol and in person in always so much more fun than online. Plus I spend so much more when I don't have to physically hand over my credit card ;)

Penn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2013
In the wilderness
Today I visited Pittsburgh Vape Lounge and I was happy with my experience.

The woman I talked to seemed to be the owner and she was very nice and let me try (as in vape) a number of different flavors. I went with a 5ml 20mg bottle of Vanilla and a 10ml 20mg bottle of RY4. The smaller bottle was $5.00 and the bigger bottle was $10.00

Granted this may change but as I understood it the prices are as follows:

5ml bottles = $5.00
10ml bottles = $10.00
30ml bottles = $25.00

I went with 20mg Nic but it seems the choices go 24, 20, 16, 12, 8 and 0 (all of these are on the label with a checkmark by 20mg since that is what I got).

They seemed to have a lot of different flavors to choose from although I do wish the prices were slightly lower but I don't think it is fair for me to complain. I'm a bit spoiled as I normally order 50ml Bottles of DeKang which only cost me $10.99 + shipping and it works for me but we all know that DeKang is not high end lol

Anyway I thought I would mention it for other Pittsburgher's looking for vape juice and supplies (they had a bunch of batteries and cartos and clearomizers etc.)

Location and phone number and hours operated are on their FaceBook page: https://www.facebook.com/pghvape

Please Note:
I haven't really vaped the two juices I got other than my sample vape at the store (using their carto and battery with a disposable mouth piece). I'll report back after I've had time to try them out at length but I will say that both seemed very nice during my sample vape.

Last edited:

nitsuj

Verified Member
Feb 13, 2010
PA
I thought I'd resurrect this thread since I've been to two of the places mentioned here. Glass Gone Wild in Cranberry was a decent place, prices are a bit high, but that's to be expected for a brick and mortar store, and to me, it's worth it. But I didn't have a great experience there. Here's the deal, it's first and foremost a head shop. They sell bowls, bongs and hookas of all shapes and sizes, plus grinders, stashes, etc. Everything you'd need for your "tobacco" habit. I have zero problem with that. But the vaping stuff is in one corner of the store. Selection is limited, but they may have what you need.

The problem is, it's a head shop, not a dedicated vape shop. Customer service left a bit to be desired. The day I was there, there was no less than 5 employees working (including the owner), and it wasn't that busy. But getting waited on was murder. Let me say for the record, that I have zero problem with smoking weed. I don't anymore, but I don't judge those that do, and I'm all for it being legal. BUT, head shops tend to attract 20 year old stoners as employees, and speaking as a former 20 year old stoner, they don't make for the best customer service. The kid waiting on me would literally wander away mid sentence or get distracted by the TV. If another customer came in and looked at a ...., he'd just wander off to help them, even if they already had help because it was obvious he was more interested in talking about glass than he was about e liquid or mods. Keep in mind, I wasn't there for just liquid, I already had a Tesla and a few tanks on the counter for purchase, so it wasn't a case of me not spending enough. Another problem in this place was the e-liquid sampling station. It was various tanks I could try on my new tesla, but they were pooly filled, leaking or covered with juice, poorly labeled, and they didn't give you a disposable rubber tip to use. Just a rack of gooey clearos, and an alcohol wipe. I'm not germphobe, but it just wasn't appealing. And Jerry Garcia Jr. Who was helping me was vastly under informed on his products.

To be fair, everyone there was nice enough, and it was a clean shop with a nice atmosphere. I suppose I'd go back if I knew what I wanted,
but I wouldn't go there to try liquid, and I wouldn't go if I had questions and was looking for experienced answers.

Now, in contrast, I stopped by Pittsburgh Vape Lounge today. Awesome place. The owner is the only employee. She is very friendly and helpful. She has every flavor out and available to try. They're clearly labeled, and they have a nice box of new clean disposable tips there. It's set up at a bar so you can sit and vape. I sat there for an hour, chatting with the owner an other customers about vaping and flavors and whatever. They have an extensive list of flavors, and they carry a decent selection of mods. I didn't check the mod prices, but liquid prices were right in line with other stores, and I picked up a Protank, and it was priced in line with internet rices.

Pittsburgh Vape Lounge is about an hour away from me, but I'll be going back often to support them with my business. I plan to try other vape shops I find since I drive around Pittsburgh and surrounding areas for a living. I'll post up my reviews.

Don't go to Glass Gone Wild in Cranberry. The younger guy who ran the portion of the store dedicated to ecigs left and the owner doesn't know that much. They shoe horn everyone into ego setups and everyone I know who has purchased an ego kit from them has had a battery that broke at the joint below the button. I purchased two 18350 batteries from them and I believe they are trying to pass these of as AW's. The owner made the younger guy sign some sort of agreement stating that he would not open up an ecig store within a 50 mile radius or something to that effect.

smokingdog

Unregistered Supplier
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread