OT Anyone watch Deadliest Catch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pav

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2009
Detroit Rock City
Tough one. I feel bad for his family. Him and his sons added alot to the show. He did smoke way too much. I saw the same thing with my Dad, but he was lucky enough to get by with a triple bypass and has not smoked and is doing great now. I think I remember on the show Phil wouldn't stop smoking, even after the first health scare. I could be wrong though. And don't know if I could quit either while doing that job.

RIP Capt Phil

chellepelle

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2009
Maine
I just read an article that he did try a electronic cigarette, but couldn't figure out how to charge it “He did cut back on energy drinks, quite a bit from what he’d usually do,” says Josh, “but [doctors] have determined that smoking was the cause of this, and that was always his biggest habit. He had changed a lot of his habits but just could never kick the smoking. He started working with that electronic cigarette but, not used to it, he didn’t know how to charge it. He just kept smoking.”

The Brave Last Days of Capt. Phil|CorneliaMarie

impcat

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
North Carolina
The Discovery Channel is having a marathon showing of The Deadliest Catch today in honor of Captain Phil. It begins at noon Eastern time.

I started watching this program last year after finding out that I had the Discovery Channel (had cable for 3 years and never knew I got that channel--duh on me! LOL). I quickly fell in love with the program and became quite attached to the Harris family. When I saw that Captain Phil had that blood clot, I sat and cried for him and his sons. I cried even harder when I heard last week that he had lost his battle to survive.

My afternoon today will be spent watching The Deadliest Catch and remembering Captain Phil. May he rest in peace and soar with the angels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread