PICTORIAL: *The URBA* ~A new RTA by Petar K

Status
Not open for further replies.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
OMG, 100W? Great and Congrats! I can never think of doing that feat :)

100W was all I had to work with. Apparently it could have handled more. I said I would never need more than 100W, but now I'm curious :D I'm vaping it at 50-60W though for what I feel is the best flavor. Very different atty from anything I've owned before (Aromamizer). With a standard dual coil build it was just limping along at 35W with 2 airholes closed and the other two open only partly. So I decided I needed something that would take advantage of 4 airholes and wake it up. Quad coils seemed to be the answer, but its a very small deck. So quad verticals :). Its awake now. I have all 4 airholes wide open and its a surprisingly pleasant vape at 50-60W. It wicks like crazy.

Reactions: qorax

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
100W was all I had to work with. Apparently it could have handled more. I said I would never need more than 100W, but now I'm curious :D I'm vaping it at 50-60W though for what I feel is the best flavor. Very different atty from anything I've owned before (Aromamizer). With a standard dual coil build it was just limping along at 35W with 2 airholes closed and the other two open only partly. So I decided I needed something that would take advantage of 4 airholes and wake it up. Quad coils seemed to be the answer, but its a very small deck. So quad verticals :). Its awake now. I have all 4 airholes wide open and its a surprisingly pleasant vape at 50-60W. It wicks like crazy.
I have settled down with two considerations in my style of vaping ~ (1)I am not into heavy vapor production - and (2)I want to conserve my e-liquids. Thus, lower Ohms and higher wattages do not figure in my modus operandi. Which is why 16W is my limit (420F / 23W in TC). As such, I rebuild most of my attys around the (+/-) 1 Ohm mark.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I have settled down with two considerations in my style of vaping ~ (1)I am not into heavy vapor production - and (2)I want to conserve my e-liquids. Thus, lower Ohms and higher wattages do not figure in my modus operandi. Which is why 16W is my limit (420F / 23W in TC). As such, I rebuild most of my attys around the (+/-) 1 Ohm mark.

Interestingly it doesn't seem to be using more e liquid than any of my much tamer dual coil attys. That's always a consideration for me as well. I seem to enjoy the higher priced liquids and don't DIY as I fear anything I create will taste bad in comparison. I've had some single coil attys that aren't all that juice conservative considering they're running much lower power. The Lemo is a juice hog. So were the k4 and SquapeR. All running below 20W. Could be the draw as well. I tend to do very slow, long draws on my lower power builds, but shorter draws on higher power builds. I still think the Erlkonigin is the most conservative atty with juice I've owned. I can take it with me if I'm gone all day and won't run out of juice. So I definitely appreciate that. The Urba is being very conservative for me as well thus far.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Interestingly it doesn't seem to be using more e liquid than any of my much tamer dual coil attys. That's always a consideration for me as well. I seem to enjoy the higher priced liquids and don't DIY as I fear anything I create will taste bad in comparison. I've had some single coil attys that aren't all that juice conservative considering they're running much lower power. The Lemo is a juice hog. So were the k4 and SquapeR. All running below 20W. Could be the draw as well. I tend to do very slow, long draws on my lower power builds, but shorter draws on higher power builds. I still think the Erlkonigin is the most conservative atty with juice I've owned. I can take it with me if I'm gone all day and won't run out of juice. So I definitely appreciate that. The Urba is being very conservative for me as well thus far.
Yep, the Erlk, GEM and URBA are three of the most efficient atomizers in my collection.

Reactions: roxynoodle

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Me, too. Its going to look so nice with one of my gray sx minis.
Btw, I had finally completed my "mount testing" of the Retail unit and found that it does have an issue with GP Paps. Only with the ones having a GPin. It doesn't drive all the way down and stops short at the topcap leaving a hairline gap.

URBA's 510 seems to be a li'l long. It doesn't have any effect on 99% mods tho. No problems with other self-adjusting spring-loaded 510 mods, just with my Papses. Prolly due to the construction on the GPin, it has only so much tolerance to adjust against both ends.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Well, my new base seems to screw onto everything. My first one only screwed onto one mod. So, a major difference.

My Paps is a v 2.5.
Oh, it will. B'coz Petar has redesigned URBA's 510 lately. It is now similar in size and threads to the usual 510s out there. Since last few weeks all URBAs are going out with the new 510.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Hey guys, I have a dilema. I am torn between the URBA and the GEM. Can anyone give me an insight. I already have an Erlk, a Squape Rs, STm and Lemo 2.
These are different systems dear. GEM is my most favored atty right now - but it works exactly by the same principle as the Kayfuns (and it's many iterations). While the URBA typically works by the principle of Gennys, sans the mesh build.

You may like to checkout my reviews of both and get a hint of what to expect. The link is at my signature below.

Reactions: Arthur

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Reactions: smokewell
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread