Status
Not open for further replies.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Here are a few how to for the bottom fill, the ones that show the bell cap bottom fill method, can be used for any of them.

Thanks for that. I cannot get any of the three tanks I have to bottom fill. It just falls apart every time. Im sure if I had really steady hands and a lot of time and patience I could get t but as it sits. Either it's so tight with some I rings it pops off and collapses or its so loose with some jt spins far too easily and collapses. I gathered he straight tank and bell call were designed for bottom fill ?
I'll Load it with some nic free mix and runs few times. But so far k have had horrible luck.

Do you have any idea what this part is for ? Gus 22 telescopic.

b226a25a18529e08c953186fcd27a5d3.jpg

I thought for hybrid / no. I thought for extension. No. The only thing I can honk is for thinner batteries. It only fits in the top part of the mech mod and it's not threaded internally. So it
Must just be to reduce rattle or something? But then it makes the mod bigger as you have to use s longer pin. Some just don't see he point of this little threaded tube.

Appreciate the help.

Last edited:

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Thanks for that. I cannot get any of the three tanks I have to bottom fill. It just falls apart every time. Im sure if I had really steady hands and a lot of time and patience I could get t but as it sits. Either it's so tight with some I rings it pops off and collapses or its so loose with some jt spins far too easily and collapses. I gathered he straight tank and bell call were designed for bottom fill ?
I'll Load it with some nic free mix and runs few times. But so far k have had horrible luck.

Do you have any idea what this part is for ? Gus 22 telescopic.

I thought for hybrid / no. I thought for extension. No. The only thing I can honk is for thinner batteries. It only fits in the top part of the mech mod and it's not threaded internally. So it
Must just be to reduce rattle or something? But then it makes the mod bigger as you have to use s longer pin. Some just don't see he point of this little threaded tube.

Appreciate the help.

I have no idea, I dont have any of the telescopics, Maybe @qorax will see this and chime in or go ahead an private message him. He is the GUS mod guru. It was his photos that got he hooked. :)

Reactions: qorax

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
I need to Either rebrush this or polish the tip. But here it is in 500 with phenomen lite. Little vanilla honestly. And the drip tip is too long.

I also find the Gus switches a little on the cumbersome side. Just too much force for s pinky push. I may see if I can dress this up somehow inexpensively. Or I may sell the whole kit on for like $75 with four tanks etc.

be62ea2692649f8a2d43c3c107ede1e7.jpg

Reactions: anavidfan

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
...Do you have any idea what this part is for ? Gus 22 telescopic.

Appreciate the help.
That's the Kick Ring. To be used only with an Evolve Kick.

Reactions: h00ligan

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
That's the Kick Ring. To be used only with an Evolve Kick.

Perfect. Thanks Q

I'm trying tk get it in rotation. I guess I can just use only one flavor and a syringe. I replaced all the I rings and it's certainly seeming nicer.

Do you happen to know the difference between the special chimney and extreme ? Or the versions of the phenomenon lite.

Also. While I have you. Ever seen s pot spout that fits standard glass 30 and 60 ml bottles ? They usually have the same top just s longer dripper. Surely someone just have converted it to unicorn or something.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Perfect. Thanks Q

I'm trying tk get it in rotation. I guess I can just use only one flavor and a syringe. I replaced all the I rings and it's certainly seeming nicer.

Do you happen to know the difference between the special chimney and extreme ? Or the versions of the phenomenon lite.

Also. While I have you. Ever seen s pot spout that fits standard glass 30 and 60 ml bottles ? They usually have the same top just s longer dripper. Surely someone just have converted it to unicorn or something.
The Extreme Chimney has a wider chamber bell -- to accommodate larger coils and provide a li'l voluminous vapor.

I have never replaced any O-rings anywhere since I started vaping (2012) and all my atties & mods (including Gus's) work perfectly as they were when received.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
The Extreme Chimney has a wider chamber bell -- to accommodate larger coils and provide a li'l voluminous vapor.

I have never replaced any O-rings anywhere since I started vaping (2012) and all my atties & mods (including Gus's) work perfectly as they were when received.

Tahoe not the first person I have seen write that. Funnily most of the Gus phenomenon build videos show significantly screwed up o rings.

I've got s leaking titanium gem hat needs an o ring replaced or maybe tree per manufacturer

And a ton of other tbsks that needed jt at some point. Either through my rough treatment (rare) or flaws (most common) or wear (happens$

I hope that anecdotal references are considered just that. Otherwise that statement becomes a dangerous one when people auto complete it. M

It's never happened to me in ten years (so it can't be happening)

I haven't been murdered in 40 - yet
I haven't had a battery blow up - yet
I haven't been ripped off by cyber criminals. - oh he's I have.

Anyway the point is. If you had a thousand tanks. Kid still be a microscopic sampling. The likelihood others experience issues has absolutely nothing to do with whether you did. Well mathematically so insignificant as to be considered null.

I work exists you didn't discount jt flat out. But the implication was there. And

Appeal to the masses
Appeal to authority

Are logical fallacies for a reason.

And finally for statistical illustration.

If he sold 10,000 of these and 1% had an issues with an oring (individual odds would be what 1:40-60k depending on tank) that would be 1000 people. But 9000 could check in with no issue. In s more likely scenario. A .1% failure is 100 people with defective units. Realistically failure issues in the .1-1% for a small Rushed company wouldn't be unlikely as far as I know. Perhaps a statistician can correct me.

Finally. Tolerances for wear are going to vary. For example Gus lists three kinds of rings can be used depending on desired resistance of turning. You may like loose. When it arrive it may have been tighter. Unless you quantified the thickness of every o ring ever on every tank
Your not sure if they've changed. Just they they haven't changed enough to bother you personally. I personally like sonic cleaning weekly. And getting firm tough to manipulate o rings. Also why I don't typically line unless it's necessary as w constantly moving part. If it's a press fit. No lube. For the feeling Nebuchadnezzar also probabky wears them more n

Last edited:

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Ive had to replace oring a few times. Especially those that are in the areas where wearing is most likely to happen.

If your oring is really hard and not as flexible, or if its leaving little bits when you rub your finger on it, or if there is an actual nick in it that you can feel with your finger , you need to change it.

Now there are a whole lotta things that can cause wear. Your liquid is one big factor. If its citrus or other of the usual suspects that break tanks, it could wear the orings faster than usual. Even lack of use can dry out orings.

Now with Mr Q, either he is lucky or its his technique of using that Burt bees lip balm that he lubes up his orings or its because he has so many atties that there is no way he could possibly use any one of them enough to wear them out :) Ive seen photos of some of his "collection" and it looks like a counter at a store. All beautiful and in showroom condition.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
For the record. @worax knows i have nothing but love for him. For anyone else thinking there was anything malicious. There wasn't. I'm a hard science background person. As such I qualify statements and deal in facts. @qorax is awesome I just wanted to point out (and overly so as I often do!) the facts about it. Q and I have a great time here and he's super helpful. I also know he is widely loved and respected here I don't want anyone to think for even a minute but there's even a milliliter of bad blood because they couldn't be farther from the truth that's one of the things I really love about Q is he's more than willing to listen and consider and has an open mind and his opinions can change based on facts and experience

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
For any of you looking for a small temp control / regulated box mod to suit the phenomenon. The istick pico works very well with the lines of the original phenomenon tank imo. Has a pretty stem pink gone sheik vibe to it I think. I may make these a mated pair and run my main adv. then it's good battery life for home. I can choose to take it without mucking about and it's still pretty small

The older tank with the metal top does add weight and reduce some comparability.

@qorax or anyone else do you know if the center of the three piece tanks is the same as the kayfun three piece center - I don't have any left but it certainly looks like he exact same part.

Anyway here's the combo I've found I like. Has s nice industrial feel. Tank lines okay well off the battery cap knurling

1219a69b54c3ca13f7d2fd92bbdb214e.jpg

The Gus 22 telescopic is flat out terrible for 359 mode n the tanks be adapter is probably higher than the battery. It's s huge 350ndrvide and probably for the same weight and quarter of an inch more height run s 599 battery and get three times the usable / practical. life unfortunately my telescopic is super Plain Jane.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
@anavidfan & @h00ligan : Out of the now 63 atties that I have - 5/6 are in daily rotation. Another 10-15 I keep revisiting once a week or two. Rest remain [ĝenerally] unused but are not collecting dust since I've a maintenance routine for everything of mine. I clean them, check them, lube them, vape them and put them back.

The daily rotation ones carry different juices each. Out of those 5/6 - some are citrus, cinnamon and menthol based. And some of those atties are being used year long & beyond. No issues at all.

The weekly vaping 10-15 atties also remain with juice 24/7. Yet no issues. Yes, in this case some slightly leak out from their 510 when in the atty rack ~ but that is expected. However, once I start vaping them - nada.

I do not know how, neither do I've some science to back it ~ but I've never looked at the spares baggy of any atty since it landed at my door.

The only problem I have is with glass tanks. I've broken one too many. And thus I don't like glass in my atties. And my e-liquids are yet to scratch up any acrylic tank.

Yes, I've been fortunate.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
...@qorax or anyone else do you know if the center of the three piece tanks is the same as the kayfun three piece center - I don't have any left but it certainly looks like he exact same part...
Unfortunately no, they're not sir :(

Reactions: h00ligan

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Unfortunately no, they're not sir :(

That's a bummer well thanks for clarifying it looks so similar do you know if there are any compatible thanks I don't even see the centerpieces for sale on the Gus site looks like the tank is discontinued or certainly that he does not sell middle piece alone unless I'm missing it because it's the first phenomenon default tank

Anecdotally speaking I don't mind glass, I am super clumsy with my beater vape gear. and if I discount the mark bugs products that had manufacturing flaws I broke one aspire tank cleaning it and that's it and I drop at least three mods onto blacktop per week parentheses this is why I live at which ones I take out of the house and still my glass has not been an issue, but I realize that I'm a statistical abnormality, strangely I don't drop cell phones and such I find I put my baby in my lap and then get out of my car and it lands on the ground which is why I only take out inexpensive "beater" set ups. It's become such a recurring theme for me to drop my babe set ups from about 3 feet onto blacktop that I now have one just to use in the car and pocket another one that never comes out so I don't drop it and that's also why I use those tanks saver rubber bands on devices in heavy rotation they get taken anywhere carpet is not around but again I have been very lucky

Any manufacturer who is not offering the last now needs to offer Dellran as an option and hopefully people will start using more than that disgustingly ugly yellow color it's not really right to offer macralon tanks only at €20 per pop. I have only cracked a couple of tanks with juices that we're kind of generic poly carbonate and it was never terrible just that kind of spider web but I think for $20 for a piece of plastic that plastic needs to be high-end plastic and Gus does not offer any high-end plastic tanks from what I see

If anyone knows of a plastic middle section that is compatible with this phenomenon tank I would certainly appreciate the info

Last edited:

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
@qorax or anyone else do you know if the center of the three piece tanks is the same as the kayfun three piece center - I don't have any left but it certainly looks like he exact same part.

I use the Kayfun lite clear section on the Phenoms I have. Fits perfect and I saw that others were using the KFL center section on theirs. I asked and I was told to order them from Svoemesto. Got a few clears, smokie too.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
I use the Kayfun lite clear section on the Phenoms I have. Fits perfect and I saw that others were using the KFL center section on theirs. I asked and I was told to order them from Svoemesto. Got a few clears, smokie too.

Son of a gun. I had some of those - given away and just ordered replacements which were way more expensive. I'm not even sure if they're macralon - which is a requirement now. Standard Polycarbonate leeches too many chemicals.

By the way I purchased one of the clearance mods from gas along with the tanks and had a brief email his English seems to have improved greatly and he reply to a question immediately so it's possible some of my support emails were making it to him like I had an old address or something I just wanted to be clear that I had a good experience when buying the tube mod and replacement tanks I do think his website needs a lot more information particularly about materials used

Last edited:

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Son of a gun. I had some of those - given away and just ordered replacements which were way more expensive. I'm not even sure if they're macralon - which is a requirement now. Standard Polycarbonate leeches too many chemicals.

By the way I purchased one of the clearance mods from gas along with the tanks and had a brief email his English seems to have improved greatly and he reply to a question immediately so it's possible some of my support emails were making it to him like I had an old address or something I just wanted to be clear that I had a good experience when buying the tube mod and replacement tanks I do think his website needs a lot more information particularly about materials used

Gus Mods and GP are the 2 best customer service I have ever experienced. So nice , such a pleasure and so helpful. They both go way above and beyond. If you ever need help , FB is a great way to communicate with them.

Perseas is really active here with the GP/ VapourArt, but Konstatinos for GUS MODs help is readily available on the FB pages.

Reactions: Grrrr

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I need to Either rebrush this or polish the tip. But here it is in 500 with phenomen lite. Little vanilla honestly. And the drip tip is too long.

I also find the Gus switches a little on the cumbersome side. Just too much force for s pinky push. I may see if I can dress this up somehow inexpensively. Or I may sell the whole kit on for like $75 with four tanks etc.

be62ea2692649f8a2d43c3c107ede1e7.jpg

The GUS switch is a great but it has a lot of detailed parts. If your switch gets rough, soaking it in pure 100% acetone with give it a good cleaning.

Ive taken mine apart and cleaned all the parts and its not as hard as I thought, at least the switches I have. You need an allen wrench and you have to be careful with the tiny ball bearings. It still is not as complicated as GG devices...

Mr Q has a pictorial somewhere that shows how to take them apart and clean. The only thing that gets worrisome are the ball bearings as they just sort of stick to a tiny brass ring. I use a tiny bit of lube on the bearings and that helps to keep them in place. As many times as Ive taken them apart, (cause Im OCD ) Ive never lost a bearing ( knock on wood ) Ive got to find out the bearing sizes to have back ups cause I know I will loose some someday.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Im sure I'm going to kick myself but what are the two holes under the atomizer ? It looks like the bottom is two piece but afaik (which isn't much) the outside ring doesn't screw off or anything.

I though air, doesn't seem to be
I though place to use a tool to unscrew an outer ring for hybrid. Seems unlikely.

I thought maybe holding the deck in somehow. And this is where I've settled but I still don't see it.

Thanks for the help,with an I'm sure obtuse question. I really want ant to use the phenomenon in hybrid mode as the base and Gus top caps end up looking like s chunky double decker bus when they're put together. I'm really surprised there's no hybrid that I can see with various mods they make. But I'm sure it's lack of education on the Gus products.

Btw. The telescopic doesn't have ball bearings in there. Older switch or first owner lost? I think the former.

I just refinished the tube tonight. It looks so much better. But I need to get my drill and use the hp pnb to get w mirror finish on the extension part acdented by the top cap and switch and countered by the matte if the body

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread