Help, Wife changed her mind again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleepyvh

May 16, 2012
East TN
Ok, if yaw have kept up, the wife has been trying to decide if she wanted to stay with analog size and suffer with the battery life or go with me to the Ego-....

Well she has gotten into the research like I have and she came across the Ovale/Joye Elips. I had seen and read on them but never mentioned them to her because of their limited ability to be upgraded and/or interchangeable like either the slimmer 510 line or the Ego line are.

Well she has fallen in love with the Elips, so I'm needing some pointers, advice and/or thoughts on them.

I know the basics, good quality, not as upgradeable as a 510 or eGo, and their battery life is somewhere between the highest 510 option and below an eGo. (Elips have 350 mAh) And there are many BAD quality knock-offs. (Btw, how can you be sure, when you order that you're really getting an Ovale / Joye?)

So, what's the general consensus and opinions on the Elips? Pros and cons, etc.
Good option for her?

Thanks

Later
Sleepy

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
They are certainly stylish. I've never used one, but I'm wary about e-cigs that use a lot of proprietary parts. 350mah is also a pretty small battery. She's going to have to be prepared for 3 hours or so between charges. You might want to go to Youtube and see if there are some reviews there. Look out for the ones that look like slick commercials, although I don't think Ovale is the type of sleazy company that markets that way.

DedTV

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2012
Arkansas
Has she seen the Volt from smokelessimage.com? They have pretty decent capacity batteries for a mini, and they also have larger batteries she can use at home. Their X2 battery is 1300mah and their cartos are decent and can be refilled.

Yup yup! The SI 78mm batts are ~300 mah so battery life isn't too terrible and they're only $14ea. They also have a manual or sealed auto option and come in a bunch of different body and LED colors for the style conscious. :) They also have a passthrough for $15 to ensure she isn't ever stuck without a PV so long as she's near a computer or outlet and can plug it in while her batteries charge.

Or she could go with an X2. The 1300 mah ones are about the size of a cigar with the others being a bit shorter. And all X2s are passthrough and they can also be had in an sealed auto if she doesn't want to hit a button.
Their carts are excellent and they have clearomizers (stardust type) which work great as well (they look kinda weird on a 78mm, but they still work) and they're compatible with any 808d stuff (autos can be a bit limiting though). Might not be ideal if you use a 510 batt since you won't be able to share your toys, but still a really good option.

Last edited:

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
Wives.... Can't live with us and you can't shoot us:D Just be happy she didn't buy a Provari with 2 tanks and a Rio grand within 2 weeks like my husbands wife did and do exactly as she says LOL. If the mamma ain't happy ain't no body happy:laugh:

Isn't that fun? I love driving my husband nuts until I get what I want. He always caves because he knows I'm going to do what I want too anyways.

hertm55

Apr 28, 2012
Around the Bend
Isn't that fun? I love driving my husband nuts until I get what I want. He always caves because he knows I'm going to do what I want too anyways.

So true! If I do what I want, my life can become miserable. That is until I order a new juice and she ends up loving it, then I act like I know what I'm doing :2cool:

Kay1959

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2012
Out in the middle of Nowhere
I had never heard or seen anything like this before. While it does look kinda cool, I don't think I'd get one for myself. Has she thought about replacement parts? With that oval shape, she's going to be pretty hard pressed and limited as to where to get replacement parts for that thing. I'd suggest she go with something that is more standard, hence more options for places to buy stuff.

Vchick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NE Ohio
I have not had one of these units, but from what I can find, it's a 350 mah battery which would be suited for a light user, only slightly above the 510 slim batteries.

It's a t-tank atomizer and lots of problems with condensation on the outside of the tank, it's messy, also wicking problems, due to the way the atty is configured. Also appears that 100 vg doesn't work, may/not require special tip, for refilling, etc. Also the cost of the replacement heads, batteries, mouthpieces could be an issue as well. The cap/mouthpiece looks like it slides to easily in the second video and may come off if not kept dry.

There are several video reviews on the Ovale Elips,

Cozzicon (ecf) did a beta pre-production on the original ovale w/a 350mah battery, states the ego battery is better life for a moderate vaper, this unit would be better suited to a light vaper; Ovale Elips: Preproduction E-Cig Beta Test - YouTube

The most recent I can find is; Ovale elips Review - YouTube

All of this will depend on who is having it made and at what price point, knock-offs can be had for various price points, it depends on what the vendor asked them to produce it for and what corners were cut to get you a good price point.

hth! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread