Status
Not open for further replies.

krazie_Kid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2010
Long Island
www.vapor4life.com
Ok, so with a few games droping (Skyrim, Assassins Creed: Revelation's, Saint's Row 3 and Modern Warfare... Whatever they are on) Is anyone here going to be getting any new games coming out? I personally am a HUGE Assassins Creed fan, I have played them all, and did everything you can in them... So that is the TOP of my list right now. What about you guy's?

wader2k

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
NE Illinois
Skyrim arrived here Friday ...and is currently playing at this desk....

Picture001.jpg

Ignore the ashtray...it's an older photo. In fact, the PC has been replaced and the monitor is about to be replaced by something bigger......

8^)

Kanza

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2011
Wilmette, IL
Our gaming systems have been languishing in favor of the PC ;) We're both playing Skyrim right now which has an interesting twist during the intro to the game :) I joined forces with the rebellion, DH went with the Imperials so *MAYBE* we'll get some variation in how our games play out :) He's also finishing the latest in the Deus Ex franchise so he'll be verrryyy busy :p

Clover~

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2010
South Dakota
oh man. Well Ive been too busy for gaming lately but come winter break! Ill have some time to game! we have 3 xbox 360s, 2 normal 60-120 gigs and we just got the new modern warfar 360 with all the special controllers and whatnot with the game. We also have 2 ps3's. So I have my own systems and so does he. We also have our own pcs and laptops.

Right now my bf has been playing COD modern warfare and he also plays runescape. Im looking forward to getting skyrim and playing that over the break along with replaying fable 3 a few times. In january FF13-2 will come out and Ill probably get that cus Im a FF nerd.

Kanza

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2011
Wilmette, IL
I love the FF franchise :) DH and I could be brought close to tears with some of the earlier games :) But, that's what makes a good game...total immersion :) We stay pretty much with PC games now and the systems are just gathering dust <sigh> Don't know why it is but we seem to go in cycles that way :) I'm loving Skyrim but I am not very far into it...so much to "poke my nose into" on the way from point A to point B...I always say, "why not visit C or D first?" and it takes me forever to get where I should be going :lol:

We'll be gone for winter break here...no more games :( But, we'll have warm days and diving to make up for it ;)

Clover~

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2010
South Dakota
oooh kanza! my first ff game was 8 for the pc. I was like...13 or so and I fell in love with the games graphics and story. I had never seen a game like that before. I fell in love with the story. But the one that really got me was X. I bawled my eyes out at the end. of course I was a sappy teenager by then so haha the sappy love story really got to me! I dont know what happened to my old 8 discs but luckily the ps3 had the game for 10 bucks! I should probably geek out on that one too this break!

Ms. Kanza that's the best part about Bethesda games (and worse to some). There's so much depth to them it's not even funny. Playing for the little time I've gotten to so far with Skyrim has got me longing for fallout 4...

Agreed. Except add Skyrim to Fallout 4 and that's my longing :lol:

No new games here for a while, but I recently discovered a new-to-me game series: Mass Effect. LOVING them. Not nearly as deep as I like an RPG to be, but it's not a pure RPG. It's a 3rd person shooter/RPG hybrid, and I'm quite pleased with the way they pulled it off. The voice acting is impressive, and the dialog wheel is so simplistically beautiful. Good story too!

Come to think of it, maybe I should start a savings goal for Mass Effect 3 (coming 2 days after my bday on March 6th). Hmmm... but if I can afford a new game by then, shouldn't it be Skyrim? Dang, I just don't know.

Kanza

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2011
Wilmette, IL
Clover, the FF games get so confusing with the difference in numbers between here and Japan :lol: I can't keep track of 'em :p There were so many good games that had actual endings and I sorta miss that now. But, time to get back to Skyrim and see what my dark elf has been up to in my absence :) She's so full of mischief that I can't trust her to behave, even with the game turned off ;) I wonder why that is? I *tell* her to behave...but she never listens :)

Desertfremen

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
MI
Clover, the FF games get so confusing with the difference in numbers between here and Japan :lol: I can't keep track of 'em :p There were so many good games that had actual endings and I sorta miss that now. But, time to get back to Skyrim and see what my dark elf has been up to in my absence :) She's so full of mischief that I can't trust her to behave, even with the game turned off ;) I wonder why that is? I *tell* her to behave...but she never listens :)

FF8 is FF8. All differences with the Japanese numbering system stop with FF6 japanese IIRC. =D

FF imo went downhill fast after 7 as far as gameplay. the graphics keep getting better but i'll take game play to graphics any day

Agreed. In fact, FF8 has to be the worst FF game of all time IMO. But I'm an 8 bit fan. I loved the ones for the 8 bit. In fact, I still say most of those older games have more playability and replayability than 99% of the new games these days.

Then again, who am I to say anything. I'm a WoW fiend! "FOR THE HORDE!"

Last edited:

PsychOfMSE

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2011
Lexington, KY
I've been rocking out BF3 for a few weeks now and I'm loving it. It looks absolutely stunning on ultra graphics!

I'm gonna pick up skyrim here soon and see how much of it I can clear before Diablo 3 comes out.

Once D3 comes out I'm gonna be locked away in my office for a few months. That reminds me, I need to find a good sturdy 5v passthrough...haha!

Kanza

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2011
Wilmette, IL
Diablo 3...like that's ever gonna happen! I have been holding my breath waiting for it so I am now totally BLUE...just like UK :p

It was FF3, that caused the most tears, I believe...the one with the guy in the yellow slicker and she reenacts Tosca by singing while climbing the stairs :) It's been so many years since we've played it but still have fond memories :)

I agree, graphics are great...but gameplay is the REAL decider so we will continue to play games older than most people in this forum ;) I get sorta squeamish when he starts up the new Call of Duty game...far too realistic for me...makes me sad :(

Back to Skyrim...I have to join the rebels now...DH went with the Imperials! I know...how dare he, right!?!

krazie_Kid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2010
Long Island
www.vapor4life.com
Our gaming systems have been languishing in favor of the PC ;) We're both playing Skyrim right now which has an interesting twist during the intro to the game :) I joined forces with the rebellion, DH went with the Imperials so *MAYBE* we'll get some variation in how our games play out :) He's also finishing the latest in the Deus Ex franchise so he'll be verrryyy busy :p

Keep me updated!

@ Wade I LOVE to computer screen... I am currently using Win 7 on a laptop, and my hard drive is getting sucked of free memory and I have NOTHING on it...

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Outside DC
My fear of Diablo 3 is the same I shared for Duke Nukem Ms. Kanza. It's potentially Diakatana 3.0. Duke was supposed to be great, fell far short of what was expected.... If it had been released when it was originally supposed to be, then it would have been awesome. It was a 10 year old design with updated graphics, never a good mix....

krazie_Kid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2010
Long Island
www.vapor4life.com
FF imo went downhill fast after 7 as far as gameplay. the graphics keep getting better but i'll take game play to graphics any day

I been saying that since FF8 was made, although 9 and 10 I herd was ok... Then I showed them 7 and they were like O.O

FF8 is FF8. All differences with the Japanese numbering system stop with FF6 japanese IIRC. =D

Agreed. In fact, FF8 has to be the worst FF game of all time IMO. But I'm an 8 bit fan. I loved the ones for the 8 bit. In fact, I still say most of those older games have more playability and replayability than 99% of the new games these days.

Then again, who am I to say anything. I'm a WoW fiend! "FOR THE HORDE!"

FF7 has the BEST replayability, the character's were SO discribed and givena great backstory... Except Vincent Valentine, cause he was a last minute character (And my favorite)

I've been rocking out BF3 for a few weeks now and I'm loving it. It looks absolutely stunning on ultra graphics!

I'm gonna pick up skyrim here soon and see how much of it I can clear before Diablo 3 comes out.

Once D3 comes out I'm gonna be locked away in my office for a few months. That reminds me, I need to find a good sturdy 5v passthrough...haha!

If D3 EVER comes out, I will be the FIRST one to get and beat it!!!

Diablo 3...like that's ever gonna happen! I have been holding my breath waiting for it so I am now totally BLUE...just like UK :p

It was FF3, that caused the most tears, I believe...the one with the guy in the yellow slicker and she reenacts Tosca by singing while climbing the stairs :) It's been so many years since we've played it but still have fond memories :)

I agree, graphics are great...but gameplay is the REAL decider so we will continue to play games older than most people in this forum ;) I get sorta squeamish when he starts up the new Call of Duty game...far too realistic for me...makes me sad :(

Back to Skyrim...I have to join the rebels now...DH went with the Imperials! I know...how dare he, right!?!

I effin love old games, and CoD is meh IMO. I do like war games, but ehh...

For the person that mentioned WoW, I play private server's and I have a lot of fun with the Death Knight's!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread