• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Pet Peeve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
One of my biggest pet peeves is lack of common courtesy. If you watch tv at all, these days, you will notice that people no longer say 'goodbye' or just 'bye' at the end of a telephone conversion. They just hang up the phone. What has happened to courtesy? We're talking business calls as well as personal calls. Nothing gets my dander up more than being hung up on .... nothing. A quick goodbye is adequate.....'gotta go.....bye.' Even that is acceptable over just a click at the other end of the phone. I had a girlfriend that couldn't handle money. She wanted me to be the 'person' who would hold her accountable if she spent more money than she had. So, I did. She found out real quick that getting mad and hanging up on me did not win her 'friend of the year' award. I kept warning her about it, repeatedly, and then the final straw broke the camel's back. I told her that we needed to take a break in our friendship because of her behavior, and we did. Needless to say, she never did that again. BTW, I told her I quit the job of holding her accountable for her expenditures as she never listened to me and what did she need me for. She could be very difficult, but I loved her dearly.

So what is your biggest pet peeve?
:?:

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    goodbye - never notice that I'll be watching for it from now on.

Without a doubt no goodbye and next time I'll will be saying why are you calling me! :mad:

The biggest pet peeve I have is when people tell me they have the cure for what's happening around the world and tell them I have a book that tells it all and then get a hissy fit with me.

Last edited:

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Hi folks. Saints, this phone behavior has been happening all along. I think we're just noticing it more because of use of devices in general has become more frequent. Watch an old movie and you'll see.

I researched and it seems it is simply because it adds words to the script length and xtra time. All comes down to money.

I'm not sure I have a pet peeve with the world, I Do have a few bones to pick with myself often tho.

Hope everyone here is doing fine...........:)

Last edited:

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 29, 2009
    FL, USA
    blondeambition3.wix.com
    Pet Peeves? Oh no! There's not enough room on this Forum to list all of mine!....

Well, my BIGGEST one is all of the 'smutty' commercials on secular TV stations now .... I'm constantly 'offended' by those and feel sorry for the Male Population because they primarily target them with all of those scantily clad Female Figures.... YKWIM.

People that don't 'acknowledge' you when you enter their Retail Business. I mean, just a 'nod' or a quick "I'll be right with you!" would be sufficient, but they totally IGNORE you've even entered the Premise. I just patiently wait, and of course I'm more than Polite when they FINALLY get to me... but still, I was taught to ALWAYS acknowledge the Customers and to politely inform them it may be a minute but I'll get right with them as soon as I possibly can.....

Oh! This is a BIG one too! I have over 2400 FB Friends.... they love anything upbeat or positive, but just TRY to post anything deemed as 'negative', (such as God's Judgement, or make any mention of SIN), and they come at me like Wild Animals! :laugh: That's the 'secular' Folks, mind you. The "Religious" Folk come after me every time I post anything that doesn't mention God's Judgement and or about SIN. :p

There's so much more.................... :D but I will spare you Guys.....

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Pet Peeves? Oh no! There's not enough room on this Forum to list all of mine!....

Oh! This is a BIG one too! I have over 2400 FB Friends.... they love anything upbeat or positive, but just TRY to post anything deemed as 'negative', (such as God's Judgement, or make any mention of SIN), and they come at me like Wild Animals! :laugh: That's the 'secular' Folks, mind you. The "Religious" Folk come after me every time I post anything that doesn't mention God's Judgement and or about SIN. :p

There's so much more.................... :D but I will spare you Guys.....

This deserves 10,000 likes. :toast:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread