• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Out Of All The Pets You've Had, Which Was Your Favorite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
5card, I'm so sorry.

Makes me feel like I got company though.

Lady

She was a German Sheppard and the smartest dog we've ever owned.
When you said something, she totally understood.
She ran free in a sub division we lived in. The day we moved in, she went to go potty in the yard, and since there was an empty lot right by us that was in a constant state of unmowed, I told her "no" and pointed to the empty lot. After that one time, that is where she headed---TG no one built a house there.
I don't think there was a person who lived there that didn't like her. If or when they didn't want her around, they'd tell her to go home, and off she'd go.
The funniest moment with her is when she went about a 1/4 mile to a lake with my son. There was a restroom there and son went inside to potty before heading home. Well, for some reason Lady took off (probably a rabbit) and son left.
Well, Lady came back and wouldn't let anyone else in. Someone finally gave us a call and RW & son went to get her.

Lady started to run along the side of our cars (right by the passenger side front wheel). We tried to break of this and, if we were outside or looking out a window, she wouldn't do it. The only exception is when we were in the vehicle, and even if we scalded her, she kept doing it.

I was driving of course, and we got home late one night, and while running by the car she must have seen a rabbit because she ran in front of the car. You can guess the rest.

Ease

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2010
Middle Tennessee
Man, those stories make me so sad. My favorite is Venus, who is my avatar. Most loving dog I've ever had, 24/7 house dog, sleeps in the bed with my wife and I. Most pit bulls are not aggressive towards people, so don't believe everything you hear or see on tv. That being said, it took forever to get her to stop biting people lol. She's 7 now and hasn't slowed down energy-wise a bit. The allergies are another thing....

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I feel your pain jj2. It's too bad we had to have a part in losing them. My other dog was a black lab and dingo mix. He was a hunter and the toughest dog I ever saw. We lived in Mont. and he was missing for about 4 days anyway he was caught in a trap in the woods. It was somebodies trapline but he survived. He started laying around, not eating so we took him to the vet. The vet told us he had a belly full of Buckshot. Someone shot him but you couldn't see any wounds on him. We haad to put him down. I guess the good die young is correct. Doesn't make it any easier though.

BradSmith

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
Northern Michigan USA
My dog Hoover (like the vacume cleaner) was an amazing dog. He was a black lab airdale mix. He just loved to please, you could teach him just about anything, except to swim. We lived right on the lake and if you threw a stick for him and it went to far out that was it. As long as his back feet could reach the bottom he would keep going, but once he was in over his head he would turn around and swim back in.

He was one tough dog, he would chase anything out of the yard, bears and coyottes feared him. But on the other hand he was smart enough to stay away from skunks and porkies.

He was an old old dog when he passed away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread