PG/VG and their effect on taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zFb-

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2011
Colorado
I recently ordered and recived a want2vape sampler pack and was disappointed by the flavors i got from them. I believe this is NO FAULT OF THEIRS. A majority of their blends are 70/30 pg/vg with the exception of Ecoberry and a few others. They are at 50/50 pg/vg. I say this because although I can taste their blends (which the flavors themselves are very good) I get this weird smell/taste almost like a wood-like taste mixed with splenda Their Ecoberry is the first fruit flavor i've tried and it is AMAZING. I never imagined i'd vape fruity liquids but now... I'm more open to them. Anyway, the question i have is, does a higher PG % in juices have an effect on flavor OR does pg itself have a wierd flavor to it?

Last edited:

Tersur

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2011
Bfe Kentucky
Yes and yes. steeping works well on Dark colored juices especially in my observation. if there is a perfumey or Alcohol like taste in the juice steeping usualy gets rid of it. And some flavors will taste horrible at first and after steeping once either the base has evaporated, or the flavors have had a chance to form bonds with one another it may be better.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
I have been vaping PG/VG straight today, no nic and no flavor added, all I taste is a slight sweetness so nothing weird in pure PG/VG that I can taste. Steeping, letting juices sit around for 2 weeks while the flavors blend together has a major effect on taste. Some flavors need steeped before they can be vaped. Fruits not so much, tobaccos, yes they need steep time :) Have fun! bnrk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread