PG vs VG percentage: Does this affect flavor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

makelovenmusic

Verified Member
Mar 9, 2012
Jersey
I'm just wondering if flavors taste different (richer, sweeter, lighter, etc.) in the same flavor, but in PG vs. VG. I have two Johnson Creek samples of Tennessee Cured flavor and I love it in the Original PG juice, and am wondering why the Red Oak VG version of the same flavor doesn't taste the same to me. It's less rich, less full-bodied, and lighter than its PG counterpart. Why is this?

-Is this because of PG vs. VG or do I need to "steep" the VG longer?(does the percentage change the overall taste, i.e. 50/50, 80/20, 100 of either, etc.)?

-Does VG juice usually need more time to "steep" than PG juice?

Thanks in Advance! :)

makelovenmusic

Verified Member
Mar 9, 2012
Jersey
Thank you all! I'm trying to learn what I like best, and since Johnson Creek is a mix, although PG-based, I really love all the flavors I've tried so far in their Original line. I just switched from blu cigs to a Joye 510-T and ordered a bunch of 100% VG from another vendor because blu cigs was 100% VG and that was what I was used to w/ blu, but I keep going back to my JC PG ones because the flavor is so rich and amazing! Was wondering if it was a VG thing, steeping thing, or manufacturer thing. I'll try a mix from the other vendor before ruling him out. THANKS!!!!!!!!!! :)

I'll try a mix from the other vendor before ruling him out. THANKS!!!!!!!!!! :)
Was asuming you were mixing your liquids yourself and just adding your favourite flavours. I stopped buying premixed liquids immediately after switching my equipment to some mods. Hope that my answer was not too irritating.

wolcen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2011
Boston, MA
www.wolcen.com
Just a side-note about VG: VG itself is very thick and some VG-only juices can run thicker than their PG (or mostly PG) counterparts. I just wanted to point that out since the tanks may not feed as well with some juices if they are thick. It sounds like you've been OK so far, and that's great (the JC RedOak line I tried a while ago is pretty well thinned out, but for example, Ms T's bakery juice which is very tasty, I would NOT put in a tank myself).

If you don't have any problems with PG, I'd say why not stay with a more typical mix that includes it?

VG is allegedly also harder on atomizers than PG is. At least some people say so based on their experience.

FWIW, VG only juice is normally thinned with pure grain alcohol (or even vodka), or distilled water.

Oh, and WOW Adam... I've never let a juice sit that long! I have no patience when it comes to steeping I guess :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread