OT: HELLO Everybody!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whistles

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2011
Hutchinson
Hey everone, Just wanted to stop back in and say hi!

I know I havn't been around since May'ish... My life has been kicked into high gear as of late. If I'm not working 40 hours at 3M I am doing gigs or photoshoots.

I know a few of you really like to hear about my adventures in the fire circuit so I figured I would catch you all up on whats been going down this summer for me.

In May I went to a festival down in Ohio... Some of you may remember me talking about this one as it prompted a stop to the Vapor Lounge where I could finally meet the whole staff and was able to have a really nice talk with Audrey and Bham. I went out to Ohio to Kinetic Fire Festival and had an incredible weekend which can be summed up by this video:

From there I had a 2 week time off that I spent with my son... then it was off to California... In Cali I was able to spend a week in the San Fancisco area and had so much fun just playing in parks and walking the streets. We went north into the mountains for an incredible festival called Fire Drums. This festival have over 900 participants. There was one down side to this festival and that is my camera took quite a tumble and I lost my short range lens plus cracked the body. It has been in the shop for about a month now and I am hoping to have it back later this week.

After getting back from that I figured I was done and wanted to take a break for a bit... but a phone call came in and I was invited to a local festival called Project Earth. This is a very special festival to myself and also Clover who some of you know on here. This is our home festival and supports multiple charities around the world that help kids with education, food, clean water, and job develpoment for adults. All done by one band called Wookiefoot. The gave me a call to come teach in the fire camp... So packed my bags and weekend after Fathers day I was back out to the festival circuit for another weekend.

http://www.wookiefoot.com/festivals/project-earth/home

Now that I am officially hanging the hat on teaching festivals for the summer... I am working towards a possible gig for a Metal Music Festival being held near me. For those of you who know Slipknot the band we have been approached to make a Sideshow style fire performance for their upcoming Knotfest. This one is still in the works so I won't be able to say much about it but we did just finish up our photoshoot and video capture for the management team to approve our ideas. We pitched a show idea and budget approval last Friday.... that was approved on Saturday... they told us they needed photos and video of each performer in costume. Normally this wouldn't of been an issue but ofcourse we had pitched a brand new show and our costumes aren't even fully designed yet. So we did the best we could with what he had to capture the very base theme and show some of our props we will be bringing to the event. So here is the photos we ended up using... They were mostly shot by me with a friend's camera (Which ask any photog when you switch brands and camera it isn't hard to figure the base settings but you sure do miss knowing all the little tweaks to make a photo pop)

Here are some of the photos from this set:

DSCN0063 by sapper.allen, on Flickr

DSCN0105 by sapper.allen, on Flickr

IMG_5179 by sapper.allen, on Flickr

IMG_5199 by sapper.allen, on Flickr

IMG_5241-2 by sapper.allen, on Flickr

IMG_5259 by sapper.allen, on Flickr

Those of you who have given me the hidden name of Clownboy... I suppose you are even more close with this latest show we are prepping for. This is also our biggest show and production will round out to be about a 12000 dollar show not including stage and lighting production. Guess all that clowning around I do is quite the investment :evil:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread