Ovale Elips-C

Status
Not open for further replies.

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
This thread may result in nothing more than crickets chirping in the background, but hey, its worth a shot ... :D

The Elips-C has been my favorite PV for about a month now, its well-designed, good quality components, and above all, stealthy. Fits in a dress shirt pocket sideways, virtually invisible, and looks like a felt-tip marker from a distance ...

I know its considered low power and capacity compared to even a standard eGo, but it gets me through the work day, supplemented by a mini-eGo pen top ...

Just wondering if anyone else out there is using the Elips daily, with what nic strength (I'm using 48mg menthol, yes that's right, 48mg), using it as a pass-thru or charging it with the PCC, etc.

And mostly what others (if any) are experiencing with atomizer life-cycle (I'm getting about two weeks of heavy usage from the low-resistance ones before they start to get "weak") ...

I'd be delighted if someone has been using the Elips for a longer period than I have, and can advise me on what to expect as far as battery life, durability of the unit, and overall satisfaction. Maybe even alternatives that are equally good quality and in some way superior in this class ...

Anyone out there ? :blink:

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
I have one I bought from a B&M here in FL called Pure. Just found out it is a knockoff though. My tanks do not look like the ones on Ovale's site. Kinda ...... now. Is my pocket backup.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Wow, I didn't know there was anything else out there that was similar ...

I can see the tank design is important, it relies on surface tension at the openings to prevent leaking. As it is, there will be a bit of seepage when the tank is nearly empty, but the o-ring seals catch and contain this ...

The battery strength and duration is the biggest weakness of miniature PVs like the Elips, but I can use it as a pass-thru at home, plugged into the charger. And I recently got a solar charging case that will keep a little 350 mAh battery going as long as there's light ...

Maybe when battery technology improves to the next level, and atomizer design is optimized, mini PVs will become more common, with most of the volume given to tank capacity ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread