Pina Colada First Impression

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quexos

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
USA
Take this little review with a grain of salt because I am only on day 3 of vaping and the same time not smoking tobacco and therefore have a weak sense of taste still. That said:

I just got my Tasty Vapor Pina Colada (20% VG, 48mg cut to 24mg with Pina Colada doubler). I did not age it at all and expect it will get better from what I have read. Going down it has what I would call a medium throat hit. It is smooth, not harsh. It has as good a vapor output as the 2 pure VG juices I have tried (RY4 and Vanilla from Cignot). On the exhale is when I taste it most and it is spot on Pina Colada. I do taste the coconut, and it is good! It leaves a slight, pleasant aftertaste that leaves me feeling like I have been sipping on a real Pina Colada. Now I want one!

It is not as thick as the pure VG juices I had, as expected, and I like that. Those were a bit difficult to work with and were quite "syrup-like". This seems just right.

It came with an empty mixing jar and the other 2 jars (1oz w/nic + 4 oz doubler). Thank you very much for the mixing jar as I did not have anything else to mix it in. Can't wait to try more flavors now. Tasty Vapor, you have a new loyal customer!

Edit: oh yeah, I am using it in a stock voltage Joye 510 and atomizer. Can't say how it is in 5 volt or low resist attys. It is damned yummy in my kit though!

Last edited:

Quexos

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
USA
Update: this one got worse with age. I loved it when it first arrived, so I ordered 2 more 48mg bottles for the doubler. Anyway after about a week it seemed to lose its flavor. Now, a month+ later and after giving plenty of time for my taste to adjust or whatever, my Pina Colada has really lost its flavor. If anything it tastes and smells a bit like dish soap.

Mostly just like fog though. I don't know what happened or how it changes so much, but I now have 4oz of Pina Codishsoap I'll never use. I'm convinced that something in the Pina Colada mix "sours" over time like milk.

haileymadison

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2010
indiana
That's strange. I have had my doubler of Pina Colada for about 8 weeks. I just tried it again yesterday, and it is even better than it was a month ago. It taste great on a hot summer day. Dirty atty maybe? I have had things taste like crap, just to find out it was time to clean or change my atty. I am using mostly cartomizers now. I don't have that problem anymore.

guava

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2010
ca
I've had my Pina Colada for about 2 weeks, and it's just getting better and better. It's been my mostly all-day vape for the last couple of days.

I think someone else on this forum had the same experience Quexos is talking about, but he realized that his tastebuds had just gone haywire for a few days because the Pina Colada tasted fine to him after that.

Don't toss it out in the event it's a tastebud malfunction like we almost all seem to get every now and then!

Quexos

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
USA
I think someone else on this forum had the same experience Quexos is talking about, but he realized that his tastebuds had just gone haywire for a few days because the Pina Colada tasted fine to him after that.

I think that was me actually. About a week after I started vaping it tasted really bad (all juice). That turned out to be bad attys. I got new ones since then but the Pina Colada seems to have simply lost its flavor. One fellow said in that other thread that he had the same problem with the Pina Colada "souring".

It doesn't taste bad, it just tastes...watered down? Like it just lost it's flavor. My two TV flavors are Pina Colada and Strawberry Cheesecake. The cheesecake used to be the milder of the two, but now it is much more flavorful than the Pina Colada. Weird.

Maybe it's just time for new attys again, but if that is the case then a new atty only lasts me for about 2 days before it begins to poop out.

AmyB66

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
In A Padded Cell
Don't feel bad, I don't care for it either. I've even let them set awhile and have gone back and still didn't like it. Made some up, added extra coconut, banana, nope, as much as I don't mind pinapple, it just doesn't vape well for me.

I have over half a bottle of 50/50 doubler and about a third of a bottle of 48mg....the first one of you pina colada freaks who IM's me can have it! No strings, no trades, just hate to waste it. usps to 48 states only, I'll ship it out on Thursday.

haileymadison

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2010
indiana
I think that was me actually. About a week after I started vaping it tasted really bad (all juice). That turned out to be bad attys. I got new ones since then but the Pina Colada seems to have simply lost its flavor. One fellow said in that other thread that he had the same problem with the Pina Colada "souring".

It doesn't taste bad, it just tastes...watered down? Like it just lost it's flavor. My two TV flavors are Pina Colada and Strawberry Cheesecake. The cheesecake used to be the milder of the two, but now it is much more flavorful than the Pina Colada. Weird.

Maybe it's just time for new attys again, but if that is the case then a new atty only lasts me for about 2 days before it begins to poop out.

Actually, I had the same thing happen with my Caramel Popcorn. I had bought a doubler. I loved the first say 110 ml. or so. I was down to my last half an oz. and all I could taste was butter. I put it away for a week or two, when I came back to it, still hardly any flavor, just butter. I dumped it, and just bought a new batch and I love it again. I have no idea why the first 110 ml. were so wonderful and the last half oz. was tasteless. I am wondering if maybe more of the butter settled to the bottom of the bottle. I really don't know. Maybe, we should shake the bottles more often so the flavors mix evenly. I dunno, just a guess, anyone else have a better reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread